Question How do I see adwalled releases?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by q00u, Aug 11, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. q00u

q00u Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember previously seeing lock icons after the chapter numbers on adwalled releases.

Recently, QI adwalled a bunch of chapters that were previously free, and NU updated the release lists to remove those chapters.

So now I can't keep track of which chapter I'm on here.

The novel that I was reading that has become adwalled now has that lock icon after the chapter number on my reading list, so it seems like the adwalled releases are still on this site somewhere.

On the novel page, there's a filter button but it's only for groups.

I searched and found this announcement stating that Adwall Release Filtering is LIVE and showing how to change the settings on the Release Filtering page. Was this on be default? Is that why adwall locked chapters disappeared?

Well of course I checked the Release Filtering page, but no such option appears anymore. :(

There doesn't seem to be a setting for it on the Reading List Settings or Global Settings either. I don't know where else to check.

Am I just blind?

2. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, where have you been? Many of the adwalled Qidian stories have already been converted to premium pay-to-view. The ad walling that you're talking about doesn't apply anymore then.

That said, you will still see ad walls for the extremely unpopular stories. But overall, it's probably because it's a pain in the ass to get the wall to play nice with NU listing that not many people actually go this route.

And that goes both ways. I just checked "The Great Thief" which I know is an ad-walled story. It's still ad-walled, but those chapters don't show up here, so the system probably broke. But if the system itself isn't used often, then it's not going to be high on the priority list for repairs.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  3. EmEm

EmEm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They not only addwalled chapters
    Then blocked them for not logged users

4. q00u

q00u Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I'm not talking about premium. I'm talking about just adwall. I know the difference.

5. AggressivePacifist

AggressivePacifist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Novel Updates will not add your releases if:
    • Your release is locked. (Not accepted: password protected, requiring user to log in, appwalled or paywalled releases. Accepted: adwall releases). For password protection releases, an exception to this rule would be if the password is on the same page as the chapter link and easy to find."
    https://www.novelupdates.com/nu-policy/

The adwalled chapters now require you to log in (they didn't previously), so they don't meet NU's policy.

Blitz, runsing, Noor and 1 other person like this.
  6. q00u

q00u Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, it's not a setting that I'm trying to find, it's literally impossible to see QI adwalled chapters on NU anymore.

Thank you. It's not the answer I wanted to hear, but it definitely settles the question.

7. Houye

Houye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ads can only be skipped/viewed if you're logged in now. There's no more on/off to see adwalled ones in your reading list because it goes against NUF policy.

They're always 2 chapters ahead on all the ones that I read with only premium being way ahead of that.

8. q00u

q00u Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, AggressivePacifist said this yesterday. I got it.

Yes, as I previously said, I'm aware of the difference between premium and adwalled, and I was asking just about adwalled. Here's a list someone posted on reddit of some of the novels affected if you want to see what I'm talking about:
    1. Age of Cosmic Exploration
    2. Fishing the Myriad Heavens
    3. The Devil's Cage
    4. Legend of the Supreme Soldier
    5. Realms In The Firmament
    6. Throne of Magical Arcana
    7. Epoch of Twilight
    8. Gourmet Food Supplier
    9. The Sacred Ruins
    10. Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich
    11. Almighty Coach
    12. Pet King
    13. Tales of Herding Gods
    14. Living With a Temperamental Adonis: 99 Proclamations of Love
    15. Spare Me, Great Lord!
    16. The Legend of Chu Qiao: Division 11's Princess Agent
    17. Godfather Of Champions
    Hundreds of adwalled chapters that were previously free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.