Question How do I cancel auto-purchase for an ongoing novel (jjwxc)?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rere_86, Nov 8, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rere_86

rere_86 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually only buy novels after I finish reading them to support the author, but a few weeks back, jjwxc recommended an ongoing story with a pretty interesting premise, so I kept reading through all of the available VIP chapters. However, the plot was starting to drag on, and the story was going in a direction I wasn't too comfortable with, so I planned to stop reading there.

Today, I opened the jjwxc app and realized that my point balance went down. Then I realized that the all of the newest chapters of that novel had been automatically downloaded to my phone. I think I might have checked the "auto-purchase new chapters" by mistake, since this is the first time I bought chapters from an ongoing novel on jjwxc, and my Chinese reading skills are very, very lacking.

I've clicked through every tab that I can barely read on the app and the website, but I can't find any options to view or cancel auto-purchases...

Eques likes this.
  2. Eques

Eques Translation machine (not)

Reading List:
    Link
    webpage: click “读书” at the top right corner > “VIP服务” in the drop down menu > search for the title and look for “取消续订” (words beside this should be a red “续订中”) > “您要取消续订这本书吗?” click ok

[​IMG]

app: click your profile (human icon on top right) > “账务” > “VIP服务” > search for the title and click the last column (which should be a green “是”) > click the second option “取消自动订阅” > they will tell you “取消订阅成功”

[​IMG]

(Solution taken from this site: https://shokotranslates.wordpress.com/jjwxc/)

Solus, asriu, Fuyuneko and 3 others like this.
  3. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe they have settings?
    I never used jjwc without google translate...
    maybe try tling the options page or something

edit: oo someone already helped.

4. rere_86

rere_86 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the detailed explanation! You're an amazing person!!
    Also, thank you for translating Death Progress Bar, it's one of my absolute favourites!!!

Eques likes this.
  5. Eques

Eques Translation machine (not)

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww, thank you :blobcatblush:
    It's actually Shoko's solution.

rere_86 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.