Spoiler History's Strongest Senior Brother

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Mikleo, May 5, 2017.

1. Demintika

Demintika Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    But as far as HSSB was written, there isn't any connection at all.
    Furthermore, the two novels and their systems are too different that connecting the two novels would just be pointless.

2. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, who knows. Perhaps the Flame Devil Emperor and Thunder Emperor are references to Xiao Yan and Xiao Budian?

And giving Yan Zhaoge a slow start as he acclimates himself and adjusts his knowledge to the current climate and cultivation system of the post-Great Calamity world isn't necessarily the only reason why the cultivation system is different. Perhaps the author simply did not want to retread the same process of ascending through the realms while still being able to include some references to these past disciples of Lin Feng's? Give us something a bit different.

It's just so convenient, you know. There's no strong reason against why the 2 settings aren't one and the same, when the different cultivation systems and the uniting of the various dimensions are actual plot points that were brought up in both HN1F and HSSB. Who knows, perhaps the Flame Devil/Heavenly Fire Emperor and the Thunder Emperor are meant to be references to Xiao Yan and Xiao Budian.

Besides that, Yan Zhaoge's "formless chaos" shtick is strangely reminiscent of Lin Feng's end state with him pretty much becoming Schrodinger's cat and, with his Peerless Heavenly Scripture having the theme of accepting and integrating everything, well, that's pretty much what Lin Feng did the entire time throughout HN1F's story. Lastly, according to one of the spoilers I've seen someone share, the Buddhists apparently had something to do with the Great Calamity?

I'm not saying these are direct nods to the same characters from HN1F, but that without any strong evidence to the contrary, these 2 stories may as well be set in the same setting with HSSB simply what naturally took place long after the events of HN1F.

3. Demintika

Demintika Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    @Koslov I'm not denying the reference. I'm just saying that it's pointless to connect two completely different just because you write both of them. Maybe one day the author will actually do it; but for now, I don't see any attempt in connecting them. We're discussing Schrödinger's Gun here.

There are hints to that as far as I read.

4. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think Schrodinger's Gun really has to apply here. Nothing HSSB can do can really contradict HN1F and a lot of time has presumably passed by (perhaps even more compared to the time between when Lin Feng finished up that final battle and when he finally left that dimension for parts unknown). There are possible remnants of the characters from the previous work, but that's about it. They're pretty muc just tools to get stronger with.

This isn't even a matter of Chekhov's Gun needing to be subverted, as there's enough "proof" to establish a connection without there being any need to actually do anything about that connection. That is, there's no need to bring up previous characters or plot points from HN1F over. There doesn't need to be a "point"; it just simply is. Like an author creating a collection of short stories that all happen in the same city, yet none of them have any plot connection at all. It's just a thing to show that "stories" still continue to happen outside of the main characters of each individual plot.

And at the end of the day, I was only ever addressing your point about it not being possible for the two stories to be in the same setting when you said that there was "Probably no connection at all" for the reasons that you stated of the systems being different and the multi-realms of HN1F's ending, the former of which you were treating as if it was decisive proof that there couldn't be any connection.

Oh, mind sharing?

5. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    fang zhun is not traitor but it's true that he almost enticed by demon will, but he already told his master and shi tie yan di. but there no one know who the first fonder demon abyss fang zhun or xin something.

6. Demintika

Demintika Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, so we're talking about him. Silly me.
    • He saw a giant Buddhist palm attacking the Divine Palace in a vision.
    • Buddhist, Daoist and another Daoist-like faction divides the countless realms and would kill each other on sight. When MC learn of that fact, he wondered if the Buddhist was at fault for the great calamity.

7. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man. These guys sound like they'll be huge jerks. Nice to know that we'll continue to have antagonists beyond the Sacred Sun Clan and the Evil/Flame Devils. Nice to have a variety of enemy factions.

Fang Zhun and Xin Dongping, who was Zhengfeng's rival for position of Clan Chief. What do you mean by "who the first fonder demon abyss fang zhun or xin somehintg"? First fonder? Found? What were you trying to say here?

8. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    at first fang zhun want to make sun sain't sect to suffer some loss with opening nine Underworld but the he realize he start get influenced by demon will fortunately he has strong will and then tell about it to his master, but xin dongping get influenced so he created absolute abyss.
    "He and Xin Dong Ping, actually who is the Absolute Abyss founder, is very sometimes difficult to talk clearly." chapter 318

9. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I was already suspecting Xin for the same reasons anyone could Fang Zhun (on the premise that Fang Zhun was probably just a smokescreen for this stronger, superior "overshadowed" genius of Broad Creed Mountain). It's a real surprise that Xin is actually the Decimating Abyss' founder, though. Like, wow.

10. Urami

Urami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When Yan di goes Upper Realm or breaks for Saint's cultivation? And YZG? What happen in Upper Realm?

11. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me if fang zhun is really a good man or a traitor in the end. I'm still at chapter 264. And i need spoiler about him. Is he still relevant in the story in the future? Or the author not mention him again because he will die or his power stagnant?

12. Pachia

Pachia Go At My Own Pace~

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a spoiler thread for HN1F? If so, who is Lin Feng sword wife? It was just mentioned in the newly translated chapter, something about a gigantic sword being carried around by a girl.

13. Poor_Hero

Poor_Hero your hope is crushed under the flag of "REALITY"

Reading List:
    Link
    he's still in coma from the previous battle in the latest translated chapter and he's nice dude, just has different way of thinking, not really a traitor to the sect.

Clyne likes this.
  14. lottie

lottie I am who I am

Reading List:
    Link
    I also want to know about the following:

1. When will Feng Shunsheng and Yan Zhaoge get married? What chapter?
    2. When/why/how will Yan Di get to leave their world and go to the higher realm?
    3. Will Yan Zhaoge and Yan Di meet in the higher realm?
    4. When/how will Yan Zhaoge meet her mother?
    5. How will Yan Zhaoge deal with the Radiant Light Sect?
    6. What's the current status of the latest raw of the Eight Extremities World?
    7. What's the secret about Sikong Qing identity/body?
    8. Will there be another would-be-MC appear after Ye Jing, Zhang Hao, Lin Zhuo? Who? What's his deal?
    9. Will Shi Tie's daughter-in-law wake up? How? When?
    10. What the other 'worlds'?
    11. I seem to read that there's an Immortal Realm cultivation level. Will Yan Zhaoge's whole family become immortal?

Thanks to anyone who will answer.

PS. I just finished binge reading this story from chapter 1. I noticed that every time I read I sometimes feel sleepy, same with my sister, even though I like how the story flowed. Is it the same with everyone or is it just us?

Also, can someone break down the cultivation level's starting from martial artist? Especially the Martial Grandmaster, I'm confused.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2017
  15. Roxxman

Roxxman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Been a while since i read it but i'll try and answer :)
    1. I'm at chapter #1173 and no marriage yet.
    2. Not worth spoiling really, minor matter.
    3. Yes.
    4. He will, can't remember how it happened.
    5. There's more to the Radiant Light Sect than you expect.
    6. -blank-
    7. as of 1173 Sikong Qing's mystery is still unsolved.
    8. Not really, it merely leads readers into the novel if you ask me. Bigger plot and bigger bosses is behind those minor wanna-be mcs.
    9. Can't remember.
    10. Honestly about the worlds and all that connects to the Great Cataclysm and is still a mystery at #1173, but i think we're getting to that in the current raws. But honestly, just think of it as the usual lots of minor worlds -> more major worlds -> one world -> a maybe higher realm? idk type of thing. (Could also have been there before Great Cataclysm with lots of worlds and the same system, anyhow explored later in the novel. We dont know yet.)
    11. Immortal cultivation is just the next step after martial and saint.

Yeap i can understand getting a bit sleepy from this, it tends to be a bit cluttered and there can be lots of cultivation/dao stuff (buddha, taoism and such). Just wait till you get to 1100ish, that's the reason i took a break from it.. So much stuff happening and so much stuff being introduced that you need to keep track off.

