Spoiler How to Get My Husband on My Side -남편을 내 편으로 만드는 방법

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ShugoTenshi, May 24, 2021.

1. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed from how it started I assumed it would be
    a happy end
    - the type of defrost the ML .. while healing herself (and probably the ML) I hope Ellen (Translation of spelling) and the MC remain on very good (if not beyond) friend terms though I like that dynamic. But MC has many things to resolve.

Anyone have spoilers on what Happens in the end to Freya and her Brother (and MCs Brother and Father Kinda want heads on pikes personally but doubt ill get it lol)

yulk likes this.
  2. Le_Tired

Le_Tired Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (First off - I read Ch 89-96 and Caesar or w/e his name is kissed MC in 96)

I don't know....why Izek has this image of being a sh*t ML. I was trying to be impartial / neutral on my previous posts so as not to step on any toes, but now I'm going to be frank and just say he's probably one of the better MLs in novels / manhwas. It's also disheartening to see MC being thought of as stupid or dumb.....I don't know....huh?

Every time I think of how they were both raised & nurtured in their respective environments, I can totally see myself either becoming Izek or Ruby were I to be born in their place.

I've pointed out before that Izek is abrasive as a result of his past trauma & his personality pre-MC has a lot to do w/ his standing raised in an isolated environment (only son of a well respected, renowned Duccal house, & important figurehead of the Brittania Empire's paladins}. He was able to meet more people outside of his closed environment as he took on the role of a paladin but that's after his formative years when his personality was not as malleable anymore.
    About his social standing:
    I's often encouraged and even a social expectation for a superior / important political figure / authority figure to not display emotions (emotional is seen as unreliable and I unfortunately adhere to this as well & prefer my supervisors to act like robots as it makes my life easier sorry not sorry), and when someone is born w/ immense privilege, they have the freedom to act however they want b/c there's no one above them to check their behavior, they don't have to sympathize w/ anyone to accommodate them or listen to anyone to get what they want. That's why it's common to have corrupt political figures or underhanded practices in the entertainment industry (and explains why wealth / power reduces compassion lol),

IRL Comparison: People w/ power and $$ either make the rules (ex. introduce a bill or some type of reform), set the precedent for public reaction (ex. Japan's anti-marijuana stance that first arose out of the country's financial interests have now evolved to its citizens having a negative image of it), or change the rules (ex. lobbying).

Ch 33
    "And Izek had never been careful of his behavior in his whole life.

Even in the face of the king.

If it was him, it would be very tiring to pay attention to his every single gesture in front of someone.

So, he couldn’t quit, even if it was rude."

Izek doesn't have to care and if anything, the king relies a lot on the Omerta Duchy's power and has to be careful around Izek. There's very little storytelling on the specific details of their politics outside of the dynamics between the North & South, esp w/ the southern delegation visiting the North for the tournament, but it does portray the Omerta Duchy as having a lot of influence in the North as they also have the blood of royalty (king is Izek & Ellenia's uncle). Also, Izek & his subordinates are equivalent to military power, idt the paladins are under the Omerta's jurisdiction (I think they belong to the empire?) but if he wanted assistance for his own political interests, he has enough influence to change the decision of his superiors + King.

My point:
    This is not to whitewash Izek and say that he's a saint, my point is that he is relatively mild and could've turned out much worse other than having a personality problem and being uninterested in the people around him (are people perfect....). The novel doesn't mention instances of Izek abusing his power or treating his subordinate paladins / superior (commander) poorly, they have a positive relationship w/ him. He also doesn't try to weasel his way out of previously hurting MC's feelings (even if unknowingly) by making excuses for his behavior. MC brought up at one point that Izek told her he hates her earlier from earlier in the story and his eyes just crumbled w/ regret. He's not manipulative or overbearing, he pays attention to her emotions (like her reaction when he asks what her family did to her & decides to wait for her to talk to him on her own) and when he thinks of what he wants to do, he also considers her; there's lines in the chapters that are like "but Ruby wouldn't like it if I did that".

