Discussion How to run away?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bad Storm, Sep 19, 2019.

?

Is running away to another country an option? (You know the language)

1. Yup

44.0%
  2. Nope

20.2%
  3. Well, it is if you live in a backwater country

33.3%
  4. Another country? Whut's that? Can I eat it?

19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Capt. Katz

Capt. Katz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You need a visa/passport. It depends on what country you're goin to cause some don't need an actual visa, just a passport.

2. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Also without a working visa, depends on which country and the hospital policy, you can be denied of admittance.

Meloman likes this.
  3. ICe

ICe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as has been said: prep, prep prep.
    also always a good thingh to be in good physical condition. half a year to get some training in, even if just to have the stamina and speed to run when needed ;) (can prove very useful depending on what job you can get)
    scout out which place exactly you wanna move to, and find out which areas are safe to live/walk trough and which to stay away from.
    organise everything you can remotly before arriving/ the last step of actually running away. that includes the mentioned visa and work related permits, check what you need to live/work there permanently. find out situation of social security and insurances in case of health issues. considder anything that will leave a paper trail like accounts in banks, online, on any kind of platform and such.
    get a burner phone not conected to you in a paper trail so if your past wants to catch you it will have a harder time.
    do all research and anything at all related to where you go and need the internet for on a device your problems (ppl) have no access to.
    when actually running leave a false trail and bring a bad to put a change or more of clothes a cap, sunglasses/fake glasses, maybe even fast hair dye and change your appearance at least once on the way (including changes of posture or carrying onesself if you wanna go the extra mile). if possible more than once and in between the key points of the journey like in between changing flights. (those extreme measures only apply if the past is going to try and catch up very hard). there is an interesting video of an ex mi5 woman who was in charge of disguises, forgot what is was called though, sorry. (youtube recommendations are very interesting sometimes XD)
    if i recall anything i missed this time around ill edit it in later.
    hope this helps

4. Xigua

Xigua Unknown member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you were running away in the US, I would recommend getting:

Government assistance - if you're under 18 and living alone, you have the right to apply for food stamps indefinitely. Usually this would be somewhere around $100/month.

Transportation - find a way to secure transportation--could be a bike, could be public transit. You do you.

A job - money for alcohol to drink your problems away

If you don't have a place to stay, buy a gym pass. Usually comes with a shower and a locker to store your stuff.

Wrong about what?

5. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You must have healthy legs to use your last card
    NIGERUNDAYO giphy (1).gif

6. Emmyy

Emmyy Kadupul flower* blooms at midnight*dies at dawn

Reading List:
    Link
    @Bad Storm curious.. Im avoiding rl right now haha:p..why the hypothetical scenario ? Seriously you weren't thorough in pertinent details...what are they running away from? If they are legal age wouldn't it be..'I want a change of scenery I am going to relocate.'

7. Emmyy

Reading List:
    Link
    Texas having low crime rate

8. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh lmao OP already said they would be from the said country right at the beginning of the thread...sorry...I was so sleepy...no visa problems then.

Though now I’m curious because nuffians seem very knowledgeable about getting away from their countries. I wonder how many are expats...

OceanMagix likes this.
  9. ICe

ICe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol
    u just need to read and watch tv to find a lot of stuff, or the big bad internet with one question you will be burried in results. personal experience optional ;P

OceanMagix likes this.
  10. Emmyy

Reading List:
    Link
    Screenshot_2019-09-19-16-15-23~2.png
    @Xigua

11. Si Kucing

Si Kucing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep guns are responsive measure not preventive and yes the criminals had the element of surprise what important is to quickly recover from the surprise, and act decisively without hesitation....... now i know it won't guarentee us 100% safety..... but it could raise our chances to fight off mugger in case u met one.......

Well.... in some contry in southeast asia...... here....... they could suddenly slash u from behind with a machette, took ur stuff and run off with their bike...... all of this happened in less than 10 seconds and if u're unlucky enough, these criminals might decided finish u off before they leave so..... yeah...... guns control are very strict here but my uncle had one for, well, just in case anything life threatening happened

12. PenguinXeus

PenguinXeus Just A Penguin, Kigurumi Wakuseijin

Reading List:
    Link
    kill the one causing the bad situation back at home in an 'accidental' death,

even if you are caught from the police you get meal daily and rent free housing.

running away to another country is hard, living in another country as foreigner is even harder. its hard to get job, then dont have money to pay rent, you dont have anywhere to stay.

well unless you went crime route then it depend on your ability and willingness to commit crime.

13. Emmyy

Reading List:
    Link
    The time it would take you to recover from the surprise you probably would be dead..and they would also steal.your gun.
    I think a person should avoid dangerous situations and be aware

14. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did you get that diagram from? Is it recent? Who did the observational study? Linking a source would be better. (Not trying to be mean. Just using my critical thinking skills. :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:)

Bad Storm, ICe and Emmyy like this.
  15. Emmyy

Reading List:
    Link
    https://muninetguide.com/u-s-state-crime-rates/
    January 2018 @AMissingLinguist ..haha its NUF but you are right:p:eek::p

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  16. Si Kucing

Si Kucing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably..... if i didn't react quick enough i wouldn't, if they decided to quickly kill me first before taking my stuff i wouldn't, if they managed to hit my vital area i wouldn't, but if they didn't if i react soon after realizing i was in danger then i would had a better chance to survive with a gun rather than without it.......

I'm just saying, keep a weapon to be used in case of emergencies to increase ur chances........ knife and stunt gunt needs to be at point blank, pepper spray needs to be aimed at the face, guns could be aimed at the body which is wider and not be at point blank.....

Edit: i myself kept a steel baton inside my jacket...... dunno if i would have the time to use it when something unexpected happened...... but if i could, i'm still worried cuz of it's short range.....

17. hypercylon22

hypercylon22 Actually a Burrito

Reading List:
    Link
    Living in the us, I can try GTA to Canada or Mexico, but Mexico too hot and Canada too cold. And too far. And I be wanted criminal. Oh and mexican cartels so that's out.

18. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that is the case. Protag was born on that country but his parents are foreigners. Now, the said parents decided to go back to their home country, think Somalia or the like, and live in the countryside. Now, Protag felt miserable due to circumstances and wants to run away. So he bids his time until he becomes of age.

The chance for the other country escape plan is possible because, the family is going to have a vacation on the other country. Protag wants to escape then.
    Hmm... Random thought xD

Is the details above enough? As for the problem with the home. The protag isn't respected at all. Tho there aren't any physical abuse, he feels miserable in the parent's home country.

Emmyy likes this.
  19. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why I never really planned to run away though I've been thinking about it since childhood.

20. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    But isn't creating another identity too troublesome? Why not run away as yourself?