How do I delete this app from my iPhone?

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Wrath444, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Wrath444

Wrath444 Life is such a glorious trauma, is it not?

Reading List:
    Link
    E6FFBEDF-7F43-47D5-B721-E9FB7C26D37B.jpeg
    I’ve tried deleting it the normal way but it keeps coming back like this and the App Store says it’s downloaded on my phone but the app won’t work when I click it

2. Owl Escapee

Owl Escapee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing you already have, but have you turned your phone off and on again...?

3. Wrath444

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes

Owl Escapee likes this.
  4. CadmarLegend

CadmarLegend one and a two and a bing bang boo!

Reading List:
    Link
    wait for a while. I believe I had that same problem on my old phone which was an iPhone.

I just let it stay there and waited. after 2 years, it showed me a "Loading" app face, and it downloaded itself again. Then, I deleted the app and bought a new phone.

Thanks for coming to my little story about why I am more of an android fan.

5. Wrath444

Reading List:
    Link
    If you wait for the app to update and download the update you get the app again and can delete it but I don’t know when it’ll update

6. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Get use to it, discord is notorious to uninstall and update even in PC version.
    It will never uninstall cleanly, they always leave behind registry in windows. It's harder to uninstall discord cleanly than removing malwares, it's as tedious as removing a root kit manually. It's recommended to search discord in registry and manually deleting it one by one, and search your whole C:\\ for retaining files.

Discord is even harder to install or update, as it will keep failing to update and keep looping, it's just bad design and bad codes. Discord should terminate and stop the install when a exception flag is called, than to loop and try again. It totally sound like "ASUS MemOK!"
    Though all serious Asus should really remove MemOK

As of why discord retains in your iPhone, the app have actuarially uninstalled just not completely. It's just that the discord failed to remove the Discord files in your iPhone apps. if you use Xcode to add an app with nothing inside, that's how it is. Discord is already removed, it have no files inside it just retains the empty app in you iPhone, and app store think that you already have the app installed.

Though, it's funny why discord wants your root access to your PC when it's actuarily possible to made the whole app potable, Why do discord need root when it don't even use root stuff like ASIO. Discord is purely malware (malware also means malfunction software other than malicious software).
    Kudos to discord for Fucking up the desktop apps and mobile apps, clearly the developers are just a bunch of monkeys.
    it's not wonders that why many discord users and groups are moving back to IRC.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021