About Izek being insensitive towards Freya (good for him):
    Lastly, Izek isn't obligated to forge relationships / friendships w/ people just b/c they care about him if he's not interested in having them be part of his life. It's understandable that Ellenia feels frustrated that Izek doesn't give a sh*t about Freya after all these years, but she grew up w/ him and should know not to have any expectations.

It's like going on dates w/ someone that treats you well then realizing you're not interested in them, then a third party tries to guilt you into liking them back b/c they treat you well. That's great and all but it's hard to change someone's feelings about other people & it would hurt the person if you try to pretend care about them when you don't ...... Izek doesn't try to lead Freya on romantically or ever show any interest in her, he makes it clear whether he likes someone or not.

Ruby is sheltered & abused in both lives...I'm curious to see how one would act were they to experience her situation. She transmigrated / died close to the age of adulthood or as an adult (? don't know exact age, couldn't find in novel) then lived an additional 3 yrs in her second life, so cumulatively that's either ~ <20 or >20 yrs of abuse. Is she supposed to magically recover and have complete control of her mental faculties just b/c she's not in that environment anymore?
    This author does a really really good job of portraying how survivors of domestic abuse think, perceive their environment, and how their loved ones also struggle to accommodate them. When I first started reading the novel, I got goosebumps from reading Ruby's inner monologue and I thought the author was successful in conveying her pervasive feelings of fear and anxiety.

There's been complaints about her inaction or how she's "dumb" for trying to emotionally appeal to Izek and rely on him.....She doesn't seem to have personal financial resources or friends from the South......She had to bribe a maid at the Duchy to get an ally.....She wasn't taught the skills necessary to be independent in past and present life.....Yes, it would make sense for someone who's been infantilized for most of their life to suddenly come up w/ grand schemes and get through the situaton all on their own.....

Tbqh, the negative criticisms of MC are unsavory b/c her character is so realistic that her situation can be likened to other irl abuse victims. I can't help but think that if MC is characterized in that way, then there would be no hesitation to apply that to irl abuse victims???? It's like when MC in "I only came to find my dad" was also called dumb and seriously, before her regression, she was a 16yo groomed by her uncle and kept isolated in his residence and had no formal education. Just b/c she has some knowledge of future events from her first live doesn't automatically mean she will prosper in her second life.

Also, this is sort of related / unrelated.... I've been forcing myself to do TOC posts for other novels b/c I wanted to be able to find spoilers later on as the manhwas progresses.... and the amount of apathy about someone's past trauma is appalling. When I do TOCs, I read / skim through every single post thoroughly to try and gauge whether that post is informative or adds context, and I can understand how facebook moderators get PTSD. It's just.....kind of.....demoralizing......
    Esp. in stories where the setting is "ogVillainess emotionally torments husband for years, and is very overbearing, controlling, & manipulative but never cheated on husband, husband is trash for emotionally cheating or seeking comfort from someone else after enduring years of mental abuse & depression" (ex. I failed to divorce my husband). I'm like??? Is the...novel trying to say infidelity is worse than abuse......?? The way the author frames the injustice can be misleading....?? Infidelity is objectively wrong but why does it seem like there is a weighing scale for immorality and abuse is trivialized in comparison???? huh???

Being forced into an engagement w/ someone you h8 and treats you like ass, and not having the freedom to choose your own lover would break anyone down. I can't imagine being a young noblewoman forced into marriage w/ an abusive husband but for some reason my extramarital affair makes me worse than him. Infidelity is ugh but there's little empathy for the abuse the MLs experience....I do feel bad for the villainess for their past that influences them to be abusive but it also doesn't mean that what they did can be justified either? There's situations where the abused becomes the abuser, creating a cycle of generational trauma. But the thread becomes 10 pages of "so did he cheat or not". Why is the abuse being ignored.....

