Spoiler How to Get My Husband on My Side -남편을 내 편으로 만드는 방법

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ShugoTenshi, May 24, 2021.

1. StaySomnie

StaySomnie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

LMAOOOOO HELL YEAH RUBY YOU GO GIRL

2. hestiareads

hestiareads Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jeez i want her to suffer the way the villain girl in Sacrificed did. Shxxxxt....

Some people do really be thinking that victims let themselves be weak, irl and not; as if they don't want to escape the endless cycle of abuse.

3. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Misery, self-compassion, alienation, solitude, rejection, death, pain, violence, fear, coercion and shame...
    A sheltered woman who had never personally experienced any of this was now arguing with me."
    WHY DOES RUBY HAS TO THINK SO MUCH AMD TALK SO LITTLE??This would be an awesome comeback!!!

4. Who_just_who

Who_just_who New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was one of the most disappointing novel/manhwa ive ever read.for few reasons

1- non of the villains get what they deserved , even firing the head maid or a little punishment would have been great but no ..
    They show the husband like a tyrant but they are bullying her and he do nothing , he's like a useless op accessory in the stoey .
    2- many parts are rushed , the Arthur just added many things and never used them ( like husband)
    3- she had a beautiful relationship with monsters but it was never actually used .
    4- aside from mc non of the characters had any good character development , just a bad back story for some of them to make them look reasonable .

If i didn't like the story i would have been way better but now that i actually like it i feel way more disappointed.

5. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m glad Ruby is telling her off while bitch slapping her. Freya is such an over privilege dunce who looks down on people who have a harder time. It’s honestly disgusts me how she blames Ruby.

Something I’m a little confused by is does Freya like Izek and that’s why she hates Ruby or does she just want to be Queen of North and that’s why she wants to marry Izek? Also does Lorenzo (I think that’s the name of Freya’s brother) ever get his punishment on screen, so to speak, or do we just hear about it? (Other than Izek choking him out lol)

6. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I got, Freya doesn't love Izek. Her entitled a$$ just dreams to be queen. Before she found out abt the abuse, she actually told Ruby how she had such a cozy life like a princess that she'll be ok divorcing Izek. But it was actually her that lived a carefree happy life and knows no hardships. Now that she found out the truth about Ruby's life she just changed her story. Like "Oh, you have a shitty life, well, it's your fault anyway". End of the deal, it doesn't matter actually if she has a good life or not, she should just get out of Freya' s way.
    lord-give-me-patience-because-if-you-give-me-strength-50140950.png
    She falls for Enzo later. I wish he was still alive and turned this piece of shit down.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  7. veryverylucky

veryverylucky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grateful for all the people giving us unbiased spoilers in this spoiler thread!!! Please do share more! Also very curious of ch 143/side stories if any! Thank you!

Le_Tired and luliibunny like this.
  8. Lovingme

Lovingme Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is this happy ending?

9. Arcrea

Arcrea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on the other spoiler. Yes, it is.

10. YuviellaHart

YuviellaHart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ouch must be painful for Freybtch being directly told about how delusional and pathetic she is :blobjoy:

And the fun part is, Izek and Elenia will definitely choose Ruby's side this time so go fk her up Ruby!

greeneyedfairy likes this.
  11. hestiareads

hestiareads Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my gosh definitely THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^!

rairia17, Serphinalily and chjh_927 like this.
  12. Starvenus

Starvenus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading Freya righteous speech makes me thing Enzo is so ‘lucky’ to die. He dodge a bullet there.
    Only people who grows up in a loving environment where she is the center of everything, people look up to her, idolize her, have not facing any difficulty in life would be able to utter the BS she speaks.

The shade she tries to justify really masking her true feeling.
    SHE being with him all her life STILL CANNOT GET HIM.

13. elyacuty

elyacuty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone spoil more on Ruby’s pregnancy? :blobnosebleed:

ltsanchai and veryverylucky like this.
  14. Max_Ruby

Max_Ruby Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I come here every hour everyday waiting for the new spoiler, mtl or tl. Anyting is okee, I don't know why I'm so obsessed with this novel

15. Sybella

Sybella Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently obsessed with this novel ❣️

16. JuniperBluePen

JuniperBluePen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    **DISCUSSION**
    Thank you so much for addressing some very real issues that happen here in the novel! When considering the bigger picture and through the context of psychology, then the FL and ML's thought process and subsequent actions make sense as flawed as they are. ALSO!! One story to read in order to understand perception bias is Edgar Allen Poe's The Black Cat. Just as in Poe's story, the FL here is not a very reliable narrator because she's telling us, the audience, her story as she perceives it through a warped and twisted lens. Her understanding of people to people interactions are defined by how her families shaped her in both her past and current lives. IRL people have their beliefs and worldviews drastically changed when under duress even if just isolated to those interactions for a few weeks- she had to suffer through that over the course of two lifetimes. Even if people reading this novel haven't experienced similar trauma, which I hope you all never will, if you take on a psychological perspective, it's not that hard to see that the author took on quite some length to make this much more realistic than most.

