Spoiler Hilarious Pampered Consort

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by HC, Dec 28, 2016.

1. snowflake_obsidian

snowflake_obsidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This time I preserved the Chinese paragraphs and took some liberties in phrasing to convey some ideas which don’t directly translate into English.

Chapter 33 A Certain Lord's Probe (3)

"Tan Er doesn't understand His Lordship." Qu Tan Er still used this one sentence. 800 years and she didn't want to change even half a word.

"Don't you have another reply other than this sentence?" With a thin smile, Mo Lian Cheng raised his eyebrows, his tone nevertheless had no dissatisfaction.

"No." Qu Tan Er nodded her head as a definite reply to him. Feigning madness and acting like a fool, who wouldn't know. But you want to dress up the problem; Parade that there isn't a trace of a flaw. That is the expert of experts.

Furthermore she, Qu Tan Er is that expert who hit the mark. A certain person recognized that.

"You are deliberately provoking His Lordship's anger?"

"No."

"You should answer His Lordship's question."

"What did His Lordship ask?"

"Are you doing this on purpose?" Mo Lian Cheng slightly narrowed his eyes. Even he never thought that she unexpectedly would have the skill to provoke him, he who did not easily reveal anger in front of outsiders.

"No."

"His Lordship at last understands why he stirred you up."

"Qu Tan Er doesn't understand His Lordship's meaning." She didn't understand and never thought to understand. She did not want to understand the world of men. She did not wish to get involved in the palace fight for power and the wrestling for influence. The fundamental result of knowing too much would be dying without an intact corpse.

"Since you want to pretend then you go ahead and pretend. However, remember to not reveal any weak points." Mo Lian Chang indifferently spoke, a slight hook at the corners of his mouth, an undemonstrative smile.

Qu Tan Er was silent but her head involuntarily raised slightly and once again looked at him. In pretending for two years, it was the first time a man saw through her act. No, it was exposed that time climbing on the wall, purely accidental. She didn't know if she should rejoice about encountering this man or grieve at her misfortune. For the time being regardless of what Mo Lian Cheng said, she didn't know of any conspiracy, and to say that she was pretending to be gentle and agreeable, but anyhow in short, this sort of situation did not allow for optimism.

Moreover, she thought about Qu Jiang Lin's words the same evening that the emperor bestowed the marriage.

Actually, Qu Jiang Lin's words at that time and his actions were not incorrect, nothing more than requiring that she marry into the eighth prince's household, and as much as possible gain Mo Lian Cheng's trust and doting. At that time the words combined kindness and sternness so her intuition led her to doubt that she was being planted in the eighth prince's as a chess piece. At the same time, he stressed that she in all aspects stood in place of the Qu family and represented their interests. She was to reflectively execute any instructions.

A daughter who had been married out, still represent Qu family interests and do things on their behalf?

Too strange, isn't it?

But, what Qu Jiang Lin said that time was very natural.

And to not expose herself early on as not being his his daughter, Qu Tan Er naturally didn't say anything. She only blindly nodded her head as necessary. Now thinking again, originally Qu Tan Er was close to the first prince. Qu Jiang Lin is certainly the eldest prince's person? The more she thought the more her head hurt. Let it be, simply unexpected.

"Tan Er is not..." she frowned and a moment ago, thought about continuing to pretend being stupid.

"Being the case that you've married into the eighth prince's household and have become the eighth prince's official consort. There are rules that you must observe and remember, otherwise, shallow water also can drown someone to death.

".... “ Qu Tan Er was taken aback. Her two eyes got larger. She had difficulty believing and looked at him. She doubted what she heard, even more she was uncertain. He is covertly threatening her, isn't he.

Shallow water can drown someone to death; she is clear about this principle. However .... her body shivered, without any reason there was a burst a nip in the air, did the weather turn colder?

"His Lordship's requirements are not many, just a few items."

"Yes, Tan Er knows, Tan Er will continue to bear all these in mind. When in the family then obey father, when married out of the family then obey husband, when hus...husband is deceased then obey the son [1]. Your Lordship please speak; Tan Er will listen." Qu Tan Er smiled a little and docilely waited for Mo Lian Cheng's instructions.

