Hidden Adwall Chapters?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by sithkazar, Mar 5, 2020.

1. sithkazar

sithkazar Professional Screw Up

Reading List:
    Link
    So a few years ago the adwall chapters from sites like webnovel were annoying me so I hide them using the filter under "Release Filtering." Well I wanted to turn them back on and I can't seem to find the setting anymore. This thread says that the setting should be under "Release Filtering" but I'm guessing it got moved during the redesign? Or maybe it was too much trouble and the locked chapters are no longer be listed anymore, making the setting unnecessary?

I ignored the drama and might have missed what happened completely. I was asking because I started reading this novel, which doesn't appear to have any chapter releases to me, but I know that its completely translated on webnovel. The first 39 chapters are not locked on their website anymore and I wanted to see if the chapters where list as locked by mistake.

Shio likes this.
  2. RjSilverthorn

RjSilverthorn Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of the paywall chapters on webnovel just don't show up on Novel Updates. I don't have filtering turned on and I don't see any releases under that novel. I have a couple novels that started out free and moved to paid on webnovel and now the chapters I've previously read are just gone from Novel Updates.

Sabruness and sithkazar like this.
  3. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    All paywalled chapters have been hidden...
    Not so long ago I was viewing my Completed list and noticed the "I've read the latest chapter" buttons all around... So I started clicking, before realizing it was updating my list from the actual "last chapter" to "last free chapter"... Quite a bummer.

4. sithkazar

sithkazar Professional Screw Up

Reading List:
    Link
    In this thread someone said that they could see the hidden chapters, while to me it still appears empty. Is there a setting somewhere that allows that? How could they see the locked chapters?

5. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Attach a screenshot.

6. Partysan

Partysan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I turned on the special filter option for adlocked/paywalled chapters back when in '17 and I just took a look at my paywalled reading list. I can't see any chapters when I'n on the novels' release pages, but my reading list still shows locked chapters as my "last read", so they're in there somewhere. I can't turn off the filtering anymore because the option is gone. So it seems likely that indeed the option has been taken out and people are sort of locked into the on/off state they had it turned to before.

7. bruh8410

bruh8410 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Paywalled stuff doesnt show up thats why when you look at a novel that has 700 chaps that says fully translated, when you check the chapters at the bottom it might just show up the 100 or so on webnovel

8. Auranyte

Auranyte Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason there are paywalled series still being updated on the website. (I just found one and reported it) It also looks like Webnovel.com has changed when they add a paywall. It used to be around chapter 100 was when they started to paywall. Now it looks like all new series paywall at chapter 40.