Discussion Honest Ranking of Webnovel Novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Genji-san, Jun 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. All The Wrong Novels

All The Wrong Novels Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well a common way I've seen it done, is you could make a thread stating the rules/requirements and ask people to submit a favorite list, which they could just post in the thread, or you could have them message you privately if you think people would vote differently with it being anonymous.

I dunno what exact numbers would be best, but for instance you could have people submit a ranked top 20, where #1 gets 20 points, #2 gets 19 points, all the way down to #20 gets 1 point, so people's #1 gets 20 times as many points as their #20 so it is weighted towards people's personal favorites. Numbers can be shifted a bit depending on how big the list should be, and sometimes its nice to have a requirement of a novel needs at least 2 votes to qualify, just to eliminate troll votes. Then you may want to disqualify anyone who hasn't read say 2x or 3x as many novels as required on the list just to filter out people listing the only 20 novels they read or whatever.

Tabulating this way would take a while, but that's the kind of thing I've seen other places do.

Muspon likes this.
  2. Genji-san

Genji-san Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have to put some more thought into it on my end, but I really like your idea. Thanks for the feedback!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.