How do you guys get into games?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Walter vi Britannia, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you haven't realized by the title, I'm not really a gamer. I play online games often but only when my friends invite me since I like playing with friends.

I never seem to get into a game, ever. I start one, tend to play it seriously, but after I've quit the game I just can't seem to bring myself to have a strong enough desire to play the game to open the game again.
    I mean, I enjoy games every time I play them. If I just can find it in me to open up the game, I'd start playing it like any old gamer and start getting into it, but after quitting, I lose interest in opening it up again.

I might have very little interest in games seeing from the fact that I've started playing many games that are considered really addictive, like League of Legends and Counter Strike or World of Warcraft with my friends. At first I was really excited about them, enough to get me to play solo on my own even when my friends were not online. But slowly a few days after the initial hype, I only play those when my friends invite me.

It's not a case with everything I do, I don't easily lose interest. I've been into the same genre of novels for years. I have kept up with many TV series since episode 1. I even finish a manga or anime I started till the end of its season even if it gets boring just because I don't want to leave the plot unfinished in my mind.

Loni4ever likes this.
  2. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Some children in my basement recommend me to play games
    Still, i think collecting children is more exciting than playing games

3. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    Sounds like a good alternative if I can't find a way to occupy myself with games.

Lithit likes this.
  4. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would you try to get yourself addicted to gaming?

Loni4ever, otaku31 and Lithit like this.
  5. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    When all you got is one thing, what will you do... if you have more things to do then just videogames thats great! But, to try to get into something that doesn't hold your interest is just setting yourself up for failure in my opinion.

Mlaser likes this.
  6. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    You are always just yet to find a game that suits your taste.

Bazikiller and Silver Snake like this.
  7. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    i love playing games but i tend to lose focus. plus, im not that good. however, i find myself imagining that i am my avatar and doing the things he is. then again, i like rpg more so than other types. it is just what you want to do.

8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    With lots of lube.... *cough* i just find something i like and then zone out for 15 hours straight, lol.

9. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no problem with dropping games. I play half way through tons of games. I've learnt that I prefer playing games which I can finish in 2-3 hours. Anything longer than that has to have exceptional quality for me to bother playing it again.
    For that reason I rarely play multiplayer games and rarely finish RPGs. I love them but I rarely finish them.
    Again, nothing wrong with dropping a game and never touching it again. As long as you had fun playing games then just keep doing what you're doing.

10. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    I like role playing and narrated story.

11. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a time above, and a time below, when I didn't know about novels, things were perfect, diamond absolutes. Read manga online(once/week), watch anime online(once/week), play games rest of the free time. Then I found bakatsuki, and eventually novel updates. I doubt I have ever played a game since then for more than 2 days.

Loni4ever likes this.
  12. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    What do u mean how? Other kids besides me were playing n i joined... That's how... Do ppl do it any other way?

13. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Falling in love with a game isn't something you can force, it just happens. Maybe you haven't found the right game yet, maybe you just aren't into games in general. From the sound of it, the socializing aspect is what is most important to you, rather than just the game by itself. So if you want to become attached to a game, you should make sure you always have people to socialize with, even if your real life friends are offline.

Bazikiller likes this.
  14. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Addiction is not a good thing.

I had installed and uninstalled a lot of games, and only a few remains. It depends on my my mood whenever I want to play something, you just can't force yourself if you want to play something.
    You had done good enough I guess, if you insist, play something different so you wouldn't get bored by a single game.

15. Viken

Viken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can dump hours and hours and hours into a good game, should it hold my attention. StarCraft 2, for example, has me logged at over 100 hours in the campaign and versus modes alone. Not much of an MMO/multiplayer kind of guy though.

That said, there are other games that I'd drop pretty quickly, like the Far Cry games. Ugh. I'm not a shooter guy either, so while I love the open world survival thing, I'm definitely more the builder/crafter type in that regard. Fallout 4 was awesome that way. Lol.

But it all depends upon what you enjoy. Personal interest is a big thing in what you read, write, and play.

16. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My cousin brought his Regular Nintendo to our grandparents' to play while the adults were eating and talking. It became a regular occurence of playing Mario 3 and Duckhunter. :p After that, the aunts and uncles started just giving video games as gifts for Christmas and Birthdays.

17. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    that's a freaking way of rubbing it. . .

PS: when I start to be aware of things. . .
    a Famicom is in the house. . . .
    the house is old but warm,
    toilet paper is a kind of luxury but well we have some,
    we had no car or any type of vehicles,
    internet is well. . . not yet widespread,
    I think the Kuwait cold war was still fresh from the minds of the people during that time,
    and hell, the games in the Famicom are still in Japanese. . .
    but still. . . .
    it's like a ray of light was shining on it when I first laid my eyes on it. . .
    but still I cannot play all I want, electricity bill is steep during those times. . .

18. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    How old are you? I guess you're not at that age where you will get addicted at games anymore.
    Have you ever felt so invested at a game that you have trouble sleeping because you're thinking of that game or you straight up dream about that game?
    It's harder to feel that way as you get older because you have more responsibilities and other things to think about.
    I think that invested stage is very important for you to be addicted to games.

Loni4ever and Bazikiller like this.
  19. Lithit

Lithit Desu~'s Little Griffin

Reading List:
    Link
    There's nothing wrong with that really, I thought I had a similar problem too. I had no problem getting into most games, but I could never really finish them, and I tended to just drop many halfway through.
    I've honestly just gotten used to it now. It's really not all that important whether you can get into a game or not, it's really all just about having fun in the end. And a game is only meant to be played to the extent that it's fun or provides a worthy pay off.
    ...ok.

20. sealteam14

sealteam14 Your friendly HI3 SEA monkey farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    Mobile A RPG is the thing keep me from the cruel, brutal reality that i have no way out from my parent imrpisonment of soul. It is the only thing that mention i'm still alive & still have emotion.
    Reason: All the thing my parents want is me to OBEY their unreasonable and bullsh!t order, or even take full responsible and doing the task for them, and at the f*ckin' end of the day, if it sucess, they took all the credit; if fail, they blame me for not even trying( in this case, sorry that i'm doing something NOT in my field of knowedge and THREATEN me of starvation or doing it)
    =_=
    Looking back, i still suprise that i still exist up to today, tattered, broken & despair, but still exist.
    :|