How many times did you nearly kill yourself when you were young?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gadget, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Gadget

Gadget Demi-god of magic and science

Reading List:
    Link
    When we were kids, we were unaware of many dangers. For some, we didn't understand how dangerous it really was.

The first time I nearly killed myself, it was on the way back home from my cousin's place. Since it wasn't far, we were walking; me and 3 elder siblings.
    To get home, we had to cross a bridge, but the bridge's metal afety barrier didn't start at the start of the bridge. There was a gap where lean people could pass and fall/jump in the water.
    I happened to be daydreaming when we reached that spot, and just as my foot was above empty air, my half elder sister suddenly pulled on my arm, making me freeze in that position. Just a little more and I would have fallen in the water bellow, with no way for my siblings to reach me. And since we didn't know how to swim, they wouldn't have been able to jump to save me. I would have drowned.

The second time I nearly killed myself, it was after school. It was around early middle school. I, my siblings and some classmates were waiting for our parents to come and get us.
    I was playing with my friend, and at some point he was chasing me. Due to excitement and keeping an eye on my chasing friend, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. I think the only reason I turned to the right instead of going straight ahead was that unconsciously, I remembered that the road was a step ahead.
    So right after taking that 90° turn left, a mini-bus full of passengers passed right next to me, nearly brushing against my clothes.
    Had I continued one step forward, I would have likely ended under under its wheels after having been blasted off of my feet. Bus weight + around 9 people's weight on my less than 12yo skinny body...

It's only a few years later that, thinking back on it, I was like: "Damn!! That was really too close!!", "Was I that much lacking in awareness??". It made me question if I didn't have a guardian angel directing my sister's attention to me, or redirecting me toward the right.

What about you?

2. gokal14

gokal14 Sky King

Reading List:
    Link
    After watching an action movie with swords when we were kids me and my brother got some big butcher knives and started to sword fight. Luckily the only thing that happened was that I cut my thumb

Deleted member 32451 likes this.
  3. Catfish

Catfish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fapping for 10 hours straight

naghi32 likes this.
  4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was a little kid, I would always hold my breath whenever I watched a scene from movies or series where the protagonist went for a swim. So that I know what they went through. Also died watching Finding Nemo.

Gadget likes this.
  5. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember once. Its when i removed the extension sockets and tried holding the electric wire while it was plugged in.
    Shocked my hands and blown a fuse. Nothing serious.

Arexio likes this.
  6. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    TBH, death seems to be something impossible for me to achieve. The first time i nearly died was when my dad tossed me into the ocean to learn how to swim.

From there on, my encounters with near death is so occuring that my fear of death became numb and my family started to call me reckless since i lost a fear of avoiding death and more like embracing it.

Get hit by a truck? Meh, as long as i could walk for a week.
    Getting shot/stab or beaten up to near death? I did survived getting beaten up by an adult man when i was a kid and survived from a crazy chick with a knife.

7. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot to breath

8. babbo3d

babbo3d Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm stupid, even as a adult i had some pretty close calls.

9. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Think mine's tri- okay fck, its all coming back to me. Can't even count properly, and I guess those hazy memories (since yeah, its near death shit) will come back later. So I'll just put four (can only recall so far). First one was when I stacked up three different chairs to get something on a shelf when I think I was 3 or 4 yrs old, then fell, hit me head on a corner of a glass table. No idea what happened after that anyway. Second one when I got sick, 40 plus c, got hallucinations and drek and no idea if I was near death actually but it felt like it, since I was maybe not far from 5 yrs old. Now that I think about it, I do have a pretty good memory cause I can still recall my hallucinations that day. Anyway, third one was when I swam in a river next to our house, high tide, the water were moving too fast for a small kid like me back then, maybe me around 5 to 6 yrs old. Almost drowned myself by swmming across (where I can get the hell outta the water) cause it was hard to come back up to get air, good thing my cousin was near and had me lifted up by the arms, and damn I remember feeling cold blooded back then. It was actually the first one to pop up in my mind when I read the thread topic. Lastly was got me (round 8 yrs old) bumping in a... waddya call that metal thing like a stopper or some drek in Norway's small streets so that itll be close to vehicles? Idk, so yeah, got myself kiss that metal of a drek and the ground and had my chin or jaw actually broken, fcking helmet had no use ffs. Was speeding down the hill and that metal was on the foot, so yeah, I didnt used the break cause I prolly panicked on being fast and all so I lost my grip on the break, and then bam! There ya go.

