Discussion He's Mine, No Objections Allowed

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by luoxinle, Jan 8, 2023.

1. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking forward to reading He's Mine, No Objections Allowed, a modern entertainment circle c-novel. He's hoping it's sweet, fluffy, and funny, with maybe some face-slapping mixed in.

Special welcome to book group members!

"You're pregnant?!" :blobjoy: I'm dead

We're off to a good start! I really like our MC so far. She seems very sensible and down to earth, treating her fame as just a career, not an identity. It's what she does, and she's good at it, but it's not who she is.

Omg, the second to last line. This novel is cracking me up.

2. elideli

elideli keepin' an eye out

Reading List:
    Link
    "You're pregnant?!"
    "No, I'm talking to my boobs."
    I'm immediately in love with Su Yi I love funny shameless characters like her :blobjoy:
    “That dog’s really cute, I’ve always wanted one too but I’m really busy. If you have the time can you bring the dog out and I’d walk it?”
    I want to meet the dog too haha. Now that Chu Ying has gone to her place, when do we get to see his house?!

luoxinle likes this.
  3. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, me too! I'm reminded slightly of our beloved sand sculpture heroine Yu Rubing from She is the Protagonist.
    I also want to meet the dog.

elideli likes this.
  4. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Once again cracking up at the first paragraph.

I like that we see him starting to be interested in her. This novel is so delightful. I'm also starting to suspect that the concern over her reputation is a misunderstanding. Our ML doesn't seem like the kind of person who cares about that kind of thing.

I'm now seeing the MC as similar to the shameless protagonist in Guide on How to Fail at Online Dating. They have the same sort of unpretentious charm.

:blobjoy: bahaha, rolling. She thinks she's so sneaky.

Omg, she's so cute! She really reminds me of the MC in Guide on How to Fail at Online Dating.

elideli likes this.
  5. elideli

Reading List:
    Link
    Well then I guess I have to read Guide on How to Fail at Online Dating because I really love her character rn xdd
    She gets even more (less?) sneaky later on when
    she tries to steal a kiss from dear captain eagle! honestly they are both so cute!!!!!

luoxinle likes this.
  6. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    You definitely need to read Guide on How to Fail at Online Dating. That MC is even more delightfully shameless.
    Also, don't be put off by the description - the ML knows MC is a boy from the start, and there is relatively little Big Reveal angst.
    Looking forward to some more failed sneakiness when I get to chapter 21!

Ahahahaha, burn :blobtorch:

This time I'm reminded of You're My Glory
    when the paparazzi got arrested for photographing Yu Tu and Qiao Jing Jing outside his confidential workplace.

Eeeeeeee!

I'm confused:
    What's up with the watermelon?

elideli likes this.
  7. elideli

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly? Idk either haha. It's not an uncommon gift from other stuff I've read?

luoxinle likes this.
  8. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious about the relationship between Wu Xue, Liu Minghao, and Liu Xi. Liu Minghao is Wu Xue's fiance, but there's clearly some turbulence in the relationship. Liu Xi (Chu Ying's friend) is obviously trying to meet Wu Xue, while Wu Xue is avoiding him. Liu Minghao and Liu Xi have the same surname. I'm sensing a dog blood drama plot here.

elideli likes this.
  9. elideli

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this! Very curious about what these side characters are up to... :blobspy:

luoxinle likes this.
  10. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    My theory: Liu Xi and Liu Minghao are brothers/cousins with a competitive relationship. Liu Xi liked Wu Xue first, and Liu Minghao only asked her out to make trouble for his brother. Liu Minghao is cheating and only asked her to marry him because the elders want him to get married. Liu Xi is worried that she'll marry Minghao and be miserable, so he warns her of the cheating. This makes her feel very complicated toward Liu Xi, who on the one hand is a better catch, but on the other hand is the bearer of bad news, and obviously has impure motives for interfering in their relationship. Also, she's technically his "sister-in-law", which makes his interest in her wrong, even though he's more sincere than her cheating and indifferent fiancé. She's avoiding him because she hasn't decided what to do about the cheating, and doesn't know how to face his courtship.:hmm:

On an unrelated note, my heart is breaking for poor little Bao. Here's hoping there's an adoption in his future.::bloblove::

Okay, I'm not denying Su Yi as a vixen, but Chu Ying is not a pure little monk about to be eaten clean. He's a wolf indulging the cute little fox who followed him home.

