Question How to Survive As a Villain (HSAV) - end of misunderstandings? (novel spoilers inside!) - ANSWERED

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by monozuki, Jun 17, 2021.

1. monozuki

monozuki Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you've not read the novel yet, be warned that what I ask about can be considered SPOILERS for the middle part of the novel!

Hi,

I'm currently reading HSAV and just wanted to ask people who have already read it: when will these damned misunderstandings finally end? Seriously! I've just had enough, I can't take it and if they don't finally bloody TALK with each other soon, I'm afraid I'll just fling my phone out the window out of sheer frustration!

So, I'm currently on chapter 119, when they came down from the mountain and LSL called XYA husband in front of YHQ.. I was already skimming through chapters for about 5-10 past chaps due to frustration, but when I got to this, I just stopped. After googling it was writtem somewhere that these keep on (along with XYA still persisting in treating YHQ as 'the male lead' and trying to get him his harem) until YHQ confesses to XYA. When is that? As in, which chapter?

I don't want to keep skimming the chapters, coz overall I really like this novel and it's a waste. And I thought I can handle the misunderstandings tag, but this? This is just too much.

Before anyone says it, I do know why - within the story - XYA would do this to some extent: the war arc, his guilt over the deaths of his people. I do know it. But, at the same time, I just feel that that's not what this is, not at this point at least! To me this stopped making sense in that context a good while back; now it's just an annoying plot device that serves to artificially extend the "drama" and "suspense" over 'will they/won't they?' and just uses cheap devices (both MC and ML using *purposefully* vauge phrases that allow the misunderstandings to keep on going, the voice-changing fruit, LSL calling XYA husband etc..) to pad the chapter count.

I guess my hope is that this ends within the next 10-15 chapters and then finally focuses on sth worthwhile like them building a relationship, figuring out how to make things work, or some other overarcing plot. But if the whole second part of the book is built around misunderstandings instead, then I think I'll just drop this altogether and find something else to read.

Thank you,
    monozuki

*edit*

I'm going to answer my own question here, because I went back and skimmed through until I found it, after all. I wasn't too far from it, too! I'm going to leave it here, for anyone who might have the same gripe with the novel in the future.

They FINALLY talk with each other in chapters 122-123, which methodically clears up all of the misunderstandings, aside from XYA still being completely wrong about YHQ's feelings. And then YHQ clears that misunderstanding up in chapter 134!

Hopefully, the plot gets back on track!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021