Spoiler How to Avoid Becoming a Vicious Step Mother / 악독한 계모가 되지 않는 방법

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by -NEAR-, Mar 23, 2021.

1. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Volume 1
    1. The First Method. Don't Be a Stepmother.
    2. The Second Method. Be Recognized as the Duke's Wife.
    3. The Third Method. Making My Side.
    4. The Fourth Method. Increase Intimacy Between the Rich.
    5. The Fifth Method. Protecting the Child.

Volume 2
    6. The Sixth Method. Know the Enemies.
    7. The Seventh Method. Get Revenge Properly.
    Side Story 1. How to live as Count Petrika's love.
    8. The Eighth Method. Let's Welcome Our New Family Members In a Friendly Way.
    9. The Ninth Method. Hold Hands With the Enemy When Necessary.

Volume 3
    10. The Tenth Method. Respond Carefully to Invitations.
    11. The Eleventh Method. Don't Fall for Petty Provocations.
    12. The Twelfth Method. Rejection is Decisive.
    Side Story 2. How to live as Carlos Marilyn von Demansier.

Volume 4
    13. Thirteenth Method. Watch out for rumors.
    14. The Fourteenth Method. Don't be a Vicious Stepmother.
    Side Story 3. How the Duke Lives in Desmansi.
    Side Story 4. How To Be Her Husband Again.

A Supplementary Story
    Side Story 5. A family Back Again.
    Side Story 6. How the Brothers Are For Each Other.
    Side Story 7. Reconstructing the Legend

Description:
    The child that my friend gave birth to was the main character of a fantasy novel that I read in my previous life. Not long after his birth, this poor child grew up with an indifferent father and suffered from abuse at the hands of his stepmother. He left home only to proudly return when he became an adult and convict the wicked stepmother.

“He’s such a pretty child, and I feel sorry for him. If it weren’t for Amanda.”

[What?]
    My foot steps while holding the child stopped.

[Amanda… Amanda…]
    Amanda, that was the main character mother’s childhood friend, a native of a Korean-American family. That was my name.

“I’ll be the Duchess for Marilyn, at least for her sake.”

And, maybe, she can be a step mother who doesn’t pick on this child? How to not be the evil stepmother, Amanda, abuse this child even if she dies. Can Amanda be a good stepmother? Can the Duke, a cold northern man who blows a cold wind, and Amanda be good parents?

—————
    OG Mother, daughter of Count & Countess Bertrika: Marilyn
    Duke of Demancier, ruler of the North: Gellerhard
    Main Protagonist of the Novel FL read (the baby): Carlos von Demancier
    Villainess of the Novel: Amanda, daughter of Viscount Venta

After FL’s friend married the Duke, she gave birth to his child. After giving birth, the friend was weak, haggard, and almost died. The Duke only named the child then left. Marilyn didn’t get better and her cough worsened. Amanda becomes the next Duchess because she was childhood friend’s with Marilyn so she would take good care of the child of her deceased friend.

Hmm...so people compare Amanda and Marilyn since childhood, bringing down Amanda and raising up Marilyn. When this happens, Marilyn is just embarrassed and doesn’t say anything, but just gives Amanda gifts. It was a story of the good and generous Marilyn and Amanda who didn't know anything and took her gifts (that’s kind of attitude is pretty shitty:blobunsure:). OG Amanda had a twisted inferiority complex towards Marilyn which she concealed (understandably, but this doesn’t excuse her for her bad treatment towards the baby who was innocent). She wanted to marry someone with a higher status, but the Viscount & Viscountess didn’t force her to marry. Then she replaced the Duchess 2 years later.

I didn’t mention this yet, but in the OG novel Carlos falls for a dragon.

Our FL actually likes Marilyn. She also doesn’t intend to be the 2nd Duchess and her father also opposes. She is already engaged with a knight named Oscar. FL was supposed to head back, but since Marilyn was dying, FL wanted to stay with her longer. Marilyn was glad to have Amanda and was also worried about her child. If anything happened to her, then Marilyn wanted Amanda to protect her child and FL says she will always be there for him as his godmother to which disappoints Marilyn. Since FL rejected becoming the Duchess, Marilyn’s father called Agatha, who had a bad personality and forgetting her place and who wa s the Count’s daughter, being sadistic and arrogant towards the servants of the Count. She would perhaps be an even more vicious stepmother towards Carlos.
    Agatha goes to the Duke’s place and is very arrogant, already acting like she is the Duchess. Her attitude gets worse because none of the servants try to go against her. When she visited Carlos in the nursery room, one of the nannies, a wife to one of the Coun’t Vassals, argues with Agatha because she was not supposed to wear jewelry when holding Carlos. FL rushes over after a maid came to inform her.As they fight, Carlos is crying so she takes him out.
    Marilyn is on her deathbed. The only people in the room are the Count & Countess, the nanny, and the Duke. Agatha goes in uninvited and wearing an inappropriate dress that’s for parties. She tries to seduce the Duke. Marilyn begs FL to be Carlo’s mother more openly unlike before. Agatha becomes angry and snatches Carlos back from FL’s arms, holding onto him as if to hold on to the position of Duchess. As Carlos continues to cry, FL couldn’t bear it so she agrees to being Carlos’ stepmother and promising to love him and also make sure to make him not forget Marilyn. Marilyn smiles and then dies. After her pronounced death, the Duke leaves without saying anything and Agatha chases after him. The next day, Agatha leaves the estate and Marilyn funeral begins.

