Help with upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by zhainan2157, Jun 28, 2019.

1. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    @mrixo @Lewisking50 @MangoGuy @Jeebus @StuffedDuck @raitei @Asdq @Flamer @An Anime Addict @lnv @Kalto

OMFG, I fking hate this. While I was reading your replies and suggestions, I had windows media installer tool running again for a last ditch effort. The fking second I post my last replies to all of you, it successfully goes through the update and now its back to windows 10 again like WTF. The only thing I did this time was shut down the computer for about 4 hours before retrying. Maybe the computer was too hot or overloaded or something and needed rest?!?! I'm so confused and I hate how I just spent more than 10 hours last night with 0 sleep wasted on this stupid thing. FK you Microsoft for making this so complicated.
    So now you guys know, if your PC has a problem, just turn it off and leave it alone for a couple hours and it will all solve itself. FML and all the time I wasted.

Anyway, thank you all for your suggestions and hopefully, this computer won't freak out from the updates again. I'll limit myself this time as well and only install a few updates at a time instead.
    emote_(Senior White Depressed)

2. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    BIOS and drivers are dangerious, never change anything that is not giving problem, principally if you don't know what is hapenning, u know "don't change anything in a winning team". I'd a driver problem with my notebook while trying update to win 10 but its a rare case because my notebook was from 2009.

3. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah i know my stuff. I know how bad things can get if you do something wrong but i can tell you that i see all the proper details and risks first. I only update secondary drivers and some primary ones which the system itself says maybe outdated. As for BIOS i updated it only one time after i had some problems and i did it manually from the manufacturer's site.

zhainan2157 likes this.
  4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    emote_(Senior White approves)

zhainan2157 likes this.
  5. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    20% discount is expensive, I meant like 90% discount or free.

I doubt it has anything to do with the heat. When you shut down the computer these days, it does things in the background. Some things were probably stuck in cache messing things up and when you shut it off, it cleaned the cache up.

dhRPGamer and zhainan2157 like this.