How to read Chinese LNs on CDYT.com

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Alymirra, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Alymirra

Alymirra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello!!

I've recently been reading a lot of light novels on Flying Lines and there are some that I am so excited for I want to MTL them. These novels are so obscure(?) that I can only find one website, www.cdyt.com, that seems to host them. However you can only read the first half of each chapter unless you download their app.

I downloaded the app but since I can't actually read Chinese I got completely lost on the user interface. The app that downloads is called 应用宝 and it is very confusing for me because based on the pictures, it looked more like an app that lets you install other apps through it (is that even a thing?) rather than a reading app.

I couldn't find any information on this app on NU Forums so I'm posting a question here. If someone has this app or doesn't mind getting it and showing me the basics of how to use it I would be extremely grateful!!!

I don't know if it would be helpful but these are the novels I am trying to find the raws for atm:
    Can’t Afford to Offend My Scheming Disciple (穿书之黑化徒弟惹不起) and A Jinx and His Lethal Python Lover (蟒蛇挚爱之亲爱的别哭).

Thank you so much for anything you know!

2. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not familiar with it but are you sure you downloaded their app?

3. Sheng Ling

Sheng Ling 【Translator】

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm is it this? https://photos.app.goo.gl/jDw86jSahTfQJgfL7

4. Sheng Ling

Sheng Ling 【Translator】

Reading List:
    Link
  5. emiliers

emiliers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right that cdyt is the official place to read these stories, and the app it gets you to download is an app depository (think google play), and from there, you need to find the cdyt app and download it. This is a common thing with Chinese novel websites honestly (I think only Jinjiang gives an apk, gongczip/Chang Pei also made me do the same thing).

FYI, the logo for cdyt says it's called 阅听文学 (Yueting Literature), if that helps you look for the app...

Sheng Ling likes this.
  6. Sheng Ling

Sheng Ling 【Translator】

Reading List:
    Link
    erm those apps are either Qidian's Chinese app(起点小说) or the 免费小说大全 i guess..

7. derpgently

derpgently New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This may be unrelated, but I do find I keep finding 'syosetsu' in the results when highlighting+searching Japanese WN titles.

If it's possible to find the novel online with google or duckduckgo, your browser (I use Chrome) can pipe the results through Google Translate. Of course, I also use various browser plugins that break sites, and if you do as well, you may need to disable a few and then selectively re-enable things, to get the translator working.

I find that though a little irritating in places, the translations are very comprehensible when you review context a bit.

So... plugging the original Chinese/Japanese/Korean/etc. characters into a web search (or as I frequently do from here, highlight one of the 'Associated Names' in the 'Description' page on NU, right-click, and pick 'Search...'. Almost always, that list will contain the author's real WN site near the top of the list of results. Then you only need to visit it and see it 'Google Translate' works.

Since I'm typing this on a Chromebook, I'm not gonna check with other browsers, but it does work with Chrome, anyways.

8. rh_rpg

rh_rpg Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just google chinese novel name ptwxz dot com or piaotian