Discussion How long can you avoid your responsibilities?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by leo.d., May 4, 2020.

1. leo.d.

leo.d. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's play a game. I have been avoiding certain responsibilities for a while. I would say 3 weeks. I wanna know what responsibilities do you have that you have put off and for how long?

2. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Writing a novel.

3. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't do my homework about 1 month right now :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

4. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't answer this question because after 20 years of procrastination I've forgotten what I was putting off...

5. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go knock up a woman and run away without paying child support

6. OceanMagix

OceanMagix Catnapping periodically. Existence is oblivious

Reading List:
    Link
    when you are a lazy person and yet you borrow some educational books on computer. And still have not touched. well, its nearly a month now.

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  7. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_patpat:

8. Lishasharma

Lishasharma The Kitten in the blacksuit

Reading List:
    Link
    An assignment due next week and I haven't been started it yet.......

9. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    The earliest I ever started an assignment, once I got to University at least, was 3 hours after it was due...

The latest I actually started an assignment (as opposed to just ignoring it) was the last day of the mid-semester break of the following semester.

it takes Two to Tango, but only One to decide whether or not the child is born.

If I were ever a sperm-donor for a child I would literally burn all my assets in the court that ruled I had any responsibility for a decision I had no legal say in (you can't hold a responsibility if you don't have the authority to go with it).

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Lishasharma likes this.
  10. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been 4 yrs. I've been to a Catholic school and we were taught to be men and women for others, and I simply chose to be others.

11. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    4 days. Ai-chan has a job with the due date being 4 more days. Ai-chan hasn't completed even 1%.

12. Irlin-senpai

Irlin-senpai I ain't got a Clue(-chan)

Reading List:
    Link
    I said I would translate a new novel a month ago but I am just about to upload it.

Does this count as a responsibility? Since I did it for fun in the first place…

13. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    Lolol also three weeks. Dang it really is time.....

depending on why exactly she got pregnant, I'd say part of it is your "fault"/responsibility. If two persons caused sth and one of the two could've prevented it, I'd say it isn't solely the responsibility of that person just for having that ability and not using it. Unless said person tricked the other in some way, that is

14. Jden

Jden Well-known Dorse

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh I'm very lazy, there's too many to think about. But I'd say the more important it is, the quicker I respond. If it's just an errand I'll take forever (and probably not do it lol) but if it's work than I'll laze around for a little while before slapping myself awake.

15. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends.
    In example you suspected that your sex partner had AIDS and putting off to test yourself for 20 years while you continues to had sex with other different partners.
    Or you might had sex with your sister in law for a time and she give birth to kid that suspiciously look more similar with you than your brother and you rather putting off to dna test the kid.
    Or you might have a large debt from your prospector businesses you had forgotten somehow.
    Or you forgot to turn off your stove, forgot to lock your door, forgot to fix your car brakes, forgot your underpants in your one night stand partner, forgot to flick up your gun safety, etc etc.
    I think it's pretty relative with what could come back to bite you later whether it's debt collectors, or your angry brother with his broken marriages and pending child support lawsuit, speeding offlaned truck, etc etc.

16. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Not much. I will adamantly start to feel bad about it ~

17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Getting Financially Stable, I have been procrastinating on that for some good 3 years by now.

18. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    One: The only ways I could be in the situation where I could get a woman pregnant would in fact involve machinations by her (sabotaging contraceptive efforts, a court order while I was in a coma, that sort of thing).

Two: Whilst I would admittedly bear some responsibility for conception, I have no say in termination, if I wanted the child(ren) carried to term & was willing to take sole custody, the mother would have no more (moral, ethical, or legal) obligation to respect my wishes than if I wanted the pregnancy terminated (hell, a woman in my home country isn't even obligated to let me know she got pregnant, until & unless she decides to hit me up for child support). I do not accept that I can be held responsible for another persons decisions when I have no actual influence, legitimate or otherwise, over them, (e.g. You decide to burn down a school because I typed this sentence), do you really believe I should be held responsible for that over which I have no influence let alone control?

ETA: Of course there is also that where I live, "Paternity" in the legal sense not only doesn't actually require any actual (scientifically valid) proof of such, it has been ruled that proof you aren't related or couldn't have engaged in "relations" in the first place (IIRC the latter case the "father' was shown to have been overseas from before the pregnancy to after) is not sufficient to get you out of ongoing obligations, let alone recover assets of which you have been defrauded.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Loni4ever likes this.
  19. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    That depends on two things:
    1. If you actually did your utmost to prevent getting a woman pregnant (may sound a bit extreme, I mean just normally being careful and stuff)
    2. If abortion is more or less easily accessible by the woman in question (which isn't the case in certain states or countries)
    If both are given and the woman makes a choice to keep the child, then I'd say it's fair for you to not have to assume responsibility. If either isn't given, it easily becomes a grey area with various gradations...

20. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree,.

Number 2 inherently supersedes number 1, she has approximately 9 months to make a decision for me, about my finanicial obligations, without any regard to my wishes.

Therefore #1 is only relevant if I am allowed to include terminating the mother amongst the steps I may choose to employ (& I'm not).