Help with some story/character ideas

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by maggitt147, Nov 21, 2019.

1. maggitt147

maggitt147 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i plan on making a story eventually with the main character have the powers of Doomsday from dc and being enemies with every major group in the story eventually. (For those that do not know what doomsday's powers are, Doomsday is a creature who develops and adapts an immunity to any attack that kills him; a key component of this ability is that he cannot die the same way twice. And Infinite Resurrection after death, although, with a cooldown.)
    The issues i'm having currently is how can i make his character become someone that will become enemies with every major power group in the story and what type of supernatural setting should i go for? Eastern fantasty (Xianxia), modern supernatural (Marvel or My hero academia), historical fiction (Kinda like demon slayer but without demons),or a fantasy world (World of swords and magic or isekai type)
    What do you guys think i should do?

0000000 and yuzen like this.
  2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ...try not to go with xianxia I guess, because in most xianxias I read, the people there have ways to deal with MC's powers, from sealing him to eternity to literally turning him (or parts of him) into a weapon.

Marvel might be cool, but we need a point of conflict, so much so that MC will become the Enemy of the World, minusing the part where he is trying to save it.

As fo other options, those can work. Except if you bring in other gamebreaker powers like Steal, Copy, Nullify and other OP powers.

The problem is your MC though, what is his personality attribute to? Because having Doomsday's ability actually make him unable to flourish (show out) in the power department as he will eventually become way too powerful in time.

3. maggitt147

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i don't see how he could escape from being sealed without outside help or somehow while being trapped magically learn how the seal works or the power behind the seal works and breaks himself free.
    What do you mean what will his personality attribute to? Because i'm not sure how i want his personality to be like currently.

4. Nara

Nara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go for modern supernatural setting
    And for becoming the enemy of major power, how about revenge?
    Make the mc have a tragic past where his family being hunted down by every major power because they want something from the mc family

0000000 and maggitt147 like this.
  5. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, is he good or bad, positive or negative about life. Even if the major powers trying to get to MC via killing all his family like @Nara state, the MC can still be a goody-two-shoes while horrendously murderfuck the major powers, eg) be nice to the general population unless they rub him the wrong way.

Or will he become a major edge lord and start to murder everyone he meets other than the massive harems he will try to collect them all?

The adaptive healing/ immortal combo is quite a poor one as it leaves MC with virtually no stress or cliffhanging, as we know he will win and by quite literally cheating. Case and point Crawler from Worm.

6. maggitt147

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll most likely have him be bad and think of a reasonable back story for him to want to go against all the major power groups instead of making him a good guy who wants equal rights for all when the major powers want all the power to themselves and everyone else to bow under their rule.
    And well, the mc won't win all the time. At the beginning he will lose quite a lot and by lose i mean horribly die and then come back some time later with an immunity to what killed him. It'll take some time before the world learns of his abilities so he'll have plenty of time to do whatever he wants (His motivations or goals taken from his background or current living stance) And if worse comes to worse when he has absolutely no challenges, I'll add some characters with cheat-like abilities as well or kill him for good (Ending maybe) or seal him forever with no chance of getting out.

7. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ...how the fuck does the major power not noticing his power...

If I was the MC, I will probably take shit loads of morphine before yeeting myself into:
    An active volcano
    A running woodchipper
    A nuclear test site
    And several dangerous spots.

8. maggitt147

Reading List:
    Link
    He won't be aware of the massive potential of his power until like the middle of the story i'm thinking or atleast the final parts of the first part. at first he'll just be freaking out on how he came back to life or glad he's back to life (Depending on his personality i'll give him)

0000000 likes this.
  9. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Make a God that governed over the realm of Life and Death noticed his law-breaking ability and boomed, at least half of the world is on his ass. Also, make his existence somehow linked to something so terrible that everyone needed to band together to prevent its awakening/unsealing/coming.

maggitt147 likes this.
  10. maggitt147

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh thats a good idea. The gods or god realized that one of the soul have become twisted and unusual and send their followers or worshippers to investigate and capture the mc to find out why his power is the way it is.