Recommendations Hidden gems in RRL ?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by TerranImperium, Jun 9, 2017.

1. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    1) What do you consider "Hidden Gem"? Do novels that make the top 50 count as hidden gems?

2) What genre?

I don't know about others, but I consider "Hidden Gems" as something that may not be rated well due to its niche genre. Hence making it a hidden gem...so what genre?

2. Goldsaif

Goldsaif sect patriarch for the sect of primordial lurkers

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to ask for some spoilers if possible I heard it contains tragedy so I have been avoiding it

also is there ntr

3. Gautama

Gautama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 Breath of Creation
    Also you can read Lord Shadow

4. Crow3r

Crow3r Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And btw why peope tends to suggest Andur i read few of his works and he is graverobbing himself.

xalienxgamerx likes this.
  5. Goldsaif

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to ask for some spoilers if possible I heard it contains tragedy so I have been avoiding it

also is there ntr

6. TerranImperium

TerranImperium Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well just something that you find as a very good story but not very popular to share it with us , that's all of course not everyone have the same opinion but it help others and me to find "Hidden Gems" and no the first 50 ranked stories are not counted
    SPOILER : Well after fighting some kind of boss , he is left half-dead drifting in a river , find anew "family" with reptiles and some kind of romance with naga(upper body of a woman and the lower half of a snake) , he fucked her and make babies with her return to the human territory to scare the shit out of the others kings that attacked his humans friends etc...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  7. Wildly_Laughing

Wildly_Laughing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Master of All, Jack of None" by Mythran.
    The story has only 16 chapters to it, but someone else thought it was an amazing story and continued it.

"Mythran's Master of All" by Bokuboy
    is the continuation of it, and starts at Chapter 17. There's more than 100 chapters of it (I'm currently on chapter 174), and it's an amazing and well-written story with several arcs. Also, it looks like it's been professionally edited, since the author has gone back and edited everything (at least up to where I've read)

8. BaronFroggie

BaronFroggie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Skyfire Magus is great if you like shameless characters,but is still being actively written. Those who aspired to be gods a darker fairytale is amazing and the chapters are looooong with one being 60k words and others averaging 20k. If you like LN style novels more then The one who seeks power, would be more your speed, long chapters and weekly updates, I think the author who moved everything to a Wordpress so I don't think
    It's still there but if so check it out. As always forgotten conqueror and anything by Andur as the andur has many completed novels that from what I recall. Not sure if the beginning after the end is still on rrl and continuing on another site, but it's good. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Those who aspired to be gods is the one I most recommend and another is Daniek of the black blood or something along those lines is another.

9. Goldsaif

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Silvarion

Silvarion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess this counts as a hidden gem:
    classic cancer cliché
    well, the name is like that, the cover art is also like that, and even the synopsis is also like that, but, surprisingly I enjoyed it. too bad it became too serious recently. I guess it can't be helped when doing flashback...

11. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah no the exact opposite. I liked falling star because it was not a cliche parody cancer. Definitely recommend reading it.

12. BaronFroggie

BaronFroggie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no NTR, but a little tragedy I would guess at the start but that shapes the character.

13. Frederic755

Frederic755 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everybody Loves Large Chests
    Body and Soul
    Story: Forever After
    Iron Teeth: A Goblin's Tale
    The Arcane Emperor
    The Beginning After the End
    Emerilia
    Mythran's Master of All - Continued

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  14. xalienxgamerx

xalienxgamerx Mmm friend...

Reading List:
    Link
    Andur's works aren't really a hidden gem. As for me I would recommend The Damned.

15. Sylvie

Sylvie 「GDL」「Lost Soul」「Unadored」

Reading List:
    Link
    I would recommend Whisper of Nightingale for female mc. And The Iron Teeth: A Goblin's Tale for male mc.

16. oro

oro New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    aside from the obvious reads on rrl as "savage divinity", "arcane emperor", all of andurs works... i would recommend:
    (more active stories at the top and less active stories at the bottom - would probably be easier to start reading the inactive ones first :) )

under a boundless sky - previous story of author was kinda good too, this is currently "active"

lazy cat - relatively new, just 9 chapters, but already high on my fav list

the bound dungeon - its one of the better dungeon storys on rrl :)

loser of tarinath - unique approach on the vrmmo genre - sadly not very active recently

the arcanist - its a little too jumpy with the pov of present/past which often makes it confusing, none the less a good read imo

crashed into fantasy - another vrmmo thingy, would read again ;D

a dragon gnawing its tail - oh i love this one

unparalleled - would rate this story just below the really grand works on rrl, sadly 6month since last chapter :(

the fallen ascending - well it is a little too focused on the sexual parts but the character, world building etc and the first 2 arcs are quite the good read - sadly abandoned or hiatus, not sure

dreambreaker - another story of same author as 'the fallen ascending' - again a little too focused on the sex parts, but i like his worldbuilding, a little dark at times but nice to read imo - sadly this was abandoned or hiatus or whatever quite early into the story

cultivating dungeon - reincarnation dungeon cultivating bla - dunno how to describe it, but would read again ;D

The Defective hermit - first story i ever read on rrl, totally got me hooked up with the site :)

17. yusha

yusha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord shadow
    Apocalypse, game element, time travel, world travel, analytic MC and with cultivation system

18. JazraelHarken

JazraelHarken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You could try my novel, it's quite new but already has 143 pages. I don't know if it's a hidden gem but I had a few good comments about it.
    Legends of the Wesh: Lochley

If you're looking for new authors with new books in RRL, you could try Balthazar's Thread in forums.
    He compiles books that have been recommended by other people or by author's themselves if they think it's impressive.
    Link to thread

19. TerranImperium

TerranImperium Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh interresting thread , thanks , i wonder how did i miss it x) and gonna try your novel seems cool

20. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    i meant that fallen star of evolution was B: `Cliche parody cancer.