Request Help!! Ps1 game

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by cindykate, May 24, 2016.

1. cindykate

cindykate Well-Known fuck3r

Reading List:
    Link
    I played ps1 game before called brigandine legend of forsena
    I want to play it again
    I do not have ps1 anymore.. i want to play it on my laptop if possible
    I searched the net and found some clues but i dont understand a thing about emulators and stuff..

Im old school but can follow instruction well.
    Any ideas guys?
    Thanks in advance

2. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Using emulator is easy man, moreover for the ps1.
    You only have to configure your emulator by following the instructions (make sure you have the bios for the psx),
    After you're done with that, you can use CD-ROM, or download the game in ISO file.

3. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Search PSX1.13
    compare to epsxe this one is more easier to use and handle, though there is some game you can not play due graphic limitation, but i think brigandine legend of forsena should be passable

but emulator alone isnt enough as it need BIOS as its core

4. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    ps1 emu is as easy as gba emu. just follow the steps given. its pretty direct.

5. drewjn

drewjn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If this fact is helpful in any way, the ps3 and ps4 should be able to run ps1 discs. Ps2 isn't compatible with either, but ps1 works fine.

Otherwise, if you can find an iso of the game, without being infected by viruses and adware from the site, it practically works perfectly with the standard pcsx emulator. It's only when you get to ps2 and n64 games and newer where emulation gets nasty.

6. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Emulator!!!! I still play a few good PS1 games on my emulator. Final Fantasy 8, Digimon World 1 and 2...

7. Alundric

Alundric Member of Gentleman Alliance

Reading List:
    Link
    Goto emuparadise.me

8. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Search for Final Fantasy Tactics, play forever.

9. the_cheater17

the_cheater17 17 is not my age

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Download epsxe + plugin comnplete. Search with google (or other search engine).
    2. And then, search tutorial how to configure the emulator (include how to play the game and don't forget about the greatest cheat - save state).
    3. Download the game. You can download at emuparadise, nicoblog, romhustler, coolrom, or wherever they are.
    4. Play.

10. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's one guide on how to use one, plus, it even gives you a download place for the emulator
    Or this one for complete newbies, it explains everything so it may be the better option for you to use
    Hoped I helped and good luck on your gaming adventure!

11. Wildzhen

Wildzhen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Talking about ff8 I don't quite get why Square enix did not give a remastered version of it instead of giving us the ff9 HD Remastered I mean no disrespect but in the FF series 7,8,10 are the only ones that matter in the 3D generation at least well at least they gave us FF10 10-2 HD man I'm so happy about it.
    To answer the OP just dl the emulator and make sure u have the bios (u can dl it too no worries though it should come with the emulator) after that its pretty straight forward get your ISO of the game of the CD Rom if u have it. check on youtube for quick install and to see how u launch a game if u are really stuck. ePSXe is the one I used to use never had any issue with it.

12. cindykate

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks alot guys... it was all french to me at first. Especially i tried it once but it didnt play... lol

13. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    It's probably easier since FF9 is a late-PS1 game. Following the trend, PS2 games are easier to HD remaster (FF10) while FF12 is still relatively good looking. FF9 is the best looking of PS1 in terms of graphics (maybe).

FF7 they had to completely redo. Even if they HD remastered the original, I don't want to play a clearer version of the RPG equivalent of mine craft.

FF8 is far better looking, but even an HD remaster can't make it look clear. It's gonna need a rehaul. Not that I would mind.

But yea, I bought myself the FF10 10-2 HD version. So fricken good. Just recently took the time to finish the lightning challenge and get Lulu's weapon.

14. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    www.epsxe.com

The new version of EPSXE 2.02 did not require BIOS anymore... and it can play from PSP Eboot files.
    Also, there is someone who had English translated Brigandine Grand Edition from Japan to English, you can find it using Google.

15. rapture_edge

rapture_edge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heyy @cindykate, as is posted by Yukkuri Oniisan, there is a fully translated Brigandine Grand Edition out there. This is basically the same with Brigandine but with added monsters (Third upgrade for Lizardman, fourth for Golems) , hero classes, and deeper story line. Esgress in this game is a playable character with its own storyline unlike in Legend of Forsena where you need to input some code at the country selection. Your lucky to be wanting to replay this game today as this translation just finished a year ago. Try visiting http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1836/
    the link will also show you other links where you can download the translation patch for the audio in the animated scenes of all your characters. Enjoy.

16. cindykate

Reading List:
    Link
    @rapture_edge thanks alot.. ill try that... i missed this games.. played ff7 and ff8 alot before too.. ill be lloking at them next.. lol