Discussion Hisshou Dungeon Unei Houhou and Antheor

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Tali, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitsuao

kitsuao Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello!!!
    I'm the one who """"translated""" the chapter 131 of hisshou,
    and i wanted to explain things a little.
    but before that, @antheortl I'm terribly sorry if it bothered you that i did that.
    now the main point:
    I read novel since one or two years ago, but at a relatively high pace and in high quantity,
    because of that i recently started to run out of novel to read, and sometimes,
    the translation would suddendly drop without prior notice, and since i can't read japanese,
    i wouldn't be able to do anything about that. 4 days ago i found hisshou and started reading,
    and ended it in 3 days, i then gone to see on novelupadtes when would the next chapter
    be released and so i saw that it wasn't updated in four months, and no life sign on the website since then.
    being a little fed up with it on the moment, and i wanted to try translating novel on my own, i decided to try doing
    this one which was from my POV already dropped. and by doing that i also started to learn bit by bit certain japanese character
    as well as its grammar. plus the comment were heartwarming.
    that the story, but resumed it would be :
    i like novel
    started to run out of
    wanted to try translate and learn japanese since long
    stumble upon this novel with 560 chapter non translated
    and so i started
    coincenditally or not, the chapter was released the same day. so normally i would withdraw
    but i really took a liking to translating/editing, and also to this novel.
    so here my main question:
    @antheortl since you say you would be busy during september and that you will not be able to do any during this period of time,
    would it be okay for me to translate and post on my site during this period of time, meaning that in the mean time i will search for a novel genuinly dropped or not translated and start translating once you can take hisshou again ?
    since you say it's like you baby it would be like giving it to a babysitter while you work :D
    thanks in advance for the answer, no matter if positive or negative .

so like @IlkatSumil said it was roughtly done in 2h on the one i didn't understood even after desconcructing the sentence character by character in goolge translate, so at time like this i put the raw next to the sentence because i don't have the necessarry knowledge to translate it by myself, and i didn't think about the existence of tools like jisho.org and even if i had, my low knowledge in japenese don't allow me to know which series of character form a word, and i did it on a whim, without prior training or such, but i have taken a liking to it and want to continue translating novels, and improve myself. And as @runsing i'm a non natively-english speaker, so i can make mistake on the grammar, or things like that.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2018
  2. antheortl

antheortl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi there @Kistuao,

It's always nice to see fresh blood entering the translating community. I can see how much you enjoyed reading HDUH and that really makes my team and myself happy.
    As for your translating efforts:

First off, I'll say it again, welcome to the community; don't let the nay-sayers be downers.

Second, starting out can be difficult. I recommend having at least these 3 things:
    - A lot of patience, view-counts and just generally people talking (positively) about what you translate are things that accumulate very slowly.
    - An Editor. It's difficult to find your own mistakes, especially as a non-native speaker. Maybe consider starting out as an editor for some group which lacks editors to gain experience in what editing is, as well as to shadow experienced translators?
    - A decently structured website. If you have a friend who's experienced in this stuff then asking's a good option. Else poke around in the community for some ideas and pointers on what makes a good site.

If you are missing any of these 3, then the nay-sayers are going to be hard on you and infect/drown out the otherwise "good" readers.
    As I had previously pointed out, HDUH is my baby; and just like a baby, I won't just "give it to a (random) babysitter". Please understand that I'm not turning you down because of some logical non-sense, like what I had mentioned above, it is simply because I care about the work that my team and I have been working on.
    Also, for fairnesses sakes, please take down your translation. As Geraffe also ended up taking his down (his own idea). No hard feelings.

Sincerely, AntheorTL

3. aosora

aosora Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    to think hisshou dungeon get game adaptation on DMM!

4. cartman-un

cartman-un Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the demon king part of Mc's Harem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.