Question How I make a web novel and get money from it on internet ?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by fhc, Apr 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fhc

fhc Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry bad english, I am from Brazil

I lost my job because of coronavirus and I am very troubled, I am 42 years old and is hard to start again.

I have a LOT of good stories and plots, I wanted to write a web novel in english and get some money from it.

I have no wife and kids, and I can survive with very few. If I get 200 or 300 dollars each month is more than sufficient for me to survive with comfort, since I have my own home and not need to pay rent. My last job salary was 300 dollars per month...

Someone can give me tips or guides of how I can make money writing my web novel ? I really wanted something where I can give my webnovel for free to everybody and get money from publicity or donations... Or exist a site where we can publish web novels and the site pay us for the number of visualization of each chapter ?

2. elairz

elairz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its midnight right now and im sleepy.
    from top of my head.. webnovel.com

from my understanding, you can publish your work there. wont be getting any money until you reach a certain numbers of reader/views. at that point the site will offer you a contract. in short if you can write a great story that attract readers, you can earn money from that site. the top author can even get 10k usd a month.but...

3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are looking for quick money and confident enough in your stories, I suggest you try competing in some writing contests, an example would be like those on inkitt
    Or you can make your own website and use ads or patreon for revenue but you need enough publicity to get readers

4. FoolishCarp

FoolishCarp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if you want to go to this path with your English level, I suggest you try other method to earn living.

5. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, its learning the DO and DONT of novels, https://www.webnovel.com/book/10589...ok-of-Authors/Becoming-a-Starter-Level-Author and i recommend these https://www.udemy.com/join/login-po...-building-workshop-for-fantasy-writing/learn/ and https://www.udemy.com/join/login-po...foundations-of-fiction-writing-mastery/learn/ OF course search on the NET for the discount codes to get a 95% discount and buy them for about 10$ each
    Lastly, use AT LEAST an online free grammar checker like grammatically or similar

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    TokioftheBel likes this.
  6. fhc

fhc Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH !

7. CrisGrid

CrisGrid New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its hard to earn money by just writing a novel. Its not like you can get successful with just one book. lot of writers have part time job while writing. but best of luck to you. again the internet is a great medium for opportunity. Good luck my man.

8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so... Here are some things you can do:

0) Read this: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/how-to-promote-your-web-serial-or-writing.18477/
    1) Write some chapters ahead, like... At least 10 or so, it's important to have a backlog in case you get sick and what not.
    2) Find out what is a good release pace for you. I don't mean the release pace that you can release while straining yourself to the limit, but the release pace you can write at comfortably... Because that will be your final release pace, you'll just get burned out otherwise.
    3) Create a Patreon or some other similar thingy. You want to offer advance chapters (as in, if you have up to chapter 5 publicly visible, make them pay to read some chapters ahead, like up to chapter 15 or something) for your readers in order to make money from what you wrote. Keep in mind however, that you still need a backlog of chapters. (Like, if your Patreon shows chapters up to 15, you want to have at least all chapters up to 20 written)
    4) Start publishing it in every major webnovel site you can think of. Yes, it will be a bit of a pain to update in all of them, but you want as many readers as possible, because it means you'll get more chances of having someone supporting you with money. And to get more readers, you need to get more visualization.
    5) Be patient. Money won't flow in right away. It'll take time, don't let that dishearten you and keep writing it.
    6) Once you have finished writing your webnovel, you can then re-edit everything from scratch and then try self-publishing it on Amazon or other similar outlets. You can earn quite a bit from Kindle Direct Sales and from Kindle Unlimited.

... And that's all advice I can offer, good luck~

TokioftheBel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.