Forgotten Title Help please-CN Republican Era Drama- Forgot name

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by WoonaOnTheMoon, May 3, 2022.

1. WoonaOnTheMoon

WoonaOnTheMoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My mom was watching this series on youtube but forgot the name. Please help me find it if you recognise it.

Random details:
    ML is the third master (I think his name is Beishan or something close). FL is the god-daughter of the family.
    Plot is set during a war, ML's father is FL's godfather/ army commander.
    Time period: Republican Era / approximately 1920s-1950s

FL goes to live with ML's family.
    FL is disgusted with warlords and how they exploit their power. She writes articles in the newspaper denouncing them.
    ML finds out and blackmails her to come to a gathering as he had a bet with his friends to win a convertible. Threatens to close down newspaper companies that associated with her.

The next day FL is riding through town on a rickshaw when she sees a crowd of people in front of one of the newspaper printing houses. [​IMG]
    (pic of what the FL was riding in)

She asks a passerby what is going on and apparently an angry mob is confronting the company that suddenly closed down that day. She hurriedly gets off and pushes into the crowd only to see the manager get pelted by vegetables by the mob.

FL later arrives at meeting point where the younger members of the ML family are listening to a traditional music group and one of ML's female relatives do the usual "you're trying to climb a high branch" routine with her clique.

FL realises what's going on and pushes ML into the koi pond when he comes over with two friends telling him that he's basically a useless person who depends on his family and has no ambitions. (I think in this scene he was wearing round sunglasses and a leather jacket). ML tries to make her apologise and threatens to make her life in the city hard if she doesn't. She tells him she's waiting for it and storms out.

ML is sulking over what she said at his house later at night when one of the servants, an older man, puts a blanket on him. ML asks the servant if what FL said is right. Servant bluntly tells him yes.
    He gives back the blanket in a huffy mood.

Servant comments that he has always been more like his father than his mother.
    ML apparently resents his father and says something to the effect that his father did not deserve his mother and not to talk about him.

Cue flashback to toddler ML and mom at dinner where mom tells him he has to eat to become general like father. ML says no he wants to be a hero. Mom smiles and after puts him to bed while singing his favourite Beijing opera song.

Cut to the next day and FL goes to a girls' school to see others gossiping about her. Her desk is broken and books are messed up. There is also broken chalk in her food.

Please tell me the name if you remember it, thank you for any help.

2. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
  3. WoonaOnTheMoon

WoonaOnTheMoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry for replying so late, YES THAT'S IT, thank you so much!