Discussion How do you handle going out in the dark?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Blitz, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Recently I've been going out at unusual hours of darkness due to various reasons

Yesterday I had to go out of my home a bit past midnight. Suddenly had to go visit an acquaintance's house to pick up some stuff since they were planning to fly back to their home the following morning. Since It's not that far away I decided to walk there <.< . However dang was it a creepy trip. It took only like 10 minutes to get there but I was slightly on the edge all the way there. I mean, the neighborhood has always been super peaceful and I'm not really scared of the dark but still..

And a while back, I got up like super early at around 3:30 Am. Mainly cause I was going on a picnic with family and we wanted to leave before the traffic and return early. The sun hadn't risen yet but the lamposts and shop lights provided some light in the darkness. I was walking alone to the meeting point but I wasn't really creeped out or shocked either. Might be because I didn't catch sight of anyone on the road except for some old folks going on jogs.

I'd say I can walk freely out even without light from any point other than past midnight to 4am. I'd rather keep avoiding go out any time during that timeslot. So how about any of you? had any weird or scary experiances or whatnot?:blobneet:

2. Megatron

Megatron Decepticon

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a conceal carry whenever I go out. Not scared of ghost, more worried about scumbaggy people tbh

3. Kurogure

Kurogure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wear all black clothes

4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Become the monster so you don't have to fear it.

5. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not much of a problem if you're male. I have no problems going out any time at night but my landlady for example doesn't go out at night alone even though it's a peaceful neighbourhood. Dinkin flicka.

6. Yakinori

Yakinori Human

Reading List:
    Link
    I rarely go out at night or when it's dark but when I do, I bring my phone with me and my earphones. I'd distract myself so I wouldn't think about scary stuffs because I grew up in the province and scary stories about strange creatures fly around here ksks.

timeless asocial and reizleigh like this.
  7. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're female, just don't go out at night without someone reliable like your father, husband or big brother as doing so are a risk nobody should take.
    If you're male, just be careful.

I like going at late night sometimes to see how silent it can be. The silent of an usually crowdy space comfort me

ANonMouse, Lurking and reizleigh like this.
  8. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    I know you are brave. But don’t go out from 12.30 to 3.30 in the morning. Because most crimes happen during that time.

9. Deleted member 349875

Deleted member 349875 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    -
    Ok so this happened after a sleepover it was 4am and the pizza guy was waiting for me to come out offer a ride home it took me 15 minutes to get rid of him
    -
    We're skateboarding and i notice someone following us so i told my bestfriend to go inside the store first as i pretend to play with my phone while sitting on the pavement n this creep walk up to me with a smile greeting "Hello kid" and i was like :blob_tilt: kid????.."Hello sir" he asked me if i want to skate while my friend is in the store and how old i am told him i'm an adult n showed my ID mf left without saying anything :blobunsure: i smell pedo in the air
    -
    Buying liqueur and on my way home i saw my senior school mate mf wont leave no matter how many times i said no and that he doesnt have to walk me home like hell u will it was midnight:blobunamused: he used to steal my things at break time caught him smelling my hoodie and uniform

10. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Mini flashlight. Or just phone flashlight. The second one has the risk of getting your phone snatched but since it's a peaceful neighbourhood, ig guess you're good.

There was a time when I always get home past 10pm. The road to the place I was staying barely got any lights and there were rumors of someone getting mugged but I'm not really the type to worry so it does not affect me much. I just use the light coz the terrain is annoying.

Deleted member 348269 likes this.
  11. LesserSarcasm

LesserSarcasm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Get a job where you finish at midnight - 4am, you get over it pretty soon, most epic though is the 3am drives through fog so thick you cant see 50m infront of you.

12. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to go out when it's dark and go home when it's dark in the past. :blobneet: I think it's quite alright. I live in the city and it's still quite lively even after midnight :blobsip:

reizleigh likes this.
  13. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
    I too sometimes like going out alone at night thats why my father always scolding me for being like that. Quite places comforts me and Im not afraid of ghosts anyway so yea:X3:

14. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    My cousins told me before that they were concerned about how "fearless" I was to use secluded shortcuts/paths by myself, even at night. I guess it was because I rarely saw other people that I wasn't scared, and that the area felt familiar and even "cozy" to me. Some places have "vibes", if you get what I mean?

Well, that kind of thinking seems very naiive to me now — I'm actually extremely lucky not to have been assaulted while traveling so far.

A couple of years ago, a female neighbor got killed at the bus stop near our place and it could have very well been me, considering our shifts were pretty close and we would sometimes meet each other on the way (I got off work at 12AM while she started at around 2-3?). That area was very desolate after dark and didn't see much traffic even during the day to begin with, but I legit never felt worried walking there before the incident. :notlikeblob:

But yeah, after that I immediately moved out and started to be more vigilant (and sometimes paranoid) when I'm by myself outside.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    Lurking likes this.
  15. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    I keep a weapon on me for self defence

16. GenEriko

GenEriko Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to watch out for rabid stray dogs when I go out. Going outside to buy feels like a horror survival game since we live near a pretty dangerous neighborhood.

Suicide in our area is increasing these days so I might stumble upon a dead person with a noose. I remember before we moved into our current neighborhood. There was a rape-slay case that went wild the victim was a child. Now we're dealing with suspicious onlookers eyeing our house.

There are more things to watch out but that's all I can say.

17. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Stay safe, you two! :blobReach::blobpats: Btw idk if it's just me but I feel like rural parts/villages are safer than cities, especially if you're a native/"from there". Or maybe it's all the scary stories my seniors told me about travelling in the capital back when I stayed there during my internship...

Shizukani and Bad Storm like this.
  18. NineArts

NineArts Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's my favourite time giving me mysterious vibe as I do my work in dark.

19. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate, hate, hate the dark. And my neighbourhood isn't very great. Even during daylight, I always wear my jacket and carry pepper spray and my knife. blobmelt_thumbs
    And there is a curfew here so uh, anyone out at night alone looks suspicious, and since it's a bad neighbourhood, police are always patrolling around at night. At least once every 2 weeks, they always catch someone. ;-;

Anyway, if I ever go out at night, it is for a late-night drive for the hell of it, to help clear my mind and boredom~

20. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, the capital city is quite dangerous :sweating_profusely: There are snatchers and some muggers. So I try to walk through crowded places. But when it's super late I can't really avoid it. Thankfully the worst that happened to me was just a snatched phone. No stabbing or anything. :blobcozy:

Thank you~ Stay safe too! :bloblove:

iampsyx likes this.