How many times did you nearly kill yourself when you were young?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gadget, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    This one wants to believe in the goddess @Ai chan, but this story seems way to much like she is self inserting into a story she read xD

2. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, it wasn't exactly top 3 always, but Ai-chan has been on the top 3, alright!

Arexio and Miserys_End like this.
  3. Arexio

Arexio Blob Fanatic | AG Player

Reading List:
    Link
    • I've definitely removed the child safety plugs when I was younger and stuck my finger into an old socket. All I remember was seeing only white for a time after that. I also cried bc it hurt like a b*tch as a kid.
    • There was also another time as a kid, I almost drowned in the pool bc my dad and his friends thought it'd be a funny joke to throw me in the deep end. They were all pretty drunk.
    • The only consolation I had was my dad was chewed out by the rest of the family as his clothes were dripping wet from having to jump in and save me haha.
    That's all I got off the top of my head.
    Also, I can see @Ai chan 's story actually happening for some reason. My dad also did illegal highway racing in his younger days. He was a wild one.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Silver Snake and Ai chan like this.
  4. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh i've lost count
    I feel like there's this death seeking magnet inside of me lol

5. All mighty Asian

All mighty Asian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know maybe every day because I was what you called an extremely free spirit
    Jumping from second-floor of my house on a pile of sand in age 10 it's our normal thing
    That time my friend lived in the house next to our and how we play obviously jumping from one roof to other

6. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like, five times?
    Maybe six. Can't really remember right now.
    Most of those as a toddler. (because I became a lot more careful when I got older)
    Only 3 actual near misses though. Near as in a few inches more this way, or another half minute of that, and I'd have been dead.
    I don't think there are any repeats either. :hmm:

7. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Almost hit by car by twice wanting to cross the road.
    2. While going out from bus I was almost crushed under other bus who was moving in passenger lane and that's was rearea close call.
    3. Nearly electrocuted.
    4. Almost got killed probably by my sister when she thrown kitchen knives at me.
    5. Almost got drowned in swamp thingy
    There are many more but can't remember them.

Silver Snake likes this.
  8. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    I was six or seven and I was sitting on my bed, trying to move the tv in my room. I don't remember why. It's been so many years. It was on a dresser at the end of my bed. And as I was trying to move the tv, it started falling on me. Now realize the strength of a six or seven year old child and that the tv was not a flat-screen, it was probably 30 or 40 pounds. In that moment as I watched it falling and felt it press against my tiny head with the weight of the hand of god I genuinely thought I was going to die. I was just barely strong enough to turn it back on the dresser since it was in the act of falling on me and not fully off of the dresser yet.

9. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since alot of people here have been electrocuted, I want to ask you guys, did you get small spots all over your skin? (purple or black like small bruises)
    I've tried to find out how/why and how often this happens, but haven't had much luck with internet searches.

10. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    8 years old me take the fun of walking underwater in 5 meters pool. Later the pool lifeguards tell the story kid of 8 years old died drowning in the same pool.

11. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a knife fight with my brother who was barely any older then i was and i got a shallow cut of my neck and i started crying. There was also a phase where i was wrestling with my brother and he got me in a chokehold and i had to desperately tell him i couldnt breathe. The next few days one of my eyes had a red mark like it was blood but i never went to the hospital and only i noticed.

12. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I fully believed you meant suicide, and I was going to say that I've always thought of it in a fashionable way, where you just think of it to give yourself comfort, but don't actually do it, cause it's not necessary yet.

For actually getting close to death...Since I was a wee toddler, I've had the habit to rush in front of cars and cross the streets fully trusting that no one will hit me. My mother was constantly running after me, but she has no idea of the close brushes I've had when I was a tween and she wasn't there to supervise me. Since then, I've become more responsible and have realized how much stress I've given to drivers. So I'm pretty careful. Now they rush to run me over on their own accord, usually on a right turn as I'm crossing at the pedestrians' green light. Happened 3 times this year and I think the universe is trying to tell me something. Probably that people are blind and they bought their driving licenses, so look at 180 degrees trice before crossing anything.

13. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    Few. By 'walking' outside the railings of a balcony or stairs, by touching some exposed cables, by 'climbing' some exposed cables, by swimming when and where I've shoudn't (depth & water flow), by swallowing a sharp metal object and so on.

Hm, I'm curious, why do you tend to, hm, write sexual remarks as often as it's posible?