How do you even drink water?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UnGrave, Nov 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    weird flex, but okay

Aw man, I forgot to click full image

Attached Files:

2. McNoodle

McNoodle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's hard for you to drink enough water everyday, I'd suggest eating fruits rich in water like watermelons, strawberries, oranges, pineapples etc. Not only do they give you water, they're also a healthy snack option. ^^

Femme Fatale likes this.
  3. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Whenever you feel thirsty, drink until you're no longer thirsty. Being thirsty is your body warning you that you are low on water. DO NOT IGNORE IT!

You feel tired? Drink. You feel lightheaded? Drink. Your eyes start to blur? Drink.

Have a glass of water by your bed and drink water as soon as you wake up. Make it a habit. Drink water the moment you wake up. Before taking a bath, changing your clothes or whatever else, drink water.

Ai-chan has never gotten sick for over a decade because of two reasons, Ai-chan sleeps enough and Ai-chan drinks lots of water. Eating properly is important too, but these two things are most important.

4. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    To add to your suggestions, if you feel hungry drink water first. Many times we think we are hungry when in reality our body is trying to communicate thirst.

Tsukkin, mir and Ai chan like this.
  5. JadeWhiteSkin

JadeWhiteSkin please rescue~

Reading List:
    Link
    eeerrhhhh bad video...

he is exaggerating quite a bit. Also thirst doesnt work really good for most people (due to themselves or illnesses) tbh, a better indicator is your urine.
    The average person IS dehydrated, just very few people on average are overhydrated. Also death would only be caused in extreme cases, its not justs "rare", you would have to drink about half a litre or a litre or something and do non-stop exercise for at least an hour (like running), else youd have no chance of that happening. (sorry I dont have numbers on me now)
    When you are dehydrated your body naturally doesnt dehydrate everywhere equally, else youd always be either dehydrated or overhydrated, not-so-important parts get dehydrated first, so its fine to a certain extend, just as it is fine to overhydrate to a certain extend. You just need to stay within a certain range.
    Aaalso about the 8 cups (2 liters). Yes thats not a magical number that is the truth, but since everyone is different a number had to be said. You can calculate how much water you use dayly with your weigth, fat, muscle etc. . (Again sorry cant provide numbers atm, just google)

Correct me if any of this is wrong...

6. pocketchu

pocketchu Omni

Reading List:
    Link
    I take a water bottle to school and I drink some water whenever I feel bored? I’m starting to drink less water though because I don’t want to use the bathroom every 5minutes.

joey183 and Femme Fatale like this.
  7. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nahh don't listen to him on this...

I used to wait to drink until I'm thirsty.. My lips and feet got cracks, my kidney was giving me signs of fatigues, And my allergy went nuts.

mir and Femme Fatale like this.
  8. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're going to be doing something in one place for awhile, like at a desk or table, get a cup of water and a straw.
    Put the cup directly in front of you on the table, put the straw in the cup, put the end of the straw in your mouth. While you're working (or reading or playing or whatever) sip extremely slowly, but constantly and you'll forget that you're drinking water at all until you hit the bottom of the cup and the straw starts making noise.
    That'll get at least one cup of water into you. More if you use a bigger cup or do it multiple times in a day.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  9. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    I drink whenever I got thirsty, a bottle a glass doesn't matter. As long as it can quench my thirst.

10. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously hun...
    Idk how u survive until now, but as i always say, regret always comes too late. U will only realized the importance of water after u got ill. Believe me ive experienced something like that too, and now get anxious if i cant keep water by my side, even for only 3 or 4h

11. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    *sigh* this sounds so wrong.... in every possible way

12. Sir Hubris

Sir Hubris Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i have the same problem op does, for straight up water just keep some around you at all times, you will probably sip it because thirsty and lazy. (im sure tea and milk counts towards the water intake thing)

13. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My default water are carbonated drinks and when I'm out of carbonated drinks; I drink purified water.:blobwoah:

Okay, I'll be honest with you, your request made my mind blown... or should I say, haywire.:blobdizzy: Tips on how to drink water... like, seriously? What are you doing in a daily basis or what activity are you engage in which does not allow you to drink water conventionally?:blobconfused:

If you're talking about have this feeling of dehydration, simply make yourself full of water. Eat something delicious to have a sense of fulfillment and drink water after.

14. Jaikteis

Jaikteis 【Box-Lunch Connoisseur】

Reading List:
    Link
    Flavoring your water seems like a good way to go.

You could opt for less conventional but minimal waste options:

15. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    I get the vibe of coming up with whatever reason just to drink(alcohol)

About the adam ruins everything video about only thirst indicating your body needs hydration, it only applies if you hydrate regulary.
    For people like me who have spend years drinking only a few cups a day, our body is already screwed up:aww:

16. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    How do I drink water? Well, I had practice. The first step is to find a container that fits your hands with water. If this is not possible, find a water source and move the water into the container. Lift the container to the open mouth with head tilted slightly back and slowly tilt the container until H2O pours out. When the mouth feels partially full, tilt the container back until it's level and close mouth. Swallow the di-hydrogen monoxide and feel it flow down the esophagus, past the larynx and the bronchi. As it settles in the gastric chamber, contemplate how much water was swallowed and repeat the previous steps until you feel your stomach expand a little more. As I stated first, it takes practice to understand how much water to drink. You're welcome. :blobwink:

orematcha, UnGrave and Femme Fatale like this.
  17. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    First step get a box....*cough* a belt, next find a nice old style canteen. I would go with a nice stainless steel or one of those policarbanate numbers. Personally I like the steel ones as you can boil water in them directly if needed.

18. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    When I’m thirsty, I stop what I’m doing and drink. I don’t stop drinking until I’ve had my full. I then return to what I was doing.

19. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
  20. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I stay almost the whole day in my bed because I work at home-office... I just have 2 water bottles stationed right next to it.

So... I basically have water available 24/7~