Resolved How To Add News To Group News?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by _ice, Oct 23, 2020.

1. _ice

_ice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I just recently found out that there is a group news section to the group page, but I never found an option that could allow us to add posts on there...? I've made a few announcements before, and they often go unseen unless somebody delves deep into my site/I go out of my way to inform people on other platforms.

Can somebody please tell me how?

LiLi041 likes this.
  2. LiLi041

LiLi041 【Lucky RNG Halo】【Eternal Townie】

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of want to know too!

Uh, I don't know if this helps, but: https://www.novelupdates.com/groupnews/

It says
    This is the group news page that is 100% automated. If you find a link that isn't a group news, please click on the red flag under the group's name to report it. If 5 or more users click on the flag button, the news will be hidden.

What's a group news? Any news relating to a group's website, release or anything similar is a group news. Everything is logged so please do not abuse this system by randomly flagging items.

3. _ice

_ice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No... It just shows a list of group news... TvT no explanation as to how to use this function... QAQ

(Thanks for the reply though)

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    1) In your website, create a new Category for your posts named "Announcements".
    2) Make a post with the "Announcements" Category. Make sure that said post has none of the categories that are related to the novels you're translating.

That's pretty much all you need to make something appear in the Group News IIRC.

seasaltxx and LiLi041 like this.
  5. _ice

_ice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, thank you very much. I did that just now and added some of my previously made announcements into the new "Announcements" category but I didn't see them appear in my group page's group news. Is it only possible for them to be added if they're a new post?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    NU's RSS Feed won't catch the old announcements. Only new ones will appear.

You can however, go to your NU user profile and make a report asking for the old announcements to be added to the Group News section, a Mod should be able to add them manually.

7. _ice

_ice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, thank you very much!!