LCD Heroes of Marvel

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by NeurogamiPrime, Oct 22, 2019.

1. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heroes of Marvel

The novel is about Jackson is a chinese american young man who reincarnates into the marvel world from our world. Due to pushy system that seems to have some secrets of its own, he is forced to involve himself in the foundation of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

This novel is very good and diverges in logical ways from the MCU because of the multiple interference of the main character either on purpose or by accident. If you are not already reading it, this is a must pick up novel if you can get past the setting. For people who are already reading this, let me know how you feel about the chapters.
    There was no Latest Chapter Discussion before this point and I found that to be a shame.

2. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I sort of feel like the explanation given behind Lin Rui's ecounter with Thors Hammer was poor. I felt it to be forced so there could be some reason behind the system needing to go away for a bit. Him nearly dying from touching something that many many others in this novel and the MCU touched is just way out of left field and not in a good way.

Not to mention the numbers of points and costs of items was all over the place. They were so inconsistent that the author could say he had 1 billion points and it would make as much sense as saying 10,000 at this point now.

I also don't see how he is to continue getting points when the only way to get points is to complete missions given out by the system but the system is gone. So that I'm just waiting for.

Also Lin Rui should know the Fury and Colson aren't hydra... he can't be that forgetful or oblivious in regards to his future knowledge. He should tell them of this issue if not immediately out the leaders of Hydra in Shield. His keeping of this information doesn't make much sense. He knows they get bested but in this World there is much different from the MC and he has already changed so much. He should be proactive against the threat instead of so passive. That's just my take tho.

It's a half decent fanfic.
    Sub par translation but better than MTL by alot still.
    It's okay so far.

Ran ahzu likes this.
  3. Ggis

Ggis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You cant apply that logic in here. The fanfic has around 1.2k chapters and if we're going 1 chapter a day its around 4 years since it started without mentioning hiatus or the author having real life problems keeping him from writing. I can't say which mcu movie was out when it started but im pretty sure it was rather early.

4. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    That's fair, but not applicable here for the point I brought up. He has demonstrated knowledge atleast up to Winter Soldier. He knows all about hydra in shield so... why is he not telling g the people he would know aren't part of shield. Like Coulson or Fury.

I dont expect him to call Captain Marvel or something but not telling Fury makes no sense. It is likely so the author can write about this conflict later but it still doesn't make sense.

5. NeurogamiPrime

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems to be a common theme in chinese fanfics about marvel to antagonize the known good people in shield out of hatred for hydra. Though didn't Jackson say that he trusts nick and Coulson, he just cant tell them anything because there was no reason for them to trust him and the information would spread fast, defeating the purpose of seeking them out for help?

6. Kaptain krunch

Kaptain krunch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hated him since the second chapter, I dropped it. He was too selfish and irresponsible, I don't think the author knows how smart Peter is supposed to be and I am a huge fan of Spider-Man so the fact that he is going against Peter really pisses me off.

But yeah, I'm a little biased but after becoming a Spider-Man fan, I started hating these protagonists that are selfish little shits.

7. Trane

Trane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Call ~
    I dont understand what those things are
    Call
    Can anybody tell me why they suddenly decided to add irrelevant nonsense?

8. NeurogamiPrime

Reading List:
    Link
    yea its a sound effect i see frequently in chinese novels. i never understand what it is supposed to be. context almost never helps as the sound is not consistent.

9. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    Does this novel have romance?

Emma401 likes this.