10. naghi32

naghi32 The Loner

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's see if i remember ...
    -Once i was hurrying to school, and running, i jumped in front of a car, after a corner, luckly, i saw the car and did a jump forward on the sidewalk ...
    -Another time me and my friends were jumping in water from the peer, and we all were doing a running jump, well i did not get to jump, because my leg slipped, and i almost hit my head on the peer ( concrete duh )
    -Once i was walking on a crosswalk, on a green light with headphones on, and music loud, and after passing more than halfway thru it, i find a car missed me by mere centimeters, it ran a red light ...

Nice !!! ^_^

11. SinasCola

SinasCola Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well let me see

When i was around 3 years old i almost ended up drowning. Visited the pool with my parents during the summer holidays.
    Was playing around with an inflatable ball when it was blown away. I chased after it and fell into the deep pool. Don't know what happened afterwards since i blacked out? Not sure how you say it in english.

But next that i havent had any close calls. Just stuff like not watching as i cross the road and almost get hit by a truck. Or getting actually hit by a car which sped trough a red traffic light (which didn't even stop to see if i was alright). Or getting dragged into a car by a stranger when i was 5? And chemo at 12.

12. Haruhal

Haruhal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too many times I think....
    Slipped on a slippery floor while running (hey it hurts)
    Fell and my forehead hit a hot motorcycle exhaust,it bleed profusely-left bloody hole need to be stitched,I faint,family brought me to hospital and woke up several hours later,it left me with a scar tho...
    Get drown on swimming pool thanks to cramped foot...and theres few people to boot..
    A car accident when I was 4,I got thrown off from the front seat to the farthest back,with shards crashing and flying
    And last year summer flood in japan, that thrill when racing against the water current to reach higher place... thank god managed reach safely before the bridge broken

Wow...feel blessed Im still okay now

Deleted member 32451 and Devon like this.
  13. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't intentional but my heart was about to stop due to electricution

14. Haruhal

Haruhal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How long did it stop?

15. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't actually stop yet was irregular for a few moments

16. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    3 times maybe?

17. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    To many to count, almost to the point I now wonder if death hasn't been chasing me much like those in Final Destination... yeah sure it's a dlight exaggeration, but not by much. Here are just a few highlights

• 4yo: fall out of tree backwards and smash the back of my head on a flat rock. Receive minor concussion.
    • 5yo: playing hide and go seek I found a brilliant spot between two mattresses. Unfortunately the heavy steel and oak bed frame was stacked on top of the mattresses, which promptly fell on my head. I was found hours later in a pool of blood. I woke in the emergency room with a reverse mohawk receiving stitches, and another concussion.
    • 7-8ish: Grade school playground. Playing tag not looking where I was going, I ran full tilt into a cement fill steel piller. Woke up a hour later with a lump the size of my small fist near my right temple. Yet another concussion.
    • 10yo: Skipping rocks on the bank of lake. My younger brother, who is above and behind me, grabs a big flat rock about half the size of his head and attempts to toss it over my head into the water with predictable results. Concussion, nearly drowned, saved by dad after he dove from near the top of the steep bank when he heard mom start yelling.
    .... think I'll stop there. There are more instances of falling, head trauma, nearly being crushed, a car accident that could have gone much worse then it did, and other such stupidity, but I think that's more then enough for now xD

18. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was 3 I remember poking the electricity socket, also anytime I was on a cliff or edge of the buiding, anyway somewhere high I would hear the void calling me. Good thing I got the cold sweat and retreated everytime.

19. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Many.

Ai-chan used to join illegal highway racing back in Ai-chan's youth. Ai-chan never won, but Ai-chan always were in the top 3. There was a time when the police came and chased us all, but Ai-chan and another guy simple weaved our cars through the traffic and broke off into a plantation road which at that time was not yet registered in google.

It was such a rush. We were still so excited as we parked our car at the plantation and proceeded to have hot steamy sex under a palm oil tree. That night was so awesome. He was shit as a racer but his dick was fun.

Silver Snake, Arexio and Miserys_End like this.
  20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    only once i guess when I almost drwon to death on river while no one around

oh there another, one my hand accidentally grab bee nest so I jump from tree
    my live is pretty safe one
    maybe there fairy protecting me