Request How do I stop my creativity/curse?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has become apparent to me that my own creativity... or obsession to warrant my poor writing skills to write my accursed imagination into a story is gradually destroying my peace of mind. I have a hard time stopping the course of events flowing through my head, as my characters saga already reach somewhere like four or five series, but the books written are practically zero. Curse this knowledge and hopes of mine!

Anyone have ideas to stop or hinder my craving to write something, even though I'm so horrid in writing?

Just in case you might say, please no physical or social activities as my alternatives. I need to cope with this obsession of mine one way or another, but it should at least keep my state of mind the same - inversely cynical.

In a nutshell, I need a new unhealthy hobby other than incompetent writing for my oddly long spare time.

Edit: Anyone have real tips on how to remove this destructive urge of mine? Thanks to those that reply, but I need to stop, not improve but truly stop. Forget and forgive, is what I should be seeking, although I hate to forget and forgive the most in this life.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Bad Storm and mir like this.
  2. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't you just write until you become a better writer?

lygarx and scribbledoutname like this.
  3. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    No good, because it seems I'm only good at writing plots, characters, and technicalities in the story. How the story is executed or flow in progression, however, I am honestly very... very bad at it. It's like I can world build and characterize easily, but hardly be able to write it out as a story for others to read.

Jojo775 and mir like this.
  4. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    DnD DM? I mean sounds sort of like that where you have plots and characters and you can make little technicalities but the progression is up to other people XD.

Sadim, UnGrave and Moonpearl like this.
  5. scribbledoutname

scribbledoutname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobody is born good at writing. It's a stage everyone has to work their way through. Don't worry about it -- just write and improve when and where you can.
    It's a skill. The only way to learn how to do it is to read advice and practise :blob_grin:

Moonpearl likes this.
  6. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Couldn’t you record your stories. Than you or another writer could publish it.

7. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mallet to the head. Stops most things. Depressing thoughts, excessive creativity, consciousness, life signs etc

8. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I researched online D&D but it mainly relies on live-chat, hence, audio is needed and usually publicity as well, which I dislike to an abnormal degree. I like D&D, even though I'm not that knowledgeable about it or had any friends to play with for runs.
    Nah, I'm inconsistent with my desires. I have this contradictory feeling of wanting to spread my knowledge and keeping it only to myself. As I said before in my previous posts, I am like the serpent eating it's own tail.

mir and Cutter Masterson like this.
  9. Kracko

Kracko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Drawing your characters and scenes instead of writing? That will take more time than thinking about the plot and maybe meanwhile you are doing that the story crash into your head like a lighting bolt.

10. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Practice. Take up an online roleplaying game where you have to write things out, like NUF's Adventure Guild. Take on prompts over on Scribble Hub or just force yourself to write what you're bad at every day.
    Or read some books to help you - like "How NOT to Write a Novel".

Write something to the finish and then edit and rewrite it until you get it right.

My writing's all disjointed after years of playing online turn-based roleplaying games and not writing very much outside of that. I'm just going to have to write until I can fix it, though.

Jojo775 likes this.
  11. ru5ty

ru5ty Citizen of MILF Kingdom

Reading List:
    Link
    just fap until you hurt your arm

lygarx likes this.
  12. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Who told you that you have the creativity?

lygarx likes this.
  13. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Chances are, you aren’t as creative as you think you are. You want a new hobby to distract yourself from the realization of your failures, I suggest drugs and alcohol. The age old remedy to all of your failings. Truly creative people will create and build upon their creations. They evolve. Creativity is a spark. Enough of it will light the dampest of wood and turn into great fires with enough hard work.

14. DarkBlue

DarkBlue «Darker Than Blue» «Overlord of Sleep»

Reading List:
    Link
    Rp instead of writing stories??

15. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    But I don't want to be a better writer. I just want to be a writer who can entertain the readers and himself included.
    Everyone alive has creativity in them, because without it, there would be no origin or causality in any thought to action reality.

mir likes this.
  16. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    But for that, you need to be a better writer?

17. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Just as an aside, I've run several D&D sessions over discord entirely in text format. It does require communicating with other people, but only to the same extent as asking this question on the forum.

Moonpearl likes this.
  18. qwerty1

qwerty1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're not creative enough to solve your dilemma, chances are, you're not all that creative. If you want to write and you have too many ideas in your head, jot down the major points, you should be able to recall them at a later date.

19. Bored_Nick

Bored_Nick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just write and let the reader bear the burnt of your shitty writing.

Bad Storm likes this.
  20. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I gave up on that, but my mind forces me back into writing, even though I dislike it. I just... want to stop.
    I like to believe it is a bubble floating adrift on top of infinite waves. There is no ceiling or ground, only the bubble going high up to nowhere or popping back down to the waves.

It could also mean the flames exhausted itself to nothing.
    Yes, I do have too many ideas I try to fit in a multiverse. This was my ambitious project when I really first tried writing, instead of writing fan fiction. Sighs Perhaps everyone is right, that I truly possess no talent whatsoever, I should go back to consuming than providing.