Resolved How much water one needs to drink a day

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Britney123, May 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Britney123

Britney123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Every video I watch on YouTube and even my doctor says drink 8 glasses of water or close to that a day.
    Well..... (so fucking mad about this)
    In What type of glass should I drink a day. How big, how small, how many is that in water bottles.
    • Wine glass(?)
    • Big mugs (?)
    • Small mugs(?)
    Someone please help

2. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Until you’re not thirsty.:facepalm:

3. Britney123

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m just gon say that before wanting to reach the goal to get my body in shape and hearing water helps I barely ever drink water. And if I take a sip on the school water fountain is to hide my face from someone so..... I don’t think I can detect when I’m thirsty because i just don’t feel it.

4. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    2 liters. Drinking water frequently makes you pee often so water weight don't stay long.
    Edit: I drink a gallon though.

5. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean you can always Google the question in liquid measurement of choice.

I usually pick a 1.5L bottle and fill it up with plain water everyday to drink. Usually unfinished considering I do drink other stuff too.

6. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    2 litres which essentially means 8 glasses of water.....if u r confused about glass types then get a 1 litre bottle and use it for ur water consumption purpose.....but i think normal glasses r 250 ml worth of volume.....

7. Britney123

Reading List:
    Link
    :facepalm:Why am I so dumb. Don’t know why I know to google whose song is trending right now. But can’t remember I have google to get the actual important questions.

8. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to also remember there is water content in food. Also the amount of water you need also can vary on your personal needs and levels of diuretics (aka coffee and tea in your system). In general, I go by the pee rule : if pee looks like water, I drank too much water. If pee looks like liquid gold, I shoulda drank a bottle of water awhile ago.

runsing, Blitz, anon and 9 others like this.
  9. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Look here, it is nicely explained

otaku31 likes this.
  10. pandaqueen

pandaqueen Immature Dork

Reading List:
    Link
    It should be a total of 2 litres a day, so the glass should fit 250ml (cc) of water.

11. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    The FEMA say 3 L but if you lives in a hotter region, go to 4L.

Edit: The FEMA say 2 L but where I lives is 3L because the heat.

12. mikatachan

mikatachan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TLDR: drink when you're thirsty.

Normally a "glass of water" is defined as 8oz or ~235mL. There's a lot of talk about how much you should drink or not, but honestly you should drink water when you're thirsty. Your body runs in a complex system that self-regulates itself. Thus when you need more water, you get thirsty, you should go drink water.

That being said, it never really hurts to drink more water if you think you're not drinking enough. If anything, you'll just excrete off the excess anyway. It gets dangerous though when you start doing calculations, decide you need 4 gallons of water a day when you only weigh 120lbs, and try to force it down giving yourself hyponatremia, which can be fatal.

Vudoodude and Meloman like this.
  13. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    2-2.5l a day should meet most people's needs.

3l+ a day is apparently good 4 ur skin, but perhaps bad 4 ur image (since u might develop intimacy with the washroom). :blobpeek:

14. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    It also depends on the climate you are living in (eg hot summer weather- drink more than in mild autumn) . How much sports (or other sweating activities) do you do? Do you drink other things (unsweetened) like tea?

BY THE WAY if you drink coffee (include instant coffee) - then that doesn’t count, as coffee takes away water from your body in some way (forgot the explanation, but basically if you drink a cup of coffee then you need to drink a cup of water too)

Sugary drinks (cola) are not really counted in those 8 glasses per day either, as sugary stufff... well you’ve probably heard about that one

Ai chan, mikatachan and otaku31 like this.
  15. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember to get enough Vitamin C while you are at it~
    comic61.jpg

Random detail: Vitamin D deficiency is also pretty common but not many people discuss about it.

anon likes this.
  17. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Those advice are monkeyshits. Everyone says the same different things, and nobody can say with absolute certainty how much water you're supposed to drink. When Ai-chan was a kid, it was recommended to drink 21 glass of water, sometimes 24 glasses of water, as if Ai-chan had nothing better to do that to drink two glasses every waking hour. Then it was found out that you shouldn't drink too much without eating, because it leaches away the minerals that your body needs.

Basically modern research aka 'new findings' are total shit. Don't listen when people say, 'scientists discovered' or 'new findings suggest' or whatever similar nonsense. They're completely shitty nonsense. For those research to have any real value, a counter-research must be exhausted and a certain amount of time must be allowed to pass so that human testing can show whether the hypothesis is true or flawed or completely wrong.

Remember sugar? Yeah, Americans were lied to by their most prominent scientist by saying that sugar helps you lose weight and fat makes you gain fat. That scientist was paid a lot of money by sugar companies. That's why America is now overweight nation.

There's also a similar 'finding' about how bathing daily is not healthy. Complete nonsense made by a single group paid by perfume companies with no counter-research made whatsoever. And the media just sucks it all up, because they're scientists. Forget traditional wisdom worth hundreds of years and just listen to scientists who have only researched for less than 5 years.

Ai-chan's advice is to listen to your body and your grandparents. If your body feels sluggish, tired or thirsty, drink more water. If your lips are bright red for no reason, drink more water because you're about to have a fever. If your body temperature is higher than normal, drink a lot of water, because you're about to have a fever or heat stroke. If your grandparents tell you to drink more water, just shut up and drink more water.

dhRPGamer, Meloman, runsing and 11 others like this.
  18. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    If you need a dose of D, you know where to find me. :blobpeek:

19. frenzy85

frenzy85 Not Well-Known Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    What the first guy said is right. You're just supposed to drink until you're not thirsty. If you're not thirsty despite not drinking much, it probably means you're getting liquids from other sources.

If you rarely feel thirsty, that means you are drinking enough water. If you never feel thirsty, you're probably drinking too much... a good sign of this is if you have clear urine (not yellow at all). It means you're overhydrated. Healthy urine should be translucent, but yellow.

I've had my parents tell me that drinking juice/soda is different from drinking water. So if you believe that, well, it's technically true... but drinking juice hydrates you just as much as water. It's just that juice has other stuff in it that's not good for you (mostly sugar) so if your primary source of hydration is juices/soda then you're probably properly hydrated, just unhealthy in other ways.

Unless you're showing symptoms and your body is showing irregular signals (long periods of dehydration such that your body is accustomed to it, and stops telling you when you're thirsty, for example)... in which case you should probably go to the doctor's for specific advice.

runsing and Westeller like this.
  20. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    The FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) say to drink 2 L by day, thats what your body need, of course, food has water too but you need drink water 2L. How I lives in Brazil, is 3L. How? My shit country don't care, so it's based in USA and I just add 1L.

Ai chan likes this.