Discussion How do you F that up!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by prongsjiisan, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Vretzel

Vretzel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once I got out of home to go to school without a shirt nor a bag, thankfully I noticed something was wrong midways and got back to home

prongsjiisan likes this.
  2. Trane

Trane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (HS senior quote)
    [​IMG]
    When failing hard is an option

static7s and prongsjiisan like this.
  3. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was working part time in the IT support department at uni, I was once called to check on a computer that didn’t work for a professor. She had spent 15 minutes trying to get it to work, it turned out she had never turned it on...

4. LNFanatic

LNFanatic Programmer, Meme Farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    Was building a custom water cooled PC for a client. Finished it, shipped it off and got an angry call from him two days later. I actually installed all the right parts into the wrong case because the rookie I worked with switched the labels.

Slayerwolfx2 and prongsjiisan like this.
  5. Abox

Abox ☆Havek's Lil' Kitten☆ {Rea's Slave} |Bielt's Wife|

Reading List:
    Link
    When I worked at the TV Station, one of the new cameramen held the camera backwards...

6. naghi32

naghi32 The Loner

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh ... was doing a optical fiber T junction in the middle of nowhere a few years ago, after we finished ~ 400 km of it , we found that half of it was not working ... turns out some newbie spliced the right side of the T junction instead of the left side ^_^

prongsjiisan likes this.
  7. Mantrazz

Mantrazz The Lord Upgrade D Biggest Baddest Spammer Around

Reading List:
    Link
    Get a nuke

Bedhead Dragon likes this.
  8. zenla

zenla { Totally human being} {Kingdom building fanatic}

Reading List:
    Link
    Well once I failed end high school exam for english. I did the test greatly.... but did not know there was a second part later and left the school. Thank the almighty gods it was a trial end exam phew just got F for that.

readerz likes this.
  9. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    that is experience... he most likely will never make the same error again.

prongsjiisan likes this.
  10. KingOfDreams

KingOfDreams [Master of Sleepiness]

Reading List:
    Link
    during uni studied for the wrong exam(realized after reaching uni when everyone else was discussing the other subject)
    p.s. still got an a dunno how...

11. yapla

yapla Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i told some guys that we had to pile small box of 50 kg and more on top of each other. i left to do somthing thinking they will make 4-5 piles....i dont know how they got that pile soo hight up... and then i said f it let it be we are out. if you move a box... it might fall and kill you...

12. erowarrior

erowarrior Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @prongsjiisan :blobpats:

Mine was a lot better~

There was a time that I work for a site design company~ after working there for 8 months they give me a team of 9 people to teach them how to design a site and use sql. Anyway after showing them I let them help me with a big project and spend 2 months creating that site with all of the sub sites and …

After that I give them the project so they can give it to client and take a break to rest sometime at home , 2 weeks later I got a called from client that they still didn't get the site so I go to company and face my awesome team :blobsmilehappyeyes: its turn out those idiots thought site background is no good and after I left they try to change it to a natural scene :blobastonished: and after doing that they thought it would be good if bg change with every refresh :blobdizzy: so they create another database and delete the main database in the process :blobneutral: after finding out how they fucked up the site those genius try to create the site from beginning :blobwoah: and it was at this point that I enter drama again :facepalm:

Thought it is a good thing that I always take backup from project so after spending 6h to fix the latest backup I manage to run the site and deliver it clients :blobninja:

After that client was really happy about the result ( with 10 days delay ) and complain praise me to my boss :blobpeek: which result in making that team permanent and when I complain that I don't want them boss told me I have only two choices. take them or get fired :blobexpressionless: and in the end I think for about 5 seconds and resign from that company :blobtriumph:

Anyway those were really good days :blobmelt:

13. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    Mixing drug code for work, rookie puts in all ingredients at once ... we never do that, I have no idea why he did that. Fucked up the solution and it got dumped. Rookie was asked to go home and never come back.

prongsjiisan likes this.
  14. XD

XD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    US Navy has this thing called "Cranking." Basically, newbies on a ship spend a good three months on scullery and mess deck duties...which basically means you're working as the kid who washes dishes, serves food, replaces the syrup on the soda machine, etc.

Instead of washing dishes, there's this high-heat dishwashing machine that we affectionately called "the dragon." You load up the trays in a larger tray, push it onto the dragon's conveyer belt, and grab the newly washed trays on the other side. It's practically idiot-proof.

One day, a new crank loaded up a tray and pushed it onto the conveyer belt. No idea what he did exactly, but somehow he jammed up the dragon and forced it to shut down. The cranks had to hand-wash the trays while the dragon was on sick-call.

15. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat pat pat* At least it might have looked well on you! Take pride on yourself Arcadia-chan! \(^^)/
    Well, that means you're a good student! \(^^)/
    Oh dear... What surprised me the most was that you actually resigned... I'm amazed.

I hope you found a good job afterwards! >.<
    Did it breath fire on the sick days!? :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:

16. Minus

Minus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, I once drove to high school and after getting out of my car realized I had forgotten to put on pants.

17. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're a girl then I don't see what the issue is, if you're a boy then how in the fuck

gggo, readerz and prongsjiisan like this.
  18. SomeDude

SomeDude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Murpy's Law :
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Don't blame the rookie, He's a rookie afterall, even a professional can do the same mistake after a long hours of frustation.
    Next time, run the checklist again even when You thought the prolem is solved

prongsjiisan likes this.
  19. Zaart

Zaart Deer Master Race

Reading List:
    Link
    two guys came to repare a machine at my work place and those assholes took more than 6 hours and didn't stop yelling!
    told m.A not to ask those guys

not much differences between a blouse and boys clothes

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2017
    prongsjiisan likes this.
  20. skyking

skyking Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... fixing pc... forgot the motherboard...