[1] Patrilineal expected behavior of females

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Aster Anemone and alexfilia like this.
  2. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    There's an upcoming drama based on this novel (though there are stupid changes again).

So hoping for more spoilers before the drama.

kobs813 and alexfilia like this.
  3. fabrayist

fabrayist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when i read the word concubine. I lost the motivation to read further. :(

4. Aster Anemone

Aster Anemone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IS this story worth reading or waiting for translation?

5. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    In this scenario, where ML loves MC but takes another concubine for whatever reason, even if he doesn't touch her, I wish to read the following convo:
    MC: Geez, hubby, thank you so much for bringing in a concubine. You thought my life was too peaceful that it became boring, right? So now I can look forward to some intrigue and battles of wits. Plus I have something to keep me on my toes should I get pregnant - make sure I don't accidentally eat any abortion pills, or trip on the stairs by chance. And if I actually give birth well, I'll also occupy my time by keeping watch over my child, so he/she won't accidentally die. By the way, dear hubby, don't forget to watch what you eat, so you don't accidentally swallow some aphrodisiac, causing you to sleep with the concubine. Unless, of course, that's within your plans to make my life more interesting. Oh, almost forgot, let's divorce. Cause I actually enjoy a peaceful and boring life.

And then they divorce and the MC merrily goes on to a different novel genre, the type where MC thrives in business, makes money and gets a loyal man who adores her and lives happily ever after. Okay, I admit, my taste in novels is pretty narrow. But man, the concubine subplot annoys me to hell.

samtm, Toyo, wildthorn and 5 others like this.
  6. snowflake_obsidian

Reading List:
    Link
    I found the story overall to be pretty humorous, at least up to the part where they disappear into the other world, which is where I stopped reading. The substory about the concubine that he took afterwards is rather funny. There's one part where she's looking for her pet sheep which keep disappearing because the ML has been barbequeing them.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  7. Aster Anemone

Aster Anemone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah the story is funny I am reading Chapter 216 and still finding it interesting. I will continue to read until it gets boring :).

8. Food food

Food food Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you eloborate

9. wafflebeauty

wafflebeauty Димаш Кудайберген

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn i would love that plot!

10. snowflake_obsidian

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, unsure how to explain humor.

I watched some of the TV drama. Its' humor seemed pretty different than the book though the program was created for a mainland Chinese audience....I'm not part of that group.

11. Darkness1989

Darkness1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this the book for the webdrama eternal love ? If yes. Do you know if Qidian is subbing it since it’s one of their novel after all.

12. Kaparin

Kaparin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope this post is not dead. Has anyone read the novel long enough to summarise what each arc is about? It doesn’t have to be long even 1 sentence for each arc is fine. Thank you.

13. Kristal-bunny

Kristal-bunny New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Adapted in a drama!❤❤❤
    This drama is really Good! It is called eternal love ! The actor who play mo Liang chen played in princess agent as the guard ! Season was released not long ago !

14. Darkness1989

Reading List:
    Link
    Do we know if anyone is subbing this

15. Kaparin

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a group doing it but it’s so slow that I went ahead and mtled it.

16. Darkness1989

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck. Mtled just kill my brain cells.

17. Kaparin

Reading List:
    Link
    I MTLED from where S1 left off. :notlikeblob: I honestly got so lazy though, and I only managed to read 40 chapters. Up till this day, I still have no clue why I haven't continued lol.:hmm: I honestly felt XT was immature in the novel, and MLC's character was more fleshed out in the drama.

Edit: In case some haven't read the novel, unlike the drama where it's 2 souls in 1 body. The novel is just two souls being swapped. One goes to the Modern world and the other goes to DongYue.

This is based on 40 chapters that I wrote on another forum. (Ch 859-900)

There are differences between the drama and the novel but I guess the premise is still the same. They couple got transported to the Modern world, both fell into the sea. XT was saved by a person who was out on his yacht. Seeing her dressed in costume clothing it made her look either like a cosplayer or an actress. The man was Mr. Duan, a rich guy from a wealthy family who chose to become an actor (star/celebrity). He lent her his clothes to dress into. She took his phone and asked for the password but he refused so she threw it away. XT needed to locate MLC so she had to go on shore and finally found him.

