Discussion How to escape Sloth?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SSMachine, Dec 15, 2018.

Tags:
?

Can you stop being a NEET?

1. Yes

27.6%
  2. No

41.4%
  3. Not a NEET

31.0%
  1. SSMachine

SSMachine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, how do people escape the NEET lifestyle? Although I can't exactly call myself a NEET since I still go to school, I'm basically half-step there since I don't leave my house except going and back from school. But, you know, sometimes I read online about people exercising and shit, and I feel really motivated. I get out of my house, exercise for like, half a month.
    However, I just like stop sometime later. I just want to know if there is any successful cases of people escaping Sloth and how.

Tsukkin and Ai chan like this.
  2. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    When you have no money to support your NEET life, then you will find a way. Now you got a job, so you are leaving the house, but now you don't have enough time to read books or play games if you are walking there. If you take the bus, you have to be near people. I guess you should get your own vehicle so it only takes like a tenth of the time to get to where you need to go.

You start doing things to save time, such as doing laundry periodically so you don't stink at work and get reprimanded. Fixing food for the entire week at one time so you can just heat it up in the microwave and go. And then...you finally get paid.

Time to finally afford some goodies! Ah...but you only have $50 left in your account after paying for gas/bus/groceries/clothes/grooming/etc...

And that much I have left thanks to living with my mom and brother still. If not, then I would be flat ass broke every single fucking week.

>>The life of a minimum wage employee.<<

3. TrollingTrolls

TrollingTrolls [Trash Talker]

Reading List:
    Link
    You cant escape from The Lazy King, stop struggling and come to the dark side!

4. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    well i stay in home for 4 year now but going out for works just 8 hour then go home again, just have one friend and no girl friend like playing game and watching anime is that count as neet ??

5. TrollingTrolls

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, it is.

6. SSMachine

Reading List:
    Link
    But like, sometimes I have moments of revelations. Like, what am I doing with my life?:blobfearful: But of course, I always return to the dark side.

7. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Just run... really slow.

8. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You have no discipline, thats all there is to it. There's no magic trick for your problem.. stop being lazy or dont up to you

9. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it's not.
    NEET= not in employment, education, or training.
    Don't mistaken neet as shut in

Myriadfold, Fares and Silver Snake like this.
  10. SSMachine

Reading List:
    Link
    Cough, I eat instant noodles or frozen food for cheap and convenient stuff:blob_grin:. And I only read books. I ride a bike, and when I had a job I took night shift during the holidays, so...

PS: I also do my laundry in one go, but since my area's very hot I just dry it in my room near the window.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  11. TrollingTrolls

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh Oh Oh, my bad ! So I'm just a shut in too! Well reading novels is not a hobby, its a way to live your life ! Long live the authors !

12. Fares

Fares Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe this will help

SSMachine likes this.
  13. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Just give in and sleep with her. :blobshh:

14. SSMachine

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you talking about dakimakuras? :blobsweat_2: I'm not that far gone yet.

15. AhoDesuGa

AhoDesuGa Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Never heard of anyone ever escaping lol, don't even try. *pat pat*

SSMachine likes this.
  16. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    How to stop sloth? It's easy, they don't even bother getting up.

Anyway, the best way to stop procrastinating is to have either one of the three: motivation, goal or burden.

With motivation, you're more likely to do your best. WIth a goal, it's more likely you will work your best. With a burden, it's more likely you will do your hardest for the people that matters to you. That's why, married men with children usually can make ends meet for his family eventhough he was barely making ends meet when he was a bachelor.

17. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Tried to find a dakimakura for her but ended up finding yaoi ones with Edward.... i guess that'd keep you from lazing in bed. :blob_coughblood:

18. TrollingTrolls

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you are right. I am still single and I can afford to spend all my moneys without thinking for some1 else, but with my salary its no problem to pay for a whole family, well the mystery is how all my salary goes into nothingness for me only, when I am sure I can support a family with it.

19. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    it's really just about finding something to be motivated by. i never found it very helpful to keep telling myself things like "i gotta get up/out and do something. anything would be fine. i must be a horrible person, just sitting around all day accomplishing nothing." looking into hobby-based activities in your area is a good start. if you're withdrawing from the world, there's usually a reason or excuse that comes up often enough to drive you down (things like i don't like people, don't have money, don't know enough to get started). if you can recognize what's holding you back and look for things you can enjoy without those interferences or how to overcome such things, you'll be more likely to actually do 'em. it's important to have an immediate goal you can enjoy along the way that conveniently accomplishes other things you may want to get done.

if you just want a little exercise, like goin for a run or something, but just goin around the block is too boring or maybe your stamina can't actually handle running, then maybe find a starbucks, hobby shop, or pick up something like pokemon go, find the pokestops in your area, and come up with a route you could just walk to. you don't have to run the whole time, just the act of getting out and moving is helpful, but it's the place you're going to or the reason you're going there that gives you something to focus on or look forward to and make things feel less like a bother. hanging out with a friend while you do whatever is also a really great way to help make things easier to do. just going over to eachother's houses or something isn't really gonna fix things, but if you just go to the gym, for a walk, or maybe have something to accomplish along the way (like taking down a pokemon gym along your route), it can be a great boost to one's motivation. basically, you try to find ways to give you a goal and make it harder for you cheat or add a little pressure/guilt the help you follow through.

it's also important to recognize if you're a contrary person, so you can try to address it early on. some people do fine with a little reminder or nudge, but if you've fallen into a slump, then even if you may have been seriously considering actually being productive, having someone say something like "hey, why don't you go do ________." or "weren't you going to _______" is more of a hindrance than a help. if you get upset at their meddling and no longer feel like doing anything, or maybe you made up an excuse/lie and now you feel guilty but don't want them to know, such things are counterproductive, and so long as you are actually capable and willing to follow through on your plans, then it's important to make it clear to any would-be meddlers that all that looking over the shoulder or judging that they're doing is hurting your mood more than it's helping and they should mind their own business. even compliments may hinder your motivation, because it may feel like their praise takes away from what you're actually working towards, why you're going something, or maybe they try to support you, but it only comes across as annoying meddling.

whatever the reasons may be, they don't have to make sense. it's just important to recognize if something if interfering and address it before it becomes to great a hindrance to whatever drive you may have.