Resolved How much water one needs to drink a day

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Britney123, May 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This. Really this, and just this.

If you insist on following recommendations that you must intake a certain amount of water each day, please remember that there is water in the food you eat as well - a significant amount of it. That alone may meet whatever requirement you're choosing to impose on yourself, without need for additional water intake.

Also, remember that hydration requirements are obviously going to change with your environment and activity. Any recommendation is at best going to be a ballpark, and actual amounts would have to be tailored to your lifestyle, body and current situation.

If you can't tell how much water is in the food you eat, or how you should adjust the amount you're drinking to fit your own circumstances, maybe you should just give up and drink when you're thirsty. Your body knows what it needs better than Dr. Oz.

userunfriendly and Ai chan like this.
  2. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    some ppl say that you should have a glass between meals + the one you drink with meals.

3. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Because coffee is a diuretic and laxative. It helps you remove toxins and encourages you to shit and piss. So coffee (within reason) is great for keeping you healthy but terrible for keeping yourself hydrated.

Meloman and kenar like this.
  4. MahotsukiKonran

MahotsukiKonran √¶∆℅¥×¶÷π√ ™°℅{^¢¡¿∆ \\£¥^√π¥℅¶∆÷√ ©¢¥®<®]¡¶∆¿

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no way to calculate how much water you need to drink. All those guides are bad science by bottled water and energy drink companies to sell more product just drink when you are thirsty don't force yourself to drink. Exercising will actually make you retain more water not expel it. You are more likely to kill yourself by drinking to much water than not enough other than if you have certain medical conditions. You body is evolved to tell you when you need to drink

5. Trane

Trane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    at least 2 liter of water, meaning a minimum of 10 glasses (1 glass is 2 dl /8 ounces)
    But a there is no need to drink that many glasses if you include the moisture in air,food etc

6. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    As a science student, it kinda hurts, but this is right.
    Research is friggin' expensive, and instead of relying on funding or whatever to get money, some (dont wanna say many) scientists turn to being paid by different companies to check this or that in a way that benefits them, basically faking their results through specifically picking out the experiments that give the desired result, totally disregarding their actual accuracy or relevance, just to get money for their actual research, which usually doesnt even come out half as big as their 'paid research'.
    And thats still disregarding those that are simply greedy.
    But, that doesnt mean that all research and studies are fake.
    Thats seriously ruining science, though.
    Its not science as a whole thats unreliable, just some individuals doing it.

And at the same time, while it might sound like we actually know everything, we dont. And at the speed everything advances nowadays, it might take less than 10 years to oberturn something that was believed to be true.

Sorry for going off topic, but i kinda wanted to say this~

asriu, Averroes93, Blitz and 2 others like this.
  7. Doomr

Doomr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are actually feeling thirsty then that means you are dehydrated. You’re not supposed to be thirsty. Your brain can’t actually differentiate between hunger and thirst, but if you’re actually feeling thirsty or your mouth/throat is feeling dry then you are dehydrated. If you’re still feeling hungry after having a meal then that means your water intake isn’t enough. Or you could actually be still hungry.

It is 2L of water, but many of your food sources contain water which can bring that number down. I personally only drink about 1.5L a day but if I’m physically active then I do end up consuming more water.

Anyway, water is healthy for you because it can regulate your body weight, provide lubrications for your joint, and help process water soluble nutrients, and many other importantly functions.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    otaku31 likes this.
  8. vancenick

vancenick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On road crews on hot days 30c+ we were expected to drink 4-5L in a 9 hour work day

TheNewGuy likes this.
  9. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    for additional advice, don't freaking drink 2L of water in one sitting......just drink when you are thristy or you are sweating...you have 24 hours a day, drink when you need it....

10. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, if your doctor didn't told you the quantity needed but only 8 glasses of water that's should mean it can be any kinds of glass of water, small or big and this is in the margin of errors, acceptable range.

11. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    2L, if you’re very active or sweat a lot then you may need to drink more.

12. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have 15-20cl glasses, my parents have 33cl glasses. There’s a HUGE difference

13. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have low blood pressure. So, the doctor recommended to only drink water because water helps with the blood flow. I was told that only water can be digested or processed properly, yet any juice or soda.... more than 70% is wasted, undigested.
    Thus, in order to keep my blood flow in normal level.... I drink a lot of glasses of water. I would drink at least 20 per day. If it is juice or a cola... I would need way more to satisfy my needs + not really healthy.

Anyways, it was interesting that even natural juice or drinks with a lot of vitamins/nutrition only 30% of it gets digested. Only water is fully digested/absorbed by the body.

14. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    from where did you hear this bs?
    the reason why the body don't absorb that much have nothing to do with water or soda, but the fact intestines can absorb only a limited ammount of liquids at times, the other you litteraly piss it off.....you need to drink a little at times during the day, drinking a lot of glasses of water doesn't help you at all.......

15. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    5 litres if I'm not wrong

16. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't the amount of water you need to drink depend on things like your size and how much you spend in the sun or exercise? People shouldn't confuse generic guidelines with what is best for an individual.

If anything, your diet (not to be confused with not eating anything, but more of eating slowly, chewing properly and sticking to food that you are not intolerant to, you can still eat delicious food even when dieting) and plenty of exercise like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The cats are mandatory :p

17. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    much enough that you don't feel like puking in one sitting drink. work for every liquid cosumed by human.

18. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actual doctor.
    Maybe didn't express myself properly but water is needed & helps the blood flow, which can help those with low blood pressure. I don't know about others but I have a issue where I go low energy to the point people think I am on drugs/zoned out, eyes dead & even head/body feels drained. I do think since I started to drink way more water, it has helped... I rarely get as bad, drained or low energy as before.

Blood flow is related to blood pressure, heartbeat & so on.

19. Lewisking50

Lewisking50 Voidseeker, King of literally nothing

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Just because you feel thirst does not mean you are dehydrated, it depends on how you define thirst.
    Thirst because of dehydration just as you said, with a dry mouth, throat and a desire for water.
    But you can define it simply as the desire or need to drink as well. (Merriam-Webster)

A simple experiment one can do is having a bottle of water near oneself throughout the day, on the desk for example. You will in all likelihood feel an increased desire to drink said water after some time, even if your throat isn’t really dry or anything.
    Now try going without an easily accessible water source for a day. Chances are, you won’t feel the need drink until lunch where most people automatically consume water or the like with their meal. Though maybe you’ll even be fine until much later without drinking at all, it really just depends on how active you are throughout the day...

Also, your brain can definitely differentiate between hunger and thirst, they are two distinct needs.

20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    that cat harassment!

sigh~
    sometime I wonder what teacher teach on school these day
    aye I know that feeling even just lil project back on highschool make me resign from competition cuz I have no money to fully do it
    sure I was idealistic still from that I know on commercial side there some compromise regarding science

balancing out between commercial and pure science is hard

Tilgarial likes this.