How to Elder Scrolls: 3-5 Mods

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by DunnoGoodUsername, Dec 30, 2020.

1. DunnoGoodUsername

DunnoGoodUsername Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I’m looking for mods concerning: Morrowind GoTY, Oblivion GoTY, Skyrim SE, also I downloaded these on Steam.

More specifically mods that’ll get rid of bugs, as for why only those, well I’m too intimidated to try any others since I’m afraid I’ll mess things up, and I want to experience my first playthrough being vanilla-ish without too many bugs, and also I have no prior experience with modding before.

I’m gonna play the games in order; i.e., Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim. I’d appreciate it if you can be as detailed as possible since I don’t know jacksh*t about softwares. Also I’ll be listing what my specs or software I’m using.

ASUS GTX 1080 STRIX GPU (base clock).
    Ryzen 1700 CPU (3.00 GHz).
    G Skill Trident Z 16 GB RAM (2 sticks).
    ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO Motherboard (x370).
    Acer Predator XB271HU Monitor.
    Two 500 GB Samsung SSDs (not sure what type).

GeForce Game Ready Driver: Version 460.89.
    Windows 10 64-bit.

2. plutotheplanet

plutotheplanet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i havent played elder scrolls for a bit but i remember using the nexus mod site also theres alot of tutorials about it on youtube.

DunnoGoodUsername likes this.
  3. silvananoir

silvananoir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still play Skyrim and I highly recommend going to Nexus Mods website. There are a couple of basic mods that you're going to need. Nexus has it's own mod manager but I actually recommend using Mod Organizer. It keeps your game and mods completely separate and gives a lot more control. A youtuber named Gopher has detailed videos on installation. Very simple and easy to follow for a first timer. I would say that the vast majority use Mod Organizer.

If you want to keep your game vanillla then I would only focus on bug fixes. Nexus has everything sorted into sections and each game has a Bug Fixes category. I can't remember but the major patch for Oblivion and Morrowind are but for Skyrim the number patch is the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch. Also in Skyrim's case make sure you're in the right section. There's one for Oldrim and another area for the newer Special Edition. Either way you need the patch. It takes care of a lot of issues. If you have any other questions feel free to send me a message as it can feel a little overwhelming you're first time.

DunnoGoodUsername likes this.