Laughing over Su Yi's conversation with Chu Xi. I'm looking forward to little sister's revenge!

Also, why do men in these novels always take cold showers? Isn't it easier, more comfortable, and frankly probably more effective to just masturbate and get it over with? I guess maybe it feels too creepy to masturbate about a person while they're in the other room. Not that it's unethical - your masturbation is your own private business so long as you keep it private - but I can see how he might feel creepy about it.

Bag-giving ambassador :blobjoy: I think Chu Ying hit the nail on the head. After (probably, this is me guessing) being cheated on by her fiancé, I can see why Wu Xue would be hesitant to trust Liu Xi.

Who do you think the assistant's boyfriend is? I suspect Wu Ke, though honestly that's mostly just because we don't have that many options to guess from.

:blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:
    "Is this revenge?"
    I'm dead

!!!!!!! So unexpected!

Kneeling, then a hug... why do I have a feeling there's about to be fake "proposal" news....

elideli likes this.
  11. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Such a sweet fluffy story! I enjoyed it way more than I was expecting. I was worried that the ML wouldn't like her because of her roles, and that it would be more of her chasing an indifferent ML. Thankfully the ML responded! That scene in chapter 56 when he asks her to like him was so lovely and sweet, my heart was bursting. The story line about the nephew was too tragic, though. It makes sense that she had already tried and failed to adopt him, but I was so hoping that he would get a happy ending. Here's hoping he gets reborn as the MC's baby. That would be a perfect happy ending.

elideli likes this.
  12. elideli

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn you were so close with this, how'd you get so good at predicting plot ponts xdd
    damn right! :blobjoy:

i just about died when he answered the call during his meeting, these two are really so cute together xddd
    Honestly, at this point it's just a given that the prototype handsome ML's stamina and, ahem, endurance is so superhuman it's actually probably faster for him to take a cold shower to calm down than to rub one out... Irl your suggestion would probably be the best lol
    Me too, and for the same reasons! Although tbh I fel like there was such little set up for that bit it kinda came out of left field but then again I wasn't really paying attention to those two tbh
    right?! Although I don't advocate for cheating, even on a cheater, at least it sounds like she got the closure/revenge she needed from that
    It was so adorable!!!!! I also thought there was going to be a lot more indifferent husband chasing on Su Yi's part but I'm so glad the two for together so quickly and neatly! Their emotional shenanigans didn't feel drawn out and they reassured each other so sweetly ~
    I loved the part where Su Yi bonded with mother Chu by talking about the drama <3 and I'm glad his family welcomed her in the end despite the slight initial friction

And yeah the nephew's story was so sad, I was kinda hoping they'd start a family or something. But I guess sometimes the world do be like that. At least Su Qin got some maner of retribution...

Anyway, amazing novel. Book club, you've outdone yourself again!

wait omg no I just realised we never met the dog!!!!! I demand a refund!!! Why would the story tease us like that!!! :blobtriumph:

13. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link

:blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: My bad, forgot about the c-novel stamina. Man, that must be inconvenient sometimes! *rolling* :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

I'm not sure it even technically counts as cheating since the relationship is obviously over, but yeah. Frankly, given that he bought an engagement ring for another women, he has no right to talk about her "cheating". Cheating is one thing, secretly marrying someone else is another.

Glad you liked it too! Book club has definitely gotten me to read some great books that probably would have sat on my "to read" list forever otherwise.

This is unacceptable. I demand puppies.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    elideli likes this.
  14. HuangDoudou

HuangDoudou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished this story. For the most part, I really liked it but...
    I feel like the part where Xiao Bao died was out of left field. It seemed to be so random and surprisingly dark in a story that's overall so light

The FL kinda reminds me of You Are My Glory. She is very straightforward and she seems to be pretty self assured. I love how she knows what she wants and gets it.

elideli likes this.