Oneshot Hollween one shot story.

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Donutmindme, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally I posted this one in the correct place! I wanna post them in one place but oh well~
    So this story is one I’m co-writing with a friend from the wattpad community. I never tried co-writing before so this might be new.
    October, the month of Halloween and all things spooky. That and all the candy you can get from trick-o-treating. Because of this, it’s my favorite time of the year. Although I don’t believe in any superstitions, ghosts, and other stuff. My friends certainly think otherwise. They always love these kind of things. I don’t know if some of them just get thrilled, or excited off it. That, or they are curious. I think they are certainly curious.

Because here I stand, in front of the old, abandoned, broken down house. It was so old that it had vines growing everywhere. They, well some of them wanted to come to see if there’s actually ghosts. Others, come for the thrill of it, and me, I just got dragged along. Who knows this might actually be an interesting night.

The cool breeze caresses my skin as I look up at the night sky. The full moon was illuminating our surroundings. Which was a blessing, because I don’t think I would have gathered enough courage to enter the creepy looking house if it had been dark. Taking in a deep breath I follow behind Samantha, my best friend, as she begins to walk towards the house.

“You really think this is a good idea?” I asked, feeling a bit nervous yet excited at the same time.

“C’mon dude don’t be scaredy-cat. It’s Halloween, your favorite holiday liven up,” replied Mayvous, the supernatural enthusiast of our group.

“That’s right, it’s Halloween! ‘Sides what could there be in an old house that no one uses anymore? Like old antique stuff. Just think about how much we could earn if we sell them? Well, that’s if we find anything anyways.” Samantha’s enthusiasm spreads to the others when money is mentioned.

Samantha always had an eye for money. I don’t know how, but she just knows how much something is worth. It’s like she has magic eyes or something.

I look over to the back. Looking at Dan and Emily, the two pranksters, who are also thrill seekers walking in the back of the group.

“Yeah can’t chicken out on us now,” Dan smirks and Emily nods along.

“Especially since we came out all this way. It’s was my car that got us here.”

Thinking about that, indeed it was Emily who drove us out here. I couldn’t refute her words so I had to reply, “okay you win. Now how about we get this over and done with?”

“I agree with Autumn. He’s right, and I do wanna get this done and over with.” Koita, the only person who hasn’t spoke ‘till now, agreed with me. Looks like he’s eager to finish this.

As we walk along the dirt road that led to the house, Samantha comes to a sudden stop. She mutters something under her breath and we all look ahead and realize why.

“Crap there is a fence surrounding this house,” she sighs.

Dan walks past us and grips the fence, shaking it a bit, “looks like we are going to have to jump it.” A wicked grin appears on his face, “hope you guys know how to,” without hesitating he holds the fence firm and begins to climb up. Emily fo—llows behind him.

Both of them hop down the other side and land with a light thud. They high five each other and look at us.

“C’mon guys unleash that inner spiderman,” Emily teases.

Mayvous provoked by Emily’s teasing encourages the others, “c’mon guys it can’t be that hard.” He grins and copies Dan and Emily’s movements. All in attempt to prove that he’s just good as them. He’s movements were just as swift, and his landing was just as graceful as Dan and Emily’s.

“Well you guys might be able to climb I got a tool in my car that can cut the fence.” Samantha goes back to her car and grabs the tool. She then trium—phantly came back to us holding said tool.

“Well Sam you’re just no fun,” Emily’s totally bummed out that she can’t get to see everyone’s skill.

Dan adds on, “not adventurous enough,” he looks over at the tool in Samantha’s hand as she walk over to the fence. She cuts it and once it’s done she contemplates on whether she wants to bring it or not.

“Well I’m thankful that Sam can cut the fence, because I’m not as fit as the rest of you are,” Koita sighs, “besides the fact the I’m the shortest here. I never had my body carry anything heavy, or do anything that involves me doing any heavy physical st—.”

I interrupt Koita before begins he’s rant, “okay we get it. We know how weak you are.” I look at him before moving on. I go through the fence and meet with Dan, Emily, Mayvous. Koita stands there obviously disgruntled, “well don’t just stand there. Are you coming or not?”

He nods before coming over, “Hey Sam are bringing that?”

“Yeah,” she nods, “I don't see why not. You never know. We might need this.” Koita hums at her answer as she crossed the fence to meet us on the other side.

We all make our way towards the front porch. Dan and Emily lead the group up the small staircase, each of our steps making a creaking sound. The creaking sounds across the quiet courtyard making the silent night feel eerie.

“Well that’s not creepy at all,” Koita said, as we all scatter to inspect the outside of the house. I noticed that the wooden veranda continues along the perimeter of the house. It lead to the backyard, and a patio that has stairs to the upper floors. I then walk back to the front going back the same way I came here.

“This place is a mess,” I say, “look at all these thick vines. Although, the white flowers on it are beautiful.” The flowers did look beautiful, especially in the blue moonlight.

“Looks like the door is locked,” Mayvous observes as he tugs at the doorknob.

“And the windows are covered in the vines,” Koita informed us.

I look around at our small group and realize Dan and Emily are gone.

“Emily?Dan?” I asked, feeling worried.

The door of the front door suddenly starts to shake. Mayvous backs away immediately.

“Boo!” Screams Emily.

Mayvous shivers, Koita runs and hides behinds me.

Dan and Emily start laughing at us, “we got ya!” Their faces so smug, they look at us like they want us to ask them something.

“Well I’m not spoked by you guys,” Samantha rolls her eyes, “buy the way how did you guys get in?”

“Finally someone asked,” Dan complains.

“There was another door. It leds to the kitchen.”

“Yeah we walked to the left of the porch, then saw a door. We figured why not go in? The inside was dark so we had to use Emily’s phone’s flashlight.”

“That’s right what Dan said. Plus, we ain’t daredevils for nothing.”

I tell everyone what I had found, “well that explains it, I only went on the right side of the house to back. There was no door on the right side, but there’s a huge patio in the back that has starecaes.”

“Come to think of it...this house has three stories, right?” Koita asks with a sour face.

“That’s right! The more spaces, the more for us to explore!” Said Dan and Emily with excitement on their faces.

“That also means the more stuff that can be sold.” Samantha drools at the thought of money.
    Well I have all lot I free time to kill. So if anyone wants to write with DM me!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  2. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    Donuttttt! Do my exams for me if you have free time

Donutmindme and Silver Snake like this.
  3. Ryan_Oliver

Ryan_Oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems interesting, did you plan to follow with a horror or fantasy story ?

Donutmindme likes this.
  4. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    Do your own exams. :blobowoevil:

5. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess so. That’s where we were going.