How to Make Better Rating System?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Lswarmruler, Oct 9, 2017.

1. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ban people who read IRAS,GDW and similar novels from rating/reviewing and it will be perfect.

Lswarmruler likes this.
  2. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
  3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It's easy enough to find out who is 1 starring all Qidian novels upon release instantly, kind of an impossible coincidence you 1 star every single novel they have.

Lswarmruler likes this.
  4. Daily Prog

Daily Prog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like they say.. "The flaw for every system is the human who operating it"

No. as far as I know there's no other way to do this. If you make it quite bothersome. people would stop rating it. but if you make it easy things like "fan boys" or someone who just joking around would disturb it.. You could also infer from implicit rating(like how many times they clicking the novel,or they go to the link of some novel).. but it would be too bothersome to create that.. and the database would be too big which would make everything complicated

5. raven

raven What to type?

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it would be best to let the translator explain or express why he/she is translating so with this summary we can understand whether the novel is up to our tastes or not.
    What I mean is like the translator definitely knows how the novel is so he/she can give us the exact idea of it.

Lswarmruler likes this.
  6. Mordreth

Mordreth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this another one of thoe, "I disagree with a rating, so rate it things my way, waaaaa!" posts?

7. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Review bomb? Lol... I hope no one tries that, because @Tony manually approves all reviews.

Poor guy will have to spend his afternoon rejecting them.

8. hihi2k16

hihi2k16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about insted of a new rating and review system make it so the reviews that are between 2.5 and 3.5 appear first. They are the least biesed as they normaly show the good and bad points of a novel not just saying it's not even worth looking at or it's the best with no flaws.

9. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, though I know where you came from. I don't think we have a better system available to replace the current one.

10. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You shouldn't be judging a novel based on ratings or reviews. ... Completely ignore the ratings, and read the reviews for information, not opinions. That's it. Above all, if you get mixed feelings, just give it a shot. And don't quit on the first chapter unless it's horrible. If it's just meh, give the novel at least ten chapters or so to draw you in. Some are late bloomers.

11. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    Use a weighted scoring system. Who says everyone voice should be equal? The optimum case is where mine is 1 and the others is 0.

12. sidiusn

sidiusn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as long as humans are involved in the rating system it will never be accurate. Since humans a a different opinion in what they like, a novel. movie or game i love somone might not like or outright hate. and that is why you should take all reviews and ratings with a pinch of salt. they will always be in the opinion of the one who wrote it. many try to write objective but there is only so much you can write in that way without your own opinion inferfering with the review

13. Wayang Emperor The First

Wayang Emperor The First 《The First Loli》《Cute Little Kid♡》

Reading List:
    Link
    So your blood is healing material then? LOL JK~☆

14. Yaoikun

Yaoikun The other Red Siblings | Cursed Black Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Use blob rating

Westeller likes this.
  15. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well tbh you should never judge a novel due to it's star rating, i mean, earlier i saw a completely new novel, i think it had 1 chapter, with a 1 star rating. If you have to judge a novel on something before reading it, it should always be the synopsis, latest chapter discussion or long reviews (both good and bad, since they actually explain the pros/cons, instead of just making a 1 star review saying ''i don't like it, it's shit''

16. He

He Stop using the net, you net addict.

Reading List:
    Link
    Introduce rating over time. If someone rates on early chapter, it may be that the early chapter is bad, and they choose to read no further. So, in any case, they are justified in their opinion.

Suppose that someone does rate a chapter a three from chapter 1-20, and change his/her vote to 4, it is still true that he/she think that the rating 3 is justified for early chapter.

Now, how do we balance this? Suppose that we want to know whether the novel is good or bad, maybe we can weigh the early rating so that the most recent rating is the more representative, like an autoregressive model. The further someone reads, the bigger the weight of their rating, and vice versa. The complication here is whether the rating will be biased downward as usually the one dissatisfied is the most vocal about their rating. Also, this creates inconvenience to the user, as they are expected to change their value in rating when their inner opinion shift. For long series in which the user are having stockpiled chapter, they may enter the rating change after they read, which leads, again, to the estimation being biased.

17. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's a bit like reviews on steam, some people giving negative reviews with reasons like ''it didn't work'' even tho alot of other people can play it, or people having played a game for less than an hour giving a negative review. Never trust a review unless there's actually been put in some thought

18. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Im voting this if i can

Also this

Lswarmruler likes this.
  19. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    Go with steam review, it's far from perfect but a lot better than number rating.
    And ppl should be forced to write some words before they can vote.
    That way it more likely that those that are thought out whether to are positive or negative review can be voted up as usefull.
    And shit ones like " this novel suck" can be voted down.
    (and yes I know that there prob'ly be enough chidian haters that "chidian suck, dis novel suck dont read" type reviews can be voted up.)

Lswarmruler likes this.
  20. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Westeller likes this.