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  3. Imfictophilia

Imfictophilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone please spoil about the moment when her skill to understand monster language revealed, i mean the moment when she stops the fight between izek and dragon since i found out theres spoiler that ruby talks to dragon not to hurt izek, thanks again

4. lara5642

lara5642 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can just copy the mtl and paste it .It happened to ne once.

ltsanchai likes this.
  5. devinara

devinara Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Huhu, thankyou so much for the spoiler! Cant wait gor the next spoiler..

AnniePoo likes this.
  6. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe try split putting it the spoiler tag for now? I’m sure how to fix it but that would be my guess

ltsanchai likes this.
  7. iiiiirrrrriiiii

iiiiirrrrriiiii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love this story so much! And hey seems like author is also a swifties with her song choice ;)
    thank you so much for this!

8. devinara

devinara Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I curious, how will elenia, her father, and freya react to Freya's skill?

AnniePoo likes this.
  9. Fayfay

Fayfay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 89
    • Cesare and Ruby talked. Ruby learned the truth that her brother keeping eyes on her (Pietro guy watching her all this time).
    • Then Ruby asked if Freya poisoning accident was his and their father doing, but he denied it, because there was no benefit of doing it.
    • He said that she should know by now the one who got benefit from that accident. Ruby then recalled the moment Freya revealed her intention being North's Queen. And maybe her uncle, the Arcbishop, would get the benefit from that too.
    Chapter 90
    • The brother asked Pietro guy to close the door from outside.
    • Cesare asked Ruby to show him her legs. Ruby insisted that her husband would notice. But the brother said that Izek would likely busy and stayed at dorm during the competition.
    • He hit her with belt. In Ruby's internal monologue, 'think nothing, this will pass anyway'.
    • The second banquet. Elenia and Freya looked at the sibling (Cesare and Ruby) from a far. Different from other social gathering, Ruby sat next to Cesare.
    • Cesare looked normal and friendly like the first time she remembered. Beside him, Ruby somehow looked tired. Elenia thought that with their strain relationship right now she coulnd't ask her why.
    • Freya being bitchy she is, said that the sibling relationship looked shady. Elenia kinda saw why she said that, but somehow she thought about something else, she looked at Freya's face. Did she the same childhood friend that playing dolls with her? She didn't know anymore.
    • Elenia asked who would get Freya's handkerchief? Freya said, if it was last year maybe she would gave it to a certain someone (a.k.a Izek).
    • Then the siblings left the banquet before the diner was serve and went to festival together.
    • Elenia sighed, why would her brother agreed on them going out when he asked her to monitored on the siblings. She didn't know his intention.
    • The Paladins knights gathered and talked aboit how exhausted they were to be their boss' wife babysitter. Then they swift to asked silenced Ivan on whats he thought about Cesare.
    Chapter 91
    • Ivan said nothing much. It was Galar who said that Cesare gave of beast like vibe first time he saw him.
    • Ivan wiped his sweat with a handkerchief and they asked where he got it from. He lied that he got it from Leah, but his eyes found the silver haired girl among the crowd.
    • The game/competition began, Izek entered while riding his horse. He came to Ruby. She gave him a handkerchief and said to him "be safe". Izek accepted it while smiling and kissed her hand. He then proceed to the arena.
    • Cesare saw all of it and asked Ruby whether they do that ofter (being affectionate). She didn't say much and felt the eerie vibe came from Cesare.
    • After that Ruby felt like throwing up. At the bathroom she met Elenia. Awkward silence.
    Chapter 92
    • Elenia asked her wheter she was okay. Ruby said she was fine. They talked about the game, "did you enjoy the game bla bla".
    • Ruby smiled and wait until Elenia out. She then throw up.
    • Omerta Duchy. There was a banquet hold there.
    • Ruby felt weird from Izek's absence, instead Cesare was here. Half people who win the game stayed at palace's dorminity, including Izek.
    • There stood beside her, Cesare, Alfonso (her ex fiance) and Duke Omerta. 'This is weird combination' she thought.
    • Cesare being friendly fake as usual. She didn't feel like talking. To prevent them talked to her she eating the bread constantly.
    • Three of them saw her eating the bread.
    "You must be in a lot of stress lately, to make you hungry like that."
    "Slow down Ruby, no one gonna steal your bread."
    • Elenia accompanied by Dorias ambassador. He spoke flattery like, 'Your beauty, now I witness it with my own eyes, Princess'
    • She knew his flattery wasn't without motive. Of course it was about to bring marriage topik between her and Dorias royal family.
    Chapter 93
    • Dorias wanted marriage with Omerta to establish solid relationship between the two.
    • Instead listening to the ambassador she glanced at table across the room. Ruby, Cesare, Alfonso and her father. 'What a bizarre combination' she thought.
    • Ruby stole her attention because of her constant eating show.
    "Have you ever visited Dorias, Princess?"
    "It was a shame, I never had a chance, Sir."
    • Then Ivan striding toward her.
    "Princess"
    "Sir Ivan."
    • The ambassador permitted himself. Elenia staring back at Ruby. Ater finishing the several tart, she now eating chocholate souffle and strawberry pudding.
    • Ivan also found Ruby strange.
    "Did Madam always have such a good appetite?"
    • Elenia lifted her eyes and found Ivan had been staring at her face. He then laughed. She asked him what he laughed about.
    • Ruby at the other side, after finishing her drink, she got up. Elenia felt her heart flutter. 'Is she going to vomit?'
    • She going to persue her but realized that it was stupid idea. Elenia decided to join Freya and her friends.
    "What took you so long?"
    Freya said while folding her arms.
    "I bump into Dorias ambassador."
    • Elenia tried to follow the conversation, but her brother request to keep an eye on Cesare Valentino made her uncomfortable.
    • She looked at Ruby's table. But only two person left on that table.
    • After rinsed her mouth, Ruby walked out from the bathroom.
    • Cesare already stood outside waiting for her. He asked her whether she could show him her beautiful garden.
    • She felt reluctant to show him her precious place, but had no reason to not show it either. They walked together to her garden.

