Discussion How would you survive

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Okuri Ookami, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    What will happen to me
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. raysha18

raysha18 [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends,do you get exp from killing insects?
    I have no surgival skills so...
    I guess I will die a horrible death.

3. Get Nepped

Get Nepped Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't, that's how.

4. Wireath

Wireath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some sort of Transmutation ability. Early on, I'd be able to use it to make weapons, shelters, and such; and once I'm used to it enough, I'd try experimenting on living things, then change my muscles and such.

5. jinxs2011

jinxs2011 [Rebel Against Normality][Writer of the Unusual]

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d die on my own in another world, so my epic power will be... A basic knowledge of local plant and animal life (what’s dangerous, edible and so on).
    Once I am able to find myself something to eat and drink (assuming I don’t die in the process) I would attempt to create myself weapons to protect myself with. My first attemps will likely be pointy sticks and clubs. I’m no craftsman, but I’m pretty sure I can do that much.
    I have pretty much zip chance of starting a fire, so I’ll pretty much subsist on plants alone.
    After that, my main concerns will be shelter and warm clothing, since I don’t have the benefits of a fire. Both will be very difficult for me. A cave would be ideal shelter, but finding one that’s uninhabited by wildlife could be nigh impossible depending on the terrain.
    This is about where I’d probably die. To get clothing id need to hunt some animals for their furs/skins, and since I’m no prime specimen of human kind or a hunter, I would almost definitely take some bites or claw attacks in the process of killing something. I could make do with what i have on me to make makeshift bandages, but the real killer would likely be infection. The only thing I have to save me there are vaccinations and a fairly strong immune system, both of which likely would not help in an alien environment. I am confidant I could remain calm and composed enough to wash the wounds from some stream or pond and continue on, depending on the severity of the injuries. Skinning my victim I could do shoddily but hopefully with some success using a makeshift wooden knife or a sharp stone. If I’m really lucky I might find some flint, but chances are even that wouldnt help me start a fire - if i even recognised the flint for what it was.

Tl;dr I’d end up dying from cold and infection.

6. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    You get molested and humped by a bear?!

7. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn stalker bear...

8. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmn...I guess i could go for game system where you can level everything. Also, it would only make surviving easier since i'm pretty much used to surviving anywhere thats not desert or in artic place(since i live in a tropical land). I would get used to living in the wild and not only that, i pretty much get to fight bears with my bare hands.

People think that its gonna be hard surviving without any knowledge but have you ever heard how our great ancestors(fcking cavemen) survive without any basic knowledge about how to start fire? They just got born into this world and had to survive without any prior knowledge. At least we have an advantage since we know how things work.

How to make fire? Use a stick, a log and gather some burnable barks and start a fire.
    How to cut wood? Get a sharp rock and tie it with a rope and its basically a makeshift axe(though not as strong as a proper axe but at least its something).

Anything can be a tool or an axe, even your friends can be a good bait.

9. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just thinking about this and found something that is nothing: https://github.com/isekai-truck/book

I think the first step is to determine your current situation, if a deity didn't updated you on what you will be and what you will have to do.

Are you a toddler, a child, a young person or an adult? Have you been summoned, reincarnated, or simply transferred? Are you inside a house or in the wild? Are you by yourself or are you part of a clan (big no-no, you may be in a chinese novel setting, shit will hit the fan before you can learn to talk)? Do you have knowlege of your powers (like a status screen) or you need the help of others to determine your power (or the old-and-gold trial-and-error)? Are you inside an Otome game, inside the body of a villainess?

Next step is to trace a plane to survive, strive, and get rich/powerful.

Is this world a LitRPG/RPG game world, whith stat points and skill trees? Do you level up killing slimes? Are there jobs abailable? Do you have a job? Is there a technology gap you can close with your other-world knowledge? Will gunpowder explode in this world too? Is this a world where you adventure in the wild, or you will have to deal with dungeons? What are the skills and knowledge you need to have to survive in each case? What about equipment?
    Now, if you really want to strive in any isekai, maybe it's a good idea to know how to do:
    • bladesmithing. Learn the basics of bladesmithing, it's not that hard. Remember Neil Kamimura, winner of the 8th episode of the 4th season of Forged in Fire. Eight monts before he was a coach potato watching Forged in Fire that get motivated to try bladesmithing. Eight monts and seventy-two knives after he was the winner of the same show. Learn about different swords and knives.
    • metallurgy. From the ores to steel and iron ingots, learn how to make it. Blast furnace is the key name, and you can do it with primitive technology. There's a lot of chemistry, but bear with it.
    • basic soapmaking. Not only soap, but shampoo, and rinse. And parfum. Again, it's easy to do, even Maïne can do that and she isn't even 10 years old. A month of practice and you are ready to go.
    • pottery. Learn about basic pottery, and porcelain, glassing, and that's all. Another month of practice and you are good to go, don't waste too much time with it, you probably will have limited chances to use it or even profit from it, but...
    • paper. It's one thing almost all isekai authors get wrong, people knew how to make paper and books in medieval times, but they didn't know how to produce lots of paper. Learn the basic and visit a paper mill.
    • agriculture. Maybe you will became the lord of some agricultural feud. Learn the basics.
    • administration and finances. Well, if you learn the basics of accounting, you probably will became a competent feudal lord. Give at least one hour of study to this.
    • basic weapons. Learn to use the staff weapon (), the spear/pike/halberd, and the crossbow/arbalest. Learn to make a crossbow/arbalest. Bows are too hard to learn, unlest you are in an isekai world where you can shot some arrows and get archery skill, but then, you don't need to learn it here.
    If you have time, give a shot at understanding the basic workings of firearms. It's very hard for a lone genius to make one, so don't hold your breath.

Now, if I get to this world with all this knowledge, I would be rich by now...

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  10. Shiksha_12

Shiksha_12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just sleep and wait for death god to arrive and take me along for a new journey.