Yes, there are moments of drama that helps us remember that this is fiction. But otherwise, this is well written, even Freya. Because I swear, having worked in behavioral units in hospitals, there are all sorts of people I've met who are similar to all these characters, and yes, including Freya. And unfortunately, there do exist people who will never change; it's sad but also a realistic, major flaw.

As a matter of fact, characters who don't have flaws in their personality or actions are in reality the most flawed and irl, they're the most scary to me. People who don't show outward flaws are most likely hiding them too well or are boardering on psychopathic. So perfect ML gentlemen aren't actually perfect. The ML here also experienced major trauma himself and his initial conclusion of the FL was based on the bias he learned from imperfect information and therefore, his first reaction to her is again flawed but understandable.

Now the major difference I want everyone to understand is this: writing about the reality of crappy and mean-spirited, flawed and biased people existing is VERY different from writing in promotion of normalizing and enabling said people. The author was certainly not doing the latter and as many have commented, the ML apologized on multiple occasions over his initial behavior. He also actively sought to correct his mistakes the moment he realized something was amiss after the stable incident. That was very early on.

Long story short, the author here is writing the characters better than most other ones I've seen.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  17. Brown sugar

Brown sugar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As much as i blame the ML and the females around him i give the MC part of the blame I know it might be cause of the Trauma she suffered at her home but u don't know why did she hide that she was being bullied??? Why did she have to stick and rub on the ML and the FL????this kind of trope just rubs me the wrong way when our MC is the victim but instead she has to grovel for some ppl :facepalm:just because they are the main characters of the book she read:blobpopcorn_two: do they never consider standing up for themselves :blobpensive: sometimes i would like for them to be shameless and try doing everything to prove their innocence u had been groveling for a long time and nothing changed maybe it's time to consider a change in the strategy

18. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Freya has asked very similar question… No offence but it’s very ignorant to expect an abuse victim to behave and think like a mentally strong person who’s living without any troubles and knows their worth.
    First of all people who are systematically abused tend to hide this because they feel ashamed to be in this situation and in most cases they believe that they are at fault and have caused the abuse. This is why those who have been rescued from abusive relationships have to go through a long therapy to overcome their trauma and change their views on what’s ok and what’s not and on their position in the world.

MC has experience living in our modern life, so she understands that it’s not ok to be abused, and that she’s not at fault and it’s just bad luck, but in her new life she’s unfortunately a daughter of one of the most powerful man on their continent, so even if people around her believe her story, they can do nothing against her abusers. Moreover she might get even worse abuse if her family knows that she’s ruining their image, so she’s saving her life and health by walking on the eggshells and pretending that nothing is wrong.

Even MC’s husband and his family have to be cautious of the Pop and his powers, so telling them wouldn’t help to solve her problem. In the beginning MC didn’t know them well to share her story, and they didn’t seem interested in her that much and probably wouldn’t have believed her because of her public image. After she became close with her husband she was afraid that he’ll judge her and will be disappointed in her when he learns the truth about her abuse and it would break her heart.

19. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Firstly, most people wouldn't believe her, because what they know is she's loved by her family. She did grow close to Izek and his sister enough for them to believe her, but only later, not from the beginning.

Secondly, no one would have helped her anyway. Who cared about her? No one. Even if they did, they didn't have the power to go against the high priest and the holy church.

Thirdly, she said (in her thoughts) that she feels ashamed of the way she was abused. Because everyone, including Izek thought she was a beloved lady who lived a beautiful lush life and they might think less of her if they find out that wasn't the case. This is normal behavior and mentality for a victim.
    Of course, Izek isn't like this, but the thing is, there are actually other people who are. Even in the manhwa in the banquet chapters she thought of those people kissing up to her and how they'd laugh at her if they found out how she's just a toy for her family, just a chess piece who nobody cares about.

Lastly, she's the one who planned to get beaten by Caesar and get "caught". This was immediately after she realised Izek really loved her (she wasn't just his first love that he'd grow tired of anytime now, like other people said) and she loved him. It shows she fully trusts him at this point. And while she was beaten, she explained(in her thoughts again) how she made sure Freya saw her leave with Cezar, knowing she'd call Izek and how he should come any minute now and that she's sorry to make him experience this sight.

And how was she supposed to stand up for herself against the pope and Caesar from her childhood?? Using what? When she protested, she was beaten. She already explained that this is not a world in which a single lady could make a living for herself(so she couldn't run away and live alone), plus her family would look for her (and beat her worse again when they found her, of course). She's someone who trembles and has a seizure at the mere sight of a whip. If you haven't ever been abused, don't speak for others.
    She was already doing her best by sucking up to her hated abusers and hiding her true thoughts. That was truly the best thing she could do in that situation, unless she preferred death.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
  20. pearlcloudi

pearlcloudi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember, MC has been abused in 2 lifetimes. This is not a trope, its actually the author doing a good job of portraying an ab*se victim. Ab*se victims, especially ones that have been ab*sed for a long cannot simply be "shameless" and "stand up for themselves". And ML isn't really at fault either. He was the first to notice abuse signs, told his sister to watch over MC and Cesare. He's also pretty cold and rude to everybody. Although Freya is his "childhood friend" he actually doesn't give a damn about her, especially when she poisoned herself. In his monologue after the incident he actually is just worrying whether he hurt MC's feelings over that lmao.