Discussion How would you feel, if enemy was super stronger then protagonist?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kgggdkp2012, May 19, 2020.

1. kgggdkp2012

kgggdkp2012 Void ReapeR(8th grade syndrome patient)

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking if Their was an enemy that was stronger then protagonist. He has special powers granted by heavens and already had better physique and magic?
    Enemy doesn't even consider protagonist a threat and don't give shit about him.
    Protagonist, Doesn't have power granted by heavens.
    How would you feel?
    will you shit on authour?, feel sad for protagonist, drop the novel or anything.

imK and Deleted member 125960 like this.
  2. bloodsword

bloodsword Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It happens in some novels but in that case the protagonist doesn't fight the antogonist at that moment , he bids his time and they fight when the protagonist feels like he caught up to the antagonist

vlue, Elkon and kgggdkp2012 like this.
  3. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh? why would anyone do that lol.

4. Jden

Jden Well-known Dorse

Reading List:
    Link
    It's great lol, helps protagonist develop.

Elkon and kgggdkp2012 like this.
  5. Fahmfir

Fahmfir Beginner Town NPC

Reading List:
    Link
    The most important in Thirty-Six Stratagems
    If all else fails, retreat

asriu, vlue, Elkon and 4 others like this.
  6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link

It's okay, the protagonist has plot armor.

Vampire Maiden, Elkon and kgggdkp2012 like this.
  7. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn’t that the whole point of most hero novels? The enemy is super strong so the protagonist has to work hard and train to defeat them. If the protagonist is already stronger than the enemy then they could just defeat them in the first chapter...

Elkon, Nightow1 and kgggdkp2012 like this.
  8. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you just describe every Wuxia novel in existence? I don't think anyone has enough shit for all of the authors, by the time you divide it all up, every one would probably only get one or even half a molecule of shit.

kgggdkp2012 likes this.
  9. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it would help for the protag to work hard and get stronger. Or use their brains to create an intricate plan to defeat the enemy. Or use the power of friendship to find strong comrades to gang up the enemy or use for sacrifice for power ups lol.
    The story would be more fun than OP protag since there more possibilities for how the plot will goes.

Vampire Maiden likes this.
  10. norach212

norach212 Unknown being

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends of how the MC deals with that situation. If the MC goes around offending the antagonist or their group despite of that just to make the story more "thrilling". Then i would like to slap the author right on their face.

kgggdkp2012 likes this.
  11. Zafar900

Zafar900 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a novel that perfectly fits your description... Lord of the Mysteries, lemme tell you that the antagonist named Amon is way waaaayyy more OP than the MC, but all the readers unanimously agree that he is awsome.

kgggdkp2012 likes this.
  12. norach212

norach212 Unknown being

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, Amon is OP.

13. Deleted member 125960

Deleted member 125960 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like it if the antagonist was stronger.

14. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes you get something like berserk ....

Let me give you a background on that...
    I got berserk CDs from my friend, unfortunately, the first CD was scratched up, so i can only watch later episodes. So there I was, watching medieval knight story. As I was progressing, things get a little weird... in my head: but hey, this is normal, probably they are introducing magic.

Then I got to the part where Griffin turns into a God... I went WTF!!!!! Full hentai scene, tentacle and dic|< monsters, massacre....

THEN I SEARCHED THE INTERNET...
    That was I learned berserk was no knight story .....

moral of the story... Chinese authors will never go that far ... Japanese authors on the other hand are a bunch of lunatics....
    If you keep that mindset in your head, you should be fine not as fvcked as I was unable to sleep at night...

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  15. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Then the Protagonist trains, foils up the villain plans if there being done by his underlings and retreat from the villain if they personally show up?

16. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to Myriad Life, where the story opened with a random supernatural being thrashing MC's daughter birthday, casually killed both the MC and his wife, then proceeded to take the daughter because she is a talented seed.

Up until now, the MC suffered a bit, mostly (semi-permanently) losing body parts, perception, sanity, and generally having countless impending doom stacking on his back, extending to everyone who loved him. All in all, fate (not me I swear) itself hate this guy.

Anyway, to answer the OP, there is someone who wrote a review just to say how miserable the MC is, and it's three paragraphs long.

17. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    I've thought about writing a story where the villain is stronger and better than the protagonist in every way.
    The protagonist runs into the villain and gets stomped.
    The protagonist steadily improves over time as they train and educate themselves to become smarter and stronger.
    They climb the proverbial ladder of success. They finally reach the top.
    ...At the final encounter it turns out they're not quite strong enough to take the villain. They fail/die.
    The villain is saddened to have beaten the protagonist. The protagonist had so much promise!
    The villain continues on their self-destructive path. The rampant alcoholism fuelled by regular bouts of manic depression will probably kill them off sooner rather than later.
    --- THE END ---

I wouldn't care if the villain was better than the protagonist as long as the villain was interesting enough. Well-written characters get me to ignore even the most cavernous of plot holes and whatnot. I just want to read a good story.

kgggdkp2012 likes this.