Mr. Duan insisted on being friendly with the two when there was nothing to be gained from. He helped them with their accommodation etc.

In the hotel room, XT taught MLC how to use a shower. MLC used his internal force to blow dry his hair but got scolded by XT because the media in this world can be scary if he was found doing this. She also prohibited him from killing anyone.

The two were given clothes to attend Mr. Duan’s party. There was an assassination towards Mr. Duan with gunshots during the party. Everyone was in panic, yet the couple went to a corner, poured two glasses of wine and silently watched the chaos in a calm manner. XT told MLC to relax as the bodyguards will take care of everything. Of course, Mr. Duan was safe but he was amused by the fact the two were so calm in this situation. He really wanted to befriend them but both MLC and XT found it weird. By taking advantage of Mr. Duan’s intentions, she asked him to forge 2 identity card/documents for them. He gave them his business card with his personal number on it. The two left and said they will contact him when the documents are done.

The couple were followed by one of Mr. Duan’s people. They took advantage of his money and rented a place with internet and technology. XT taught MLC about the internet and he got addicted to it to the point that XT was angry that she was as not important. After a few days, XT wanted to show MLC about the wonders of the night market so they went out. Gu Lin who is Mr. Duan’s bodyguard approached them and personally handed them two invitation cards for another party. However, they lost it whilst riding around on a bike. They came across a group of people and XT spotted her modern self telling MLC that she can see herself. It turned out that Tan Er who adapted to the modern world became extremely popular who is known for her 4 arts (music, calligraphy etc).

The couple contacted Mr. Duan through the kept business card and asked for new invitations as they lost it. He came to hand it to them in person but attracted a lot of attention. This was when XT became dumbfounded because she did not know he was a celebrity but rather just a rich guy. Knowing that her modern body is a famous figure who will attend the party she insisted to join the party to approach her.

The Day of the Party
    XT asked Mr. Duan if he could help them prepare some clothes for this particular event. On the day of the party, Mr. Duan showed MLC his speed racing skills and asked if MLC wanted to try the car. MLC accepted as he read about this on the internet before and how the speed was described as extremely fast. XT was dumbfounded because she knew he couldn’t ride one but he already left in a speed of light. Who would’ve thought MLC would become a speed racing prodigy after watching another drive? MLC as usual with his cold face said that the speed of this was not even fast leaving the other two speechless. As night approached they left to get ready for the party.

Qu Tan Er was shocked at the party when she saw her Dong Yue body giving her eye contact. She also knew the man next to XT should somehow be the 8th Prince. The two girls had a talk and were worried about their real parents from each side. They both exchanged contact details.

MLC and Mr. Duan negotiated that one of them will provide all living necessities and expenses and the other offer bodyguard protection due to the assassination from before.

Mr. Duan explained that this all happened 3 months ago when people from his family asked him to drop out of the Duan family’s business line and focused on what he truly loves, his “acting career”. The next day he got shot and had to lay in bed for half a month.

So both XT and MLC’s job was to protect Mr. Duan and find out who was the perpetrator?

XT told MLC that after she fought with the Demon King, the soul suppressing orb went inside her body but she could not find (locate) it at all. She was worried that MLC would have a hard time adapting to this world and it would be better if she finds the orb to return to either Dong Yue or Xuan Ling. Another thing was that she thought he wouldn’t like the idea of having to work hard to earn money for a living. She tried to teach him all sorts of things to surprise him. However, he kept his cold face on 24/7 which made her angry because he caught on things too fast and nothing could surprise him at all.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  18. Darkness1989

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao that sound quite funny. So in the novel it’s Taner that as to deal with two herself. And not MLC although it’s was entertaining seeing MLC being jealous of himself.

Kaparin likes this.
  19. Roselyx

Roselyx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Tan Er and Mo Lian Cheng ever have a child together like in the drama?

20. Roselyx

Roselyx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait the ML ate her pet sheep? Which chapter was that? And why did he do that?