10. Jusstinee

Jusstinee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Izek is one of the ML who doesn't have a "misunderstanding and miscommunication" on his dictionary.

and also gotta shout out "Galar". He is a muscular Angel for me for Ruby :LOL: His little actions like, getting the first one to get the drink off on Ruby every gathering. It's like his testing the drink if it's poison or what. Tho' atleast for me it does seem like it. And also for getting angry on behalf Ruby. When they go to the Frost Wolf. And also his like always on watch to Ruby.

also gotta rant why the Besterd Caesare is handsome. I know he is psychotic but atleast make him a little ugly. Ugh... Although I know it's like the saying don't judge the book by it's cover, you will never know a person base on the appearance.

11. kae1104

kae1104 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translation has reached chapter 100 and it’s about to hit the climax

12. Aron Dare

Aron Dare Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly think that this timeline's Ruby is also the OGtimeline Ruby! I can't explain why and how, but my gut is totally pointing towards it :blob_coffee:

13. seunghosshlong

seunghosshlong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    haha should have specified it "when does freya betch frame mc with the tea incident"

14. seoktonin

seoktonin burning eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    good news!!!
    RUBY PREGNANT IN CHAPTER 143!!

15. Jenyffer

Jenyffer Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now i want to know what happened to that bitch freya..she infuriates me

Thank you so much for the spoiler. Im on episode 100 and i just cant sleep (lol) without at least knowing what's gonna happen next. Im sad about Enzo thou

16. tammilicious

tammilicious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha me too. I want to go inside the novel and personally hand over Freya to the ogres

AplCina, chiri.ru and DOHere like this.