Discussion How will you Level Up In The World?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's my first thread for the new decade! Enjoy my boredom as you see fit.

You have been modified. Not just you, but everyone in the world has been modified by a higher power from another dimension. The modifications become apparent as you all begin to know things you haven't before the sudden change. You somewhat know leveling up in the world is your primary goal, but whether you will follow through or not is up to you. Will you continue to live your present life or follow the one given to you now, your second life? The world is still the same by its exterior, excluding the fact everyone is now truly equal in gaining their own luxurious life by whatever means necessary. Chaos is slowly unfurling beneath the false peace that modern society abides. Soon, there shall be a new order or full on anarchy in the closing future. How will you level up in the world?

Brief Q&A
    How to level up?
    Leveling up is only possible through increasing your skills proficiency.

How to increase your skills proficiency?

Only possible through acquiring experience inside you.

How to acquire experience?

By obtaining it from others or by yourself.

What are levels?

Levels are the parameters set to differentiate lower or higher lifeforms.

What are skills?

Skills are literally everything active and passive in the world. For example, even [breathing] is a skill. [Breathing] is a type-3 skill. Type-1 skills are actives only, type-2 skills are passive only, and type-3 skills are interchangeable.

What is experience?

Experience is literally karma, thus, the memories of lifeforms. You can acquire experience by just doing everyday life, as there are no right or wrongs in obtaining experience. For example, learning a new skill such as [sprinting] is possible by three methods. First, you can learn from others by observation or being taught; second, learn it by yourself; third, transfer one's experience to another through karmic related skills or like [murder]. Experience is boundlessly transferable from anything to anyone. Hence, [murder] an athlete, become an athlete.

Warnings!
    You cannot change your sex. You cannot live forever. You cannot be truly invincible as others will likely madly acquire skills for their own goals. Everyone's skills are fair game, so rob or be robbed.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    mir, Ai chan and Arash1 like this.
  2. sokmean

sokmean Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just write a book man.

mangoberry and mir like this.
  3. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't write characters. World building and powers are okay with me, but character interaction and event progression is a big no for me. Thus, I can't write a storybook. Let me savor my insufferable stagnation in rotting peace.

mir likes this.
  4. sokmean

sokmean Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    too Bad but the system you have there would’ve interesting to explore. And how it mentally change a normal person. It would be cool to see it done right for once

mir likes this.
  5. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Get a boyfriend. Take him home. Grab a knife. Stab boyfriend. Bury him in the neighbour's lawn.

Rinse and repeat. The police won't do anything. There will be a lot of murders going on and there will not be enough police to handle it. Ai-chan is very good at keeping things discrete.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  6. sokmean

sokmean Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Master the axe.train the body everyday and learn to meditate to release stress and trauma .Learn how to use a gun, to cook , make weapon. Learn how to use many martial art decently so I know people who try to use it against me.
    I will kill bad peoples or decently people who try to kill my friend and family because It chaotic time it hard to know people back story. Wear armor most of the time. I will kill animal that has useful skill. Regeneration, echolocation, strong metabolism, strength, agility, or extra.

7. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ll just carry on as usual. I think I’ll be a bit lazy to actively level myself up. But having said that I do at times have really random thoughts and and overactive imagination. So when I have sudden inspiration I might try random things and obsess over trying different things out. So who knows, I might suddenly become a powerful guy overnight~

8. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    First get a stealth skill and status hiding skill. Act like a low level and grind exp through diligence. Who would want to kill someone low level with mundane everyday skills that everyone can get just by living. The exp gained isn't worth the effort.
    Its important to hide any rare skills or high level ones, because there could be someone with observation skills and they might not be good. Don't want to be a target when low level. Retaliate only when in a situation that at least 80% you can win. When you're weak in a world of chaos, being a snake seems like can make you survive longer.

9. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Zheya
    Question! \o
    Is it just humans that have been modified, or is it every living thing?
    If everything, then.... maybe become a hunter...
    Gain abilities that humans don't have, gain exp without attracting authorities (while they are still functioning), avoid some guilt, and learn how to live away from everyone ahead of the incoming explosion of chaos. (And quietly set up my internet connection in the wilderness somehow)

10. mangoberry

mangoberry beatsaber is too addictive...

Reading List:
    Link
    i get the skills laziness and procrastination, therefore no one will want them therefore i get the good life(lazy life)

11. icerror

icerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since there's no upper limit to skill gain or level cap, it's just going to be a murder fest. So:

Band up, get that populous juice pumping, join the inevitable demise of modern society. Raise/follow a figurehead, acquire connection, settle for 3rd-ish place in influence within the org, aiming to be secretly op, dump the troublesome tasks to others, take little credits, hit them high level with the classic knife in the back or food in their poison, sow discord, hoard old knowledge and realize the VR dream, raise an opposition(either hero/villain), maintain status quo, oppress the mass, STAY ALIVE, keep a nest egg.

Playing it out until the emergence of new centralized authority. Then breadcrumb them, invest in the institution, eliminate undesirables, establish a legit front, do impression of a barmaster, keep the new peace, retire.

12. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Only humans, because adding other creatures to the equation would make into another gene cultivation world WHICH has been done too many times.