Omg this Duke...like ok you don’t have to love her, but damn have some respect. Marilyn is still your wife:blobunamused:

Then, FL and the Duke become a couple on paper. It was not long since the funeral, so their wedding had to be postponed. FL thought neither she or the Duke would have an official ceremony. She signed the paper confirming the marriage with the Duke and became Carlos’ stepmother.
    First way. Don't be a stepmother. Failed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2023
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. morranstillscaresme

morranstillscaresme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oooh, this is cute except for the smut tag and the only thing i can really spoil is where the smut begins lol. this may not be any help for the story hungry ppl but may be helpful for the ppl who came for smut hehe. the smut chapters are; 8-11, 16, 22, 48, 57-58, 62-63, 79-80, and 87.

4. Niaosaf

Niaosaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    8-11? That early chapter? Wow, actually i didnt realize this novel have a smut tag

5. morranstillscaresme

morranstillscaresme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yup, was kind of surprised too. and from what i saw on the title of some chapters, the fl or the child or someone will get abducted it's just my speculation tho. if anyone's curious i found the book here; https://m.bookpal.co.kr/view/44092 theres also 10 free chapters.

6. Niaosaf

Niaosaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou for the link, but i cant use it bcs it is required to log in first i tried to sign up with google ID but still not working, so i guess i'll waiting for someone who want to share the spoiler here

Azrays, nekomoon and Kelebek like this.
  7. mmonstra

mmonstra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I bought the first three books on Google Play.
    While I wish I could read a well-written translation, I will just have to do with MTL so far. It's my first time buying a Korean novel, but I was just so enamored with it that I couldn't help it
    The smut is Very Good, but it's the character dynamics and the FL that has me intrigued and made me take the risk of buying it (a little over $6 for three volumes is well worth it, especially since I had already consumed stolen content)

I've read up to ch8 of an unofficial fan translation (not MTL).

Very steamy! FL takes the lead — not common with most female led romance novels that I've found through this site. Emphasis on cl*t stimulation, women's pleasure/foreplay, and wetness easing insertion of a large d*ck: this author is either not a virgin or took great care to research actual sex.

Extra bonus points for the first time being cowgirl. No boring missionary while ML pounds away (missionary is perfectly fine in real life, but I want spice in my fiction.

8. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow! :blob_grin: yeah most FLs usually don’t take the lead so it’s nice when they do. The smut isn’t lacking so far, so how about the story? It’ll be interesting to see their development as a couple since the Duke is so cold and indifferent and the FL is pretty much just wants to be a good stepmother for Carlos and isn’t interested in the Duke romantically (for now). Thx for the spoilers:blob_pompom:, share more plsss?:aww: Oh also what was the Duke’s reaction to FL taking the initiative?:blobowoevil:

9. zloi medved

zloi medved Well-Known Green Tea Bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    ...so this is the story about a bitchy, two-faced, emotionally manipulative woman who allows people to constantly shit talk her "best friend" and just bribes her into complacency to accept being treated that way with gifts, and then gets her father to help emotionally blackmail her friend into a loveless marriage despite the fact that she's already engaged to someone else, just to protect her child, condemning her supposed "best friend" to a life of forever being compared to her and not letting her step out of her shadow as she has to fill in the space of being her husband's new wife and her son's new mother? Cool cool cool. Very "kind-hearted" best friend there.

:blobpopcorn_two:

10. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    When FL rejects becoming the stepmother of Carlos, Marilyn just becomes disappointed then tries to brighten up again (which kinda fails cuz she’s so disappointed). When reading it, it didn’t seem to imply that Marilyn planned with her father to blackmail her. I think it was just all on the father bc he reasoned that only FL or Agatha would be suitable for the position of Duchess after Marilyn dies. I didn’t go into detail about Agatha and her personality but so it’s best to read it yourself since it’s already translated, but she is so horrible, would totally make Carlos’s life a living hell (probably even worse than OG Amanda which FL also thoought). So I don’t think Marilyn would suggest making Agatha the Duchess, it really didn’t seem like it. Unless it’s revealed (through the Count) later on that Marilyn thought of that plan. Anyways, yeah she isn’t so kind hearted letting her friend get bashed by others and being just a bystander.

