Discussion How do you deal with being ordinary?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Has, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Has

Has divorcee and veteran nuffer

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you feel about being common? As much as i hate to say it but most of us, humans, are incredibly ordinary. Yes, as a mass we can make changes, be powerful and all, but as individuals what we can do realistically is really limited and most of us will just live ordinarily. I used to have all these dreams where I thought I could achieve grand things, but now that I'm 18 idk if I'm just terribly depressed or what, but rn I just feel like I'll be stuck being just one little ant in a huge working class, living a completely ordinary life. How do I cope with that, and the fact that actually, we're not all that special? Sorry for any grammar mistakes, it's a 4am thought and I'm without my glasses rn, sorry if it's depressing too lol

2. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    Be special to somebody, and the world doesn't matter. Wish more people understood that.

3. passerbyfujofromspace

passerbyfujofromspace “ice pop.”

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't really know how to deal with this since I'm more than happy enough to be a mob (I mean the less ordinary and extraordinary people out there usually have the largest share of world responsibilities which I am not in need of more). Tho if u really want to try becoming special then start by feeling special about yourself maybe? Nobody would know that you are special if u yourself isn't confident about it so you have to feel it, don't just show it to others but also feel it for yourself.... well yeah. I don't know what else to say about this haha (ㆁωㆁ)

Laraenna, Has and Grandpa_World like this.
  4. OsadaHiraga

OsadaHiraga Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine being special to somebody. :blobpensive::blobpensive::blobpensive: Maybe if I touch a bit more grass, I would eventually be special. Just Kidding lol. Imo just accept that you're a normal just like everyone else, it's not like you can do anything about it anyways, Give up just like me :):):). Jk, seriously just accept it, there's nothing wrong with being one anyways.

Has likes this.
  5. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    How often does mob character advise matter, though?:hmm:

Has and ChiliJam like this.
  6. Grandpa_World

Grandpa_World Manly Man-Mob Character C-Lovely Hubby of Alexcia

Reading List:
    Link
    If you yourself know who you are, you will be already more special than most.

Laraenna and Has like this.
  7. Obserwator

Obserwator [Gamer of Life] [Naturalist] [Universalist]

Reading List:
    Link
    I never was ordinary maybe because I'm not human...

Deleted member 445404 and Has like this.
  8. Grey_Angel

Grey_Angel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    up to a few years my life was not so ordinary. And even if I still don't feel ordinary, I'm happy with the way my life is right now
    You say you're 18 and I still think you're at the beginning and don't be so pessimistic

Do you still remember what your dreams were? or their desire for what they once wanted to have? (in your dreams)

:blobReach: albino fairy please don't think like this, you're missing yourself

Has likes this.
  9. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Realizing you are very ordinary is the first step to becoming the protagonist, though.:hmm:

Has and ChiliJam like this.
  10. deadlyexistence23

deadlyexistence23 ❝ And maybe, for a while that was true ❞

Reading List:
    Link
    ...this type of questions didn't cross in my mind until now, i honestly don't know, is it just me? But i feel special enough about myself, like life is just so big to be 'special', I'm actually unique enough because I'm me, because i exist, and breathing rn, i just took life as it is, BUT THAT'S WHEN WE'RE TALKING ABOUT LIFE IN GENERAL, if we're talking about my art, 10/10 i would have the same doubt as you.

Art, Art, Art.
    I love art, I'm passionately in love with it, but it's not enough, it's never enough, it's good in the eyes of the untrained, and i feel joy when complimented because who doesn't? ...but no, it's not enough, i want more, I'm nothing but a fish in the ocean, i thrive to go beyond, i want to.. i want to kill people with my art, i want to make other feel something when they take a glimpse of my art, i want to be used as an inspiration for other artists, make them inspired, i want to be known for my art, i want to be a whale, a shark, i want to be something in the ocean but a fish, I'm never satisfied until i achieve this.

This is so embarrassing, god just delete me from existence pls

Has likes this.
  11. Grandpa_World

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have a blog for your art? Kind of wanna check it out

deadlyexistence23 likes this.
  12. deadlyexistence23

Reading List:
    Link
    ...ah, i do :notlikeblob: but i only post traditional sketches XD

Grandpa_World likes this.
  13. Grandpa_World

Reading List:
    Link
    SAD:blobcry: Did you draw your profile pic by yourself? I really like the style

deadlyexistence23 likes this.
  14. deadlyexistence23

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah no! I didn't XD this was just a girl i found on Pinterest, ... I'll try posting my finished art in the future!

Grandpa_World likes this.
  15. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're 18!!
    What's the rush?!

Give yourself a bit leeway to just enjoy. Is what I wanna said.
    But at that age, the self identity, self esteem, confidence, family and environment's expectation are smoething you cannot avoid. It will affect you.

If you cannot avoid, then just follow it along.
    And then in your 40 or 50, you can let go it all. Or do the reverse.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    Has likes this.
  17. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    You can be special if you pursue your passion. Most of us don't have such passions or don't wanna be workaholics just to feel special.
    These people, Elon Musk, Mr Beast, Arnold, Jordan...and whoever worked their ass off and sacrificed so much. So if you want it, it's there, most of us are fine having a hobby and social life.

It's childish to be depressed about not getting recognition or being accomplished if you don't wanna work for it, just because you see the highlights of famous people and how happy they are now, doesn't mean they got there by doing medium amount of work in a safe work environment following what the boss says.

Has likes this.
  18. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, Jeff Bezos.

19. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What'd you expect.
    They can afford to being childish.
    The age where you can be as obnoxious as you can and be worried with whatever.

missluna, Has and Jojo775 like this.
  20. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, I didn't pay attention to that.
    Well then advice for the young one. Try different things to do because later it becomes much more difficult. Like I'm 30 now and don't have 1 year to try and see if I like carpenting to make cool stuff like tori gates or smithing final fantasy swords... I gotta work 40h a week, cook and clean, excercise and then I only get ~2h a day to study for the job I want but was too lazy to study in college for. 2h if I manage my time properly and not feel tired and procrastinate.
    And that's with me being a bachelor, it'd be worse if I had wife and kids or other family to take care of and tying me to one place.

Has likes this.