LCD History's number 1 Founder

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by LoneWanderer23, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think Lin Feng or his disciples will keep staying in their world after reaching a specific level....Also
    It seems Lin Feng will depart into the multiverse later soooo...(for his disciples I dunno)

2. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    immortal soul can live as long as heaven and earth exist, so their basically immortal, but if one goes to the third level of immortal soul, one will then be forced to face a tribunal where they either survive or die.
    the only way for them to die, is for someone to kill them, or if they fall out of "harmony" the cycle of heaven and earth. bascially if their stuck somewhere where theres no "mana" or spiritual energy or what not.

3. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably, yes. He did tell them that he'd be waiting for the in the great beyond.

4. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Obviously someone needs to stay to protect the sect so all of the immortal cultivators can't leave. It probably doesn't matter if it's his disciples or their replacements. I simply don't think Immortal cultivators would care about the small tensions among low level cultivators in the sect.

5. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh right true enough (Ah I forgot we're in HN1F for a sec. In most other novels even if one is super old and super powerful he's still "petty" but here they begin to care for the sect as a whole..)

6. injamambivu

injamambivu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it'll probably be the current nascent soul guardians and the demon beasts that he has. they'll probably be immortal soul by the time his students ascend as well. so they'll probably end up as the guards

7. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    It would make more sense for his students' disciples to do it. The Nascent soul guardians and demon beasts aren't really disciples of the sect.

Nepuko likes this.
  8. maxx26

maxx26 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it’s be the next generation after his students that will stay and they to will probably leave when the generation after them is ready to take over.
    On an unrelated note one of the things I will forever respect about this novel is that Immortality isn’t, nearly impossible to acquire, like it is in other novels. Like for example MW you have people that can create and destroy worlds but for so reason living forever, which some animals are said to be able to do in our nonemagical world, is all but unattainable that’s where I call bullshit.

9. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    In MW you don't really die from old age. You die because your fires of life run out. Or the heavenly laws putting a hard cap on how long they can live. Can't really compare it with animals in our world.

10. maxx26

maxx26 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can’t live forever in MW unless you become a Beyond True God but that’s not the point I’m trying to make. What I’m saying is that people capable of doing even a fraction of what high level Cultivators can do should be able to become immortal easily but for some reason immortal which should be among the easiest things to achieve compared to all the other craziness these people do is made so unnecessarily difficult.

11. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The point I'm making is that being immortal isn't simply a matter of keeping your body from aging in MW. If that was all that was the case then I think Divine Sea experts would be immortal in MW. It would be easy like you said. They're dying because their lifespans don't depend on their bodies and because the laws of the universe get in the way. So because they changed what being immortal is it's comparing apples to oranges. Hulk or Wolverine could be immortal just based on their healing factors but if they went to MW universe they'd lose it because it would depend on other factors.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  12. maxx26

maxx26 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You’re still not getting the point, I’m not talking about MW I’m talking about cultivation novels in general. My point once more is that immortality should not be as absurdly difficult as it is for people capable of creating worlds or living beings or any of the other things that high level cultivators can. MW was only an example a point which I stated in my first comment why are you so hung up on that? Ok switch MW with ISSTH or TTNH or WOC or any other Xianxia or Xuanhuan novel.

13. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Why shouldn't it be difficult? I would argue that them being able to do such things is the reason the universe makes it so hard for them to live forever. Not to mention that the point of cultivating is often to become immortal in the first place. It's suppose to be something of an end goal for the genre.

14. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    In CD there's billions of "immortals" lol , you just need to reach the "saint" rank and that's it lol. You can even borrow a crystal/tear and become immortal (fake but still lives forever if not killed) haha

maxx26 likes this.
  15. maxx26

maxx26 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no problem with it being difficult I just feel that it tends to be made unnecessarily so and that the power structure is flawed because Immortality is simply being able to live forever and that pales in comparison to many of the things that powerful cultivators can do. Also it’s redundant because many characters in these novels can live for billions of years so why not just make them immortal I mean this novel does it and loses nothing for it. I get your point though. Novels like CD are the exception though and I wish there were more like it in this aspect.

16. Riff

Riff Squirt Like a Turtle!

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe a new "MC" on ch 368
    so, we got a new character of a younger generation named Chu Yang introduced, will he be a reincarnator based on TTNH? im not really looking for immediate answer just interested with the future chapters lol, it would be fun if that was the case and he joins opposite faction, well joining Lin Feng's sect would be fine too tho

17. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    A wild Second Chance MC appeared!! Go go Lin Feng!! :D.....jokes aside, I really wonder if he'll recruit him. I really miss the old Lin Feng who'll do everything to get Super MCs to be his disciples ( okay his life was on the line) but here I just got the feeling that he won't never take another immediate disciple again.....it seemed he was interested but when he saw he had a master he let go...NO! SNATCH HIM!! Lin Feng as a transmigrator you know the SUPER CHEAT PLOT ARMOR 2nd chance MCs have : knowledge of the future!!
    That reminds me, he has the knowledge of the future of the original timeline where Lin Feng didn't transmigrate ( supposedly because of his sytem) huh..that would be interesting.

18. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    In HSSB I was really looking forward to the collaboration between Lin Zhou(2nd chance MC) and Zhaoge but it was never fulfilled...(I guess that the factor that they were form ennemy sects didn't help but in HN1F that's not the case :) )..I hope it would be in HN1F..especially so considering the fact that Chu Yang guy is suspecting that Lin Feng knows of his secret. And I think he'll definitely try to investigate/get close to Lin Feng cuz he's an unknown 'variable' that originally didn't exist...

19. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, I could spoil you guys on it, but it should become obvious what will happen with him very soon.

20. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I guessing that he saves or takes in his future wife.