Discussion How would you lead your nation?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Evil, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Crimson Nanashi

Crimson Nanashi Suu | Loves and protects Master

Reading List:
    Link
    nation is ranked 7th in region for rudest citizens and 8th in region for nicest citizens wtf. so my citizens are nice about being rude?

2. Ale Cole

Ale Cole [FGO Newbie][Uninteresting][Onee-san Searcher]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd send militia to all borders, become a mad genocide to destroy all evil and educate someone so that person can guide the country as I wanted after being imprisoned/sentenced to death.

3. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Nyaa, played it before, got bored after a month everytime. But anyway, hypothetically speaking, if I have my own nation, I would:
    1) Enact Closed Door Policy
    2) Only maintain trade routes with nearby neighbours
    3) Block all internet access apart from Ainet
    4) Maintain regular surveillance of all my people through the use of CCTVs, drones and webcams.
    5) Allow people to talk smack about me in their blogs but at the same time assign a monitor to their daily lives so that I can gather their list of offences and choose the most horrible one for when I want to arrest them one day
    6) Invest heavily on 're-education' technologies and ensure that everyone who goes to jail hating me will leave jail loving me
    7) If there are dissenters, I will capture either the top or someone close to the top, re-educate him and send him back to be my spy. Then have them gather together in a large crowd and fire artillery shells or cruise missiles on their position. Of course, I'll let my spy leave first so that he can become the new leader for those survivors stupid enough to rejoin them. Rinse and repeat until they're all dead.
    8) Train my people to learn the benefits of hard work while ensuring proper benefits are rewarded,
    9) Knock on my neighbours' doors and tell them if they don't give me the land that belonged to my people and was arbitrarily given to them during the colonial era, I'm gonna make sure their cities burn.
    10) Once all my people are properly resocialized, I'll reopen the doors and allow prosperity and technology to enter the land again.

4. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sundenoir has joined.

Edit:
    The Free Land of Sundenoir is a fledgling, orderly nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5 million Sundenoirians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 24.0%.

The Sundenoirian economy, worth 263 billion Meols a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Cheese Exports, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 52,782 Meols, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.

Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, military spending is on the increase, voting is compulsory, and the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sundenoir's national animal is the House Sparrow, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  5. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    I would call upon the demons of Selzar

Life hacks

6. PhantomLily

PhantomLily Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Force them all to download Pokemon Go and authorize a nation-wide hunt for the elusive Mewtwo.

7. IXAzraelXI

IXAzraelXI < Atheistic Angel >

Reading List:
    Link
    loved that movie/tv series

8. Forsaken

Forsaken [Enlightened Darkness] [CuteDevil's niisan]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nation game?
    Sounds interesting, I may check it out when I have time.

9. Evil

Evil Twisted Mirror

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's Reclaim our former glory!

10. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    Became a model Leader a la
    El Presidente :D

11. Evil

Evil Twisted Mirror

Reading List:
    Link
    Then join so we can strike back.
    Password is: NUF

12. Mavericksserial

Mavericksserial Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow, this thread reminded me to save my nation from the trash bin!

Ah, NationStates. I remember spending most of my summer in 2013 playing that game. Fun fact, the very first (and very worst) iteration of what became my web serial originated there. I don't advise trying to find it :p

13. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I played this game years ago...

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=kalzion

The Great Empire of KalZion is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Ongoingwhy with an iron fist, and renowned for its digital currency, punitive income tax rates, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 7.952 billion KalZionians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.

The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Golden City. The average income tax rate is 99.4%.

The frighteningly efficient KalZionian economy, worth a remarkable 2,321 trillion Gold Coins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 291,943 Gold Coins, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,124,895 per year while the poor average 52,106, a ratio of 21.6 to 1.

Corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients, tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects, chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom, and crooks and people with too many kids are being kicked out of the country. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. KalZion's national animal is the Cat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Money Worshipping.​

Arcturus likes this.
  14. Grandpa_World

Grandpa_World Manly Man-Mob Character C-Lovely Hubby of Alexcia

Reading List:
    Link
    I put national animal Planet
    Planets On The Dinner Table?

1. “The fact is, the Planet population is out of control,” says Beef-Based Agriculture spokesperson Arnold McGuffin. “We have to do something about them anyway, so why not market them as tasty snacks? We could have Planet kebabs, Planet pies, Planet-on-a-sticks—the possibilities are endless! Let’s not pass up this golden opportunity to provide a feast, if you will, for our economy.”

2. “I agree that something needs to be done about Planet over-population,” says random passer-by Eve Stark, “but eating them? That’s kind of gross. Let us shoot the ones we have to and shovel their bodies into ditches like normal.”

“I am shocked and appalled!” declares SPCA President Justin Brown. “If anyone needs to be culled, it’s us humans. The Planets were here first, remember? We need to take this as a sign to get our industry—agriculture in particular—to back off. The Planet is part of what makes Hamsters and Planets a great nation!”

15. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I made the rebel headquarters... I think it's really funny that the plural of nuffies is nuffieses apparently~

16. eharper256

eharper256 Purveyor of Dubious Medicinal Elixirs [since 1885]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I just formed my nation. I didn't join NUFland as it appears to be annexed!

The Confederacy of Tessalatoria is a fledgling, pleasant nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. The hard-working population of 5 million Tessalatorians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18.9%.

The strong Tessalatorian economy, worth 266 billion Gold Myriads a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 53,200 Gold Myriads, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.

All major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tessalatoria's national animal is the Lynx, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.

Sounds about right for me in charge, my personal political policy is a mix of strict border control, strong economy and high military prowess with a focus on personal liberty, hard work and scientific progress to motivate the people.

Wujigege likes this.
  17. ishira

ishira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... sound interesting, gonna try it

18. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    Good progress in my first day (year) of leadership! A million new citizens, a vast improvement to the economy (20%!) and the environment simultaneously, and a reduction on the rich-poor buffer with an even more tech-obsessed citizenship. Only mild troubles, with the government downsizing and petty squabbles over land rights. It kinda entertains me that we export wonderful holidays and terrible weapons of destruction in near equal measure as our prime industry now.

The Confederacy of Tessalatoria is a fledgling, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its compulsory military service and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 6 million Tessalatorians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 17.4%.

The Tessalatorian economy, worth 317 billion Gold Myriads a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 52,921 Gold Myriads, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.

There's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles, the new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?", and tech-mad citizens think that the laser-powered bread-slicer uPhone App is the coolest thing since sliced bread. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tessalatoria's national animal is the Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.

19. eharper256

Reading List:
    Link
    After a week of these political shenanigans, my nation now looks like this:

The Confederacy of Tessalatoria is a tiny, efficient nation, notable for its compulsory military service, public floggings, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 14 million Tessalatorians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 22.1%.

The very strong Tessalatorian economy, worth 939 billion Gold Myriads a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Trout Farming. Average income is 67,096 Gold Myriads, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.

The "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Tessalatorians any less frightened, advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Tessalatorians, and the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tessalatoria's national animal is the Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests...

Pretty good, all in all. The economy is 3 times stronger, the population has more than doubled, the average income is up by a third.

Also, don't worry, I won't spam this topic anymore. I just thought it would be interesting to people to see what a weeks play brings.

20. Emy.

Emy. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too lazy for that, me too newb and brain too ded for that