Yeah, even her parents think that she will just be treated as a substitute so that’s why they were so against her becoming the Duchess. The Count & Countess think she was the best choice since Amanda was Marilyn’s childhood friend and would take good care of her child.
    Good thing the story isn’t about her since all that was just chapter 1-5 (also she’s dead so...yeah). Unless FL or some other characters thinks or talks about Marilyn, she probably won’t be mentioned much. Marilyn isn’t really the focus of the story.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  11. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    I am HOPING it stays that Marilyn is indeed a good person/decent friend (as sickly as she was, I'm disappointed she didn't try hard enough to correct the people's view. If you're gonna ask a favor to the point where MC probably has to give up the love of her life for your child and your semi-failure husband *for being a bit lacking on empathy on the spoilers? Haven't read this afterall*, then use that authority to good use. Leave one of your trusted maids to be by MC and/or Carlos's side)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  12. mmonstra

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't slept in nearly 20 hours so I started to MTL something I had already read instead of just finding the chapters I read and quoting them!!! How silly!!!

Perhaps I'll work on it (MTL) later, but let me answer your question first:

With her taking the initiative, he seems shy, naive, nervous. He stutters. He is definitely in an almost maiden-like role... Shyly suggesting that they don't need to, that they have an heir (baby Carlos) already. This is not a cold rejection because she clearly puts him on edge (I'm assuming in a sexy way). The more I think about it, the it gets lmao

I haven't slept in over 36 hours so I'm a little loopy. Deciphering this novel is gonna be a long term project for me, so my spoilers will be short and slow coming. Sorry!

EDIT: I'm also doing MTL and in Google Books... which is basically like translating sentence by sentence while staring into paragraphs in Hangul.

I'm extremely high and it took So Long for me to post that MhdaarykGJd

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2021
  13. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh~ FL=dom, ML=sub (noice:blobsmirk:) thank you so much and don’t worry take ur time, no rush:blobsmilehappy: Also, hope ur ok, try to get some rest:sushi_sleeping:

Franxz and Azrays like this.
  14. mmonstra

Reading List:
    Link
    And another thing:
    He's actually fairly clueless about sex in general and FL has to absolutely teach him how it goes, how to please her, etc. Because even though he's already a father, it looks like conceiving is the only thing he understands about intercourse.

And I mention this not because it's necessarily hot — though it doesn't not do anything for me — but because I found it so fascinating that the author took the time to establish characterization in their sex scene — and a dynamic not often seen in these novels, where a more experienced woman teaches her husband how to please her vs the usual "more experienced MAN" who shows off to his wife how easily he can please her (this is a novel aimed at women after all) — makes me even more excited about reading this :blobpopcorn:

15. Mmie

Mmie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FL ended up pregnant because they never used birth control. She gave birth to a daughter who looks like the dad. However..... Charlotte, the mother in lawyers maid fed FL some herb that affects her breast milk. Her daughter died while carlos got super sick. The husband loves her and calls for her every night before he went to war and after. He tried to do everything he could to console her. The mother in law was extremely nice also. The one behind the drugging and killing the infant daughter is the previous dutchess's dad. He feared that carlos position would be threatened with the birth of a new child and the good relationship between the couple.

16. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    omg WTF:blobcurse: noooo...:blobcry: does the previous Duchess's dad suffer for what he did? He better get punished! I hope they don't just let him get away and don't let him off easy just bc he's Marilyn's father and was the Duke's father in law

Herbie420, luliibunny, lylac and 8 others like this.
  17. Hx776f62626c65

Hx776f62626c65 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    was this the previous life or the current timeline?

jkumi7 likes this.
  18. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the child have a big role in this story or not? I like the way the kids relate to the main characters in some of the stories.

jkumi7 likes this.
  19. Mmie

Mmie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Current.

They are in the process of trying to find ways to punish him. They can't outright do it because there is no clear evidence yet and he is an important vassal. I got too lazy to keep reading. I think I finished the first book.

20. Elvirgo

Elvirgo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally i find this novel really interesting and I’m so glad to find this spoiler thread. Like it contains a baby kid and smut in the same k-novel!
    SPECULATION:
    *cough* so after reading chapter 8, I’m starting to have doubts about the identity of Carlos (the child) tbh. ML was really shy to do that, and when they did it he was like “what was that?” Like he didn’t even know what it means to pass the night with his wife, even though he was already married before, the FL also noticed that but didn’t really thought about it deeply. Also knowing that the child look exactly like his biological mother (she had black hair and green eyes too), and the very cold relationship between that selfish woman (Marylin) and ML, also ML who didn’t even call the child’s name.
    All of this make me think that Carlos (the kid) may not be the ML’s kid OR the ML doesn’t even remember his night with his first wife. Of course this is still just my opinion.

ty for the spoilers posted so far, also i noticed that the translation improved from the six first chapters and the 7 and 8, which made me happy