Resolved How do I mark chapters as [read] if they're not available on this site?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Walter vi Britannia, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, so I've finished a bunch of novels like I Alone Level-Up, The Strongest System, and The King's Avatar but the chapters are not available through novelupdates so I can't update my progress here. But is there a way to cheat the system and make it so that I can adjust the numbers? Kinda like this:
    [​IMG]
    I had my progress saved from when the chapters WERE available for The King's Avatar, but they then took it down for licencing reasons I believe, but my progress remained (and it's kinda stuck there...from going forward).

Is there other ways to do this that doesn't involve the chapters to actually exist at one point in time and you to have marked it as read during that time?
    I believe I once saw in someone's reading list that person having chapter 270 (or something near that number) of I Alone Level-Up marked as read even though the limit is c129-136 on this site. And I remember that quite well cause that was the thing that made me go "WHat!? This novel is completely translated!?" and then I went and googled it and read the whole thing.
    But I'm pretty sure chapter 270 (or anything above chapter 136) of I Alone Level-Up was never accessible on this site...? Or am I wrong?
    If I'm right, how the hell did that person mark that chapter as read? Is there a way to harness this power?

Evesneon likes this.
  2. Crywolf641

Crywolf641 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You could change your settings manually.
    To allow you to write the chapter number instead of letting NU be the one to determine what chapter you are on.
    Yes, you remembered it correctly.
    As I also have my Solo Leveling set to 270(completed).
    Just go to your reading "list settings" and click Manual reading that will allow you to manually change the chapter you left on..
    :cookie: your welcome.
    Also that's a lot of tabs.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  3. CayLuhsYah

CayLuhsYah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After I did that every time I take it off manual settings the chapters disappear. Is there a way to make it permanent?

4. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    You make a separate list for manual updates.

5. CayLuhsYah

CayLuhsYah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, thank you!

6. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a note,
    After you make a separate list for manual list, you have to go to your reading list to edit your number.
    1. Click on the pencil
    2. Write down your chapter number
    3. Click on the black (if you use light theme) refresh button. Click on X button if you don't want to make any change.

The usual check mark won't work on series that's in manual reading list.

Evesneon and AliceShiki like this.