Question How to contact translator of Firebird’s Nest?

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by deadphoenix, Nov 1, 2021.

1. deadphoenix

deadphoenix Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm always happy when a chapter of "The Reincarnated Heavy Knight Who Was Exiled After A Supposed Big Miss Is Unparalleled With His Game Knowledge" comes out. Now, I found this post on his/her site:
    "I kinda noticed that since a bit more than a week ago there was not a single comment made by anyone anymore, even though there were usually quite a few every week before.
    I made some changes to the site around that time and since too, but I don’t think I broke the comment section or anything."
    I tried to respond, but when I try to log in with Wordpress, it gives a login loop (you log in, but are re-directed to the login page.) I think I'm not the only one with this problem.
    When I read this post, I'm starting to get afraid that he/she would stop with the great translations. Does anyone know a way to contact the translator? Their is also a bug with the latest post (it can't find the post.)

2. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm locking the latest chapter until it was resolved on translator's side.

@Firebird

3. Xian-laoshi

Xian-laoshi Teacher Hamsie Xian

Reading List:
    Link
    I checked their site and if the login option isn't working, another way is through donating via Ko-fi, which will allow you to message the creator, or subscribe to their Patreon, which will allow you to comment. Either way, the translator would greatly appreciate it.

I'm just saying this in passing but I'm in no way forcing you.

4. Firebird

Firebird Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry about all those problems. I did some adjustments to the site and it seems some of them broke a few things. I tested things in incognito mode and from a mobile, but may not work the same for everyone. I hopefully fixed most, but if not, I would be happy if someone could tell me here.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  5. deadphoenix

deadphoenix Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The chapter is fixed.
    The login screen stays in a loop. If you click on 'return to Firebird's Nest' it's stays on the login screen. (You need to return with you're browser.) It could be a problem on my part, I'm not that good with programming related stuff.

I'm already happy that the message arrived. I'm really thankful for the high quality translations of Heavy Knight. English isn't my native language, but I rarely see such good translations. It's rare to see translations without a typo or a grammar error. and it's even released with a high frequency of 5 chapters a week. Nice doing, thanks for the chapter!

Firebird likes this.
  6. Firebird

Firebird Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you again. I turned off the caching of the site, which hopefully fixed the problem, but I can't be certain it worked for everyone.

Thanks for pinging me, I've noticed thread because of it.
    The problem have been averted with the chapter, so can you lift the lock for it? Thank you in advance.

7. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    done.

8. SA0

SA0 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As OP described, the same thing happens to me.

When clicking the login button on the site it redirects to
    wordpress(dot)com/jetpack/sso......

From there when you click login it redirects you to
    firebirdsnest(dot)org/wp-login.php?action=jetpack-sso&result=success&user_id=212699079&sso_nonce=wl6mob7i3wocj7im2xui&calypso_env=production

On this page it says the following:
    We couldn't find your account. If you already have an account, make sure you have connected to WordPress(dot)com.

And it also promts you to login again and the process loops back continuously.

I don't know anything about how wordpress works but maybe the problem is in the jetpack something?

Hope this helps in troubleshooting to fix the login problem.
    If the explanation isn't enough maybe you can try using a different wordpress account to test it out.

ICe likes this.
  9. ICe

ICe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SA0 described it nicely, same here.
    the ever stuck in loading wordpress like button that happened from chapter v2 ch32 on is working again today and the star rating thing that I never saw before started working from the same chapter on.
    so log in strangeness, like button stuck in loading and start rating showing up from v2ch32.
    the latest fix today (?) fixed the like button and left the rating working still, but not the log in.
    also the like button is working but not the same as before since it takes a moment to work and one is still not logged in for comments. actually if i reload the site im logged out again even there.
    some wp sites have a similar problem recently so it might be something new from wp itself?
    hope this helps.
    if not at least you have my appreciation for your great TL :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  10. cryum

cryum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same problem here, looping through the two. For some reason Jetpack can't process the login, even without any adblockers.

11. Firebird

Firebird Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the detailed responses!

I couldn't find any reason why the jetpack login thing would all of a sudden try to connect Wordpress accounts to local site users and nothing I've found on google helped me either, so I sent in the problem for the support. Hopefully they can illuminate me about what changed.

For the time being I turned off the need to log in to be able to comment for everyone, which means everyone should be able to comment in the meantime and hopefully jetpack won't mark every single comment as spam.

ICe likes this.
  12. cryum

cryum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So back to before, for now. My comments are getting through, just tried it.