Recommendations Hilarious bl novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by nananna, Jun 16, 2020.

1. nananna

nananna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So hey guys im looking for some hilarious or parody bl novels . Like

They all said i encountered a ghost
    A crowd of evil spirits lines up to confess to me
    Fantasy farm
    New times new hell
    Never thought you'd be this kind of hero
    The script is not like this

I prefer bl though bg is also good. I would also like healthy or equal relationships if any. I prefer funny internal monologues or hilarious situations. Im not good with raws so please give me translated ones. I dont mind the amount of chapters. I prefer it not too ansty . Im ok with horror too. I also enjoy stories where the mc is surrounded by girls but is gay or the mc is straight but the world is gay. I enjoy trope deconstruction

Thanks for reading.
    The more suggestions the better

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    WhyDidIDoThis likes this.
  2. WhyDidIDoThis

WhyDidIDoThis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. WhyDidIDoThis

WhyDidIDoThis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    'mc is straight but the world is gay.' Didn't see this before
    Otoko Darake no Isekai Trip ~BL wa Okotowari~

nananna likes this.
  4. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ghost know what I experienced? (not sure it's completely translated since I'm stockpiling atm but over 140ch out)
    I reread You Boys Play Games Very Well when I'm feeling down or depressed. really funny and a very light-hearted story with almost zero angst. both mc and ml are students so it's pretty innocent and the relationship is kind of lopsided but not too bad and it's completely translated.
    I'd recommend Superstar Aspirations for hilarious inner monologue (ML) and equal partners, but I think you'd have to mtl the second half.

nananna likes this.
  5. frozenlimabeans

frozenlimabeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Translated Novels that I found funny:

Non-Human Sub-district Office
    - The MC is accidentally keeping a super powerful demon as a pet dog, while being in love with said super powerful demon. And everyone else who knows is internally groaning, making fun of the said demon for having to live off of someone. Despite the ML being extremely powerful, MC could be considered in an equal position with him! Love their weird dynamic and shenanigans.
    Just an overall good read with slight heart jerking moments that make the story great.

I'm not sure if you'd like original novels, but I think they kinda line up with what you want:

The Grandmaster's Weird Disciple (scribblehub)
    - The MC falls in love with the ML and tries his best to hide his past to be his disciple. The couple is very equal, the writing is good, and plot is ongoing and GREAT. The comedy would lie in the MC's lack of common sense, and further in the story, he confesses to the ML and just decides to quietly stay by his side. When the ML realizes his feelings, he pursues but is accidentally rejected every time (this isn't much of a spoiler, it's kind of discussed and mentioned by the author since chapter 5).

I am an Eggplant (scribblehub)
    - The MC is an eggplant and the ML is the boy who waters the plant. Just so many shenanigans with plot hidden underneath. I think it's cute and funny. Relationship is equal (GOD I LOVE EQUAL RELATIONSHIPS they're just MMM). It gets a little angst in the beginning but its quick to pull out.

I'll try to find some more! I like going through the novels i've already read (though most of them have been untranslated lately)

nananna likes this.
  6. nananna

Reading List:
    Link
    They sound good. I had seen them in the comment sections. Thanks for the recommendations. Its helpful

7. nananna

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant something like the manga

Zettai BL ni Naru Sekai vs Zettai BL ni Naritakunai Otoko

If you are into manga then i recommend trying this .Its plain hilarious. A non handsome guy actively avoiding flags from his vast knowledge of bl comic section

WhyDidIDoThis likes this.
  8. nananna

Reading List:
    Link
    They all sound hilarious. Thanks for the recommendations

9. nananna

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I have already read the first one and it matched my tastes. Still have to try Superstar Aspirations