Kittsune likes this.
  16. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I'll take a crack at answering some of these questions (though I'm not caught up to the latest, so some might be hard to answer/wrong):

1. Not sure, they haven't gotten married as of where I'm at ~1200 chapters in.

2. I don't exactly remember when, but it happens some time after MC goes up to the higher realm to scout things out and cause chaos, and before he becomes a Martial Saint 4 himself. At some point several strong members of the Radiant Light Sect head down to attack the sect, but they get repelled by Yan Di. They barely manage to escape into the higher realm and no longer need to suffer from the lower realm's suppression. They then taunt Yan Di for a bit saying that if he comes up they'd easily beat him. Yan Di yolos, attacks and destroys all of them, whilst still being in the lower realm, before casually breaking through to Martial Saint 4 and ascending himself.

Up until that point he had to stay on the lower realm to defend the sect, however after a while, Yan Zhaoge managed to find Yuan Zhengfeng and brought him back to the sect to defend it, thus freeing Yan Di and allowing him to ascend to the higher realm.

3. Yan Zhaoge immediately meets Yan Di when he ascends. What happens is that YZ is elsewhere, fighting off an ambush that was aimed at him, the sect and somewhere else (I think the entrance to another lower realm, or their allies or something). YZ overpowers his ambushers, and chases one of them who escapes back to the entrance to the sect. He kills the final person as well as the reinforcements that arrive from the third location. Then he witnesses Yan Di kill the dudes who descended to take care of their sect, and talks to him when he ascends.

4. He finds out more details about his mother and why she was wanted. He finds some clues about her whereabouts and heads to her location (she's in one of the lower realms disguised as an elder or disciple for one of its sects) using something that will help him find her. It turns out to be a scheme by her enemies however, since they know of the relationship between YZ and his mother, so they bait out the information in order to have YZ find her and save them the trouble. They also enlist the help of several major powers who have a grudge against her/him, and try to delay YZ and YD from finding her whilst they try and kill her. It fails when YZ turns out to be stronger than they had expected (he had recently broke through, though I can't remember what level, I'd say Martial Saint 7?), and has access to a powerful artifact (he borrows a High Grade Sacred Artifact from a friend), and proceeds to curb stomp the people meant to stop him along with his father. They manage to catch up with her and they have an awkward family reunion, since YZ has never seen her personally since crossing over and his mother left him when he was still a baby.

5. I don't remember all the details since it happens over a pretty long arc/saga. Basically he tries to sabotage their plans from getting powerful artifacts, inheritances, legacies, etc. He also discovers info about the local hegemon trying to unify the continent, so there's a little temporary ceasefire between the Radiant Light Sect and the Dark Nether Sect to deal with the larger threat (and of course, YZ tries to take advantage of the ceasefire to breakthrough, and continue to make the Radiant Light Sect weaker via the local hegemon whose name I can't remember).

At some point, he's able to put a stop to the hegemon's plans to unify the continent, and is strong enough to wipe out the remaining experts of the Radiant Light Sect (whose experts who previously killed either by the hegemon or YZ's sect).

6. As of the ~1200s (though this is basically the same thing that happens since the current translated chapters), the Broad Creed Mountain is basically the #1 sect in the Eight Extremities World, and are leagues above the other sects. They send some of their better disciples to the other world where time flows quickly, and sends their best disciples to the upper realm (where they have established their own sect following the destruction of the Radiant Light Sect and YZ's great strength).

7. Sikong Qing's plot is involved with YZ's mother and why she was being targeted. Basically there was super important artefact/item that the Buddhist Realm/Fusion Realm wanted (I can’t remember which one wanted it, I think it was the Fusion Realm à Fusion Realm is the third major power whose cultivation is, in my opinion, a fusion between the Daoist and Buddhist cultivation path). The great martial teacher of YZ’s mother supposedly had it, which resulted in a war between the Fusion Realm and the Daoist Realm. The Fusion Realm wanted the item in order to have their top expert advance, whilst the Daoist Realm wanted the item in order to have a strong bargaining chip over the Fusion Realm (and to prevent their expert from advancing), thus both sides (in addition to fighting each other) were looking for the item and targeted YZ’s mother and her great martial teacher. YZ’s mother had the item and split it up by fusing/sealing them amongst several babies based on certain criteria (so she herself doesn’t know how many are out there or who they are). If they’re gathered in one place and something happens, they’ll likely be able to recombine and awaken the item. That’s basically what I know based on what I’ve read.

