How long are your showers?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AliceShiki, Jun 21, 2021.

?

Shower duration?

1. 5-15min

28 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. 15-30min

15 vote(s)
    19.7%
  3. 30-45min

14 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. 45-60min

6 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. 1h+

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. I actually only take baths... >.>

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  7. I never bothered paying attention to the time.

6 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Showering is pretty tiring I always want to get it done quickly

imK likes this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, but no thanks! I won't ever try that one! >.<

3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, fresh water makes up less than 1% of the world’s water supply. And there are places, like the western U.S., for example, that are using the fresh water supply far more rapidly than it can regenerate. *a hamster who studied this subject while in law school*

imK likes this.
  4. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    Might or might not be, it all depends on how you see it.

5. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to bath that long. Especially because I used to live in a place that have bathtub..

But after I moved to place with no bathtub, my bath time have been reduced drastically.

Now i only bath at average around 30 to 40 minutes, at fastest would be 10 min

imK and AliceShiki like this.
  6. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to take 30 minutes when I was showering with hot water. After switching to cold water, I take 10-15 minutes. The problem with hot water is that it makes you want to shower for longer.

imK likes this.
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I get what you're saying, and I guess it makes sense that if you live in a place with constant water shortages that you'd be careful with how much you spend.

Just... Well, at least in my country, about 10% of the total consumption of water comes from domestic use. So I definitely won't bother with how much water I consume because I know it's not really relevant in the big picture anyways. I only care for my water bill and that's it.

8. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Around 30 mins~ and 5 mins if it’s cold. Btw if you have trouble detangling your hair, it’s better to comb your hair before you go in

imK likes this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see how I'd be able to do that! >.<

10. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Y? Do you have curly hair?

11. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    5-15 mins, unless I am feeling really lazy and comfortable >.>

imK likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod nod* It has lots of curls! >.<

And like, trying to comb it without applying some products before seems impossible, it will probably just break... *shivers*

13. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean...
    Shower...
    Its 3-15 min affair max, depending on how much one rushes...
    3min at the morning before work, 15 at work cause free hot water and Im being paid to shower and 10 at night to take my time and be lovely into the bed~

imK likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

15. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat pat*
    I am~ :>

AliceShiki likes this.
  16. phonebinder

phonebinder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually take short 5 - 15 minute showers like 3-10 times a day depending on how I'm feeling. Like when I'm sick, I just need to waste warm water!

imK likes this.
  17. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    1h is my longest, longest time. But usually half an hour? If I'm fast, I can do it in 10 minutes, but that's like... ultra rushing >.>;;

18. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan does not shower. Ai-chan uses bathtubs. Sure Ai-chan does shower from time to time, it's so hard to find a bathroom with bathtub here, but Ai-chan doesn't like it. Using bathtubs allows Ai-chan to soak up the moisture while relaxing after a hard day's work. It is also much easier to control the acidity of your bath water when you use a bath tub and Ai-chan likes bathing in alkaline water. Ai-chan's philosophy on baths is that it should be a joy, not a chore.

Bathing for 2 hours is really long, though. What do you do to take that long? In Ai-chan's case, the scrubbing and defoliating takes only around 30 minutes, slightly more if Ai-chan washes hair as well. The rest of the time is spent reading books while soaking in the bathtub. It could take an hour of bathing however, if Ai-chan's bathing with dude, or one of the dudettes as we spend more time having sex in the bathtub instead of bathing. But in general, Ai-chan spends roughly between 30 minutes to 40 minutes in the bathtub.

You can reduce tangled hair by having a hair rebonding session. The reasons why you have tangly hair are due to two things, curls and damages. Curly hair tangles easier, while damage to the hair means the surface of your hair is rough and flaky, causing your hair to get stuck to each other's flakes. Rebonding and keratin treatment instantly solves this problem. And if you do it every half year, you will stop having tangles issue.

19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I only take 1h when I don't wash my hair, not 2h! >.<
    Yeah, my hair probably pretty damaged due to years of trying to take care of it while having no clue about what I was doing... >.>

That said, I don't really want straight hair, so I don't wanna do rebonding~

Ai chan likes this.
  20. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't need to have straight hair. Sure, rebonding by default straightens your hair, but it doesn't have to. The purpose of rebonding and keratin treatment is to fix the damage to your hair. It's much easier for your hair to fix itself once it's straight. Your hair is not one straight pillar, it's like skin, it can flake due to dryness or just general genetic stuff. This is what causes the tangles, it increases the point of friction. and may cause the flakes to catch on to each other, causing your hair to break or creating split ends.

You can do one of two things:
    1. Rebonding once, then asking the hairstylist to cut off a large portion of your hair. Because let's face it, that hair is dead. The longer it's on your head, the worse your future hair will become. The damaged hair will continuously leak out nutrients and moisture, robbing the roots of what it needs to create healthy hair and making any new hair growth weaker and comes out damaged from the roots. In the worst case scenario, you could lose hair and go bald. That happens less in women, but it does happen.
    2. Rebonding once, just to repair your hair and having the ends cut. Then 3 months later, ask the hairstylist to curl your hair. This hair that is curled are now repaired with new hair coming out healthy. So at this point it is safe to style it however way you wish. You can rebond again later to ensure that the new hair that is growing is healthy.

Not wanting to do rebonding when your hair is damaged is going to be bad for you. It's not a big problem if you have short hair, but you said you have long and curly hair. Having long, curly and damaged hair, the three 'oh no's of hair maintenance is very bad. Ai-chan is very sure that if look at your hair against a lamp you will see a lot of split ends or hair ends that look unnaturally thin now. That's very bad, nutrients and moisture is leaching out at very high rate, worsening your problem. Even the hair follicles could be affected.

If you don't want to do rebonding, cutting your hair close to the skin is the only safe option. Your hair will now have enough nutrients and moisture to grow properly.

asriu and imK like this.