8. Not that I’m aware of. I think all of them were the ones that appeared in the Eight Extremities World.

9. No, she has yet to awaken. It turns out that she and her son have a seal restriction that was placed upon them by a powerful Flame Devil, with her seal being stronger than the one placed on her son, so while the son was able to be awoken, she could not. However she is physically fine, and is otherwise unharmed. YZ was trying to find someone to remove the seal, but based on the people whom he’s met, he has yet to find a person strong enough to remove the seal.

10. There are several worlds, classified as what I’m going to call ‘upper realms’ and ‘lower realms’. Upper realms have denser energy, so it’s typically easier to cultivate. Lower realms have less dense energy, so it’s typically harder to cultivate, and has a natural suppression in place to prevent powerful beings from destroying it.

11. Where I’ve read, YZ has yet to become an Immortal, though both he and YD are pretty close. I can’t remember if it was stated what cultivation YZ’s mother has, but from what I can recall, it was and still is lower than YD and YZ’s current realms. But yeah, I would assume that eventually all of them will reach that point.

17. lottie

lottie I am who I am

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

18. cvenchy

cvenchy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

The other ones were a bit wrong.

1. The author didn't write about the wedding but they've been together for 100+ years and call themselves husband and wife so it must've happend off-screen, if they had a wedding.

2. The Xuan Dynasty found out that Yan Zhaoge is from the 8EW so they sent people to destroy his sect but they were beaten by Yan Di and Yuan Zhengfeng(who returned to his sect). They run back to the World beyond Worlds but Yan Di goes from 2nd level Martial Saint to 4th level Martial Saint and ascends to the higher realm and he kills them. This happens around chapter 760.

3. Right after Yan Di ascends.

4. After coming to the higher realm, Yan Zhaoge keeps finding stuff about his mother and he realizes that he and his father can't protect her if they find her so they calmed down a bit. 200 chapters later, some big powers from the World beyond the World are working together to kill his mother in secret but Zhaoge found out their real plan. He was a 9th level Martial Saint at that time while his father was a Supreme(10th level Martial Saint.) Zhaoge gets the Sword Sovereign's immortal armament and kills the Earth Supreme and defeats an Immortal Realm powerhouse while his father kills another Supreme and saves his wife.

5. He tries to strengthen the Radiant Light Sect's enemy but this isn't helping that much. After Zhaoge found out his Grand Master's whereabouts, he was followed by the queen of the Xuan Dynasty and her children and a few other powerhouses. Long short story, the queen dies because of Zhaoge but he is protected by a Supreme so the Xuan Dynasty vents its anger on the other sects, including the Radiant Light Sect. Only the Sect Master is left alive and he is killed by the MC later.

6. Broad Creed Mountain is the ruler of the 8EW.

7. One of Nuwa's 3 stones broke and the most powerful people in the world are after the fragments of that stone. One of the fragments was obtained by Yin Tianxia and this guy was really aggressive, unlike the other powers from the Taoism world, who were stupid and cowards and wanted to give the stone to the enemy. His is a friend of Xue Chuqing's Great Grand Master and he gives ger the fragment knowing that he will die. That Great Grand Master does the same thing with her disciple and finally the fragment reaches Zhaoge's mother. This is why she was being chased. She brakes the fragment and the parts of it become super op people(Sikong and the other guys).

8. No, not really. There was just 1 guy in the higher realm that looked like one but it wasn't like the ones in the 8EW.

9. The demons from the Nine Nether marked them so that super op demons could reincarnate in their bodies. The mark on the daughter in law was stronger and after a lot of stuff she was finally healed. I remember Zhaoge saying that she can awaken anytime.

10. Yes, they are in the Immortal Realm in the latest chapters.

CodeZero, Clyne, Kittsune and 2 others like this.
  19. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh snap, looks like I wasn't too far off. Nice :D

20. cvenchy

cvenchy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot about one question lol.

The other worlds(Vast Ocean World, 8EW and the others) and even the World beyond Worlds are actually parts of the former Taoism World that was destroyed during the Great Cataclysm. Nowadays the WbW is the 'higher realm' while the other are the lower realm. If you reach 4th level Martial Saint you could ascend to the higher realm because only at that level you are strong enough to resist the spatial power. Or you can use a treasure like Zhaoge did. In the Universe the are other worlds like the former Taoism World: the External Way World, the Buddhism World, the Monster Race and the Nine Nethers.