Discussion How you would make use of Systems in your world?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Got nothing important to discuss, so hell with it, I'll just make something up which is this. By this, I mean if you were the game master (and creator) of this game (world), how would you set the parameters, attributes, and mechanics that will serve as the laws of your (fragmented) world? I've been wondering what kind of gods (and gaming sense) in the community possess. Are they able to create a newly established consistent world utilizing Systems or will they be like the rest of flock, just generic sheep and consumers?

Show me your hidden potential in world creation! Just parameters, attributes, mechanics over object, entities, and field interaction alongside types of skills and skill level (optional).

2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Or you can be like the God of this world, no system no magic no anything. The humans had to figure it out themselves.

Alva Quinn and Beltran like this.
  3. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...last boss in beginner village...

4. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp. This went downhill quickly.

... you just shattered the dreams of every potential reincarnated or traversed persons on Earth including religious non-fanatics and fanatics.

5. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's a game, i'd either be a helpful or cruel GM, depends on how nice the players are.

If it's a world i live in, i'd make sure of my safety & comfort first, so i'd probably create a very boring world with no fighting, where the 3 top profession are gourments, entertainers, and craftmens.

If it's a world that i oversee but not live within, the rules will change everytime i'm bored. I'll also neglect it for a while to play & see the other's world. "Oh wow won't it be fun if there's a level system?" 3 centuries of the more you kill the stroner you are, then the more harem you have the stronger you are cause "i miss those dating game". There'll probably be a lot of natural disasters as side effect of me trying to create a pretty interesting sceneries. Countries got into war after i kidnapped 2 royalties cause OTP.
    Probably kinda like those greek gods shenanigans

Beltran and Tilgarial like this.
  6. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Yaoikun

Yaoikun The other Red Siblings | Cursed Black Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Or you can make a paradise-like-world, satisfying every needs with just a snap of a finger. Who wouldn't play a game like that?

8. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not all reincarnation stories needs a system tho... some people are fine with just getting another chance...

i'd probably make a magic world without a system tho... with half of the world being steampunk magic and the other half tribal savages with shamans/druids and shit... i think that would be interesting

9. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I shall assume you confused my statement, as I stated reincarnated OR traversed persons from our world. Reincarnated is self defined, but traversed means anything other than reincarnation by it's basic definition.

Systems are separated two types (for me): Invisible System or Visible System.
    • Invisible System is like comprehending laws of a world via cultivation, magic research, or anything not applying gaming mechanics. This system necessarily is a system but virtually is not one in our eyes.
    • Visible System is inherently an Invisible System, but the user or sentient lifeforms are able to see and modify their dimensional information through parameters, attributes, or simply gaming mechanics in a sense.
    Best way to describe both systems would be Invisible System is the original concept of knowledge tree (capabilities) but only the readers and author know this, but Visible System enables both character and us to know their knowledge tree.

10. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Implement the ten laws from NGNL in this world...:blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

Alva Quinn likes this.
  11. Alva Quinn

Alva Quinn 『0→1』『The Servant』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm.. I had once tried to give all important physical, magical and phenomenal laws onto lesser gods (something like sub-GMs). Well.. it did not work out. The one had more work than the other (such as the death/void god reaping thousands -if not, millions- of souls, while the earth/mountain god had to only "stay" and not move), and when it comes to attributes it gets wonky seeing as fire is a phenomenon and not an element.

Popular novels when it comes to stats (I can only think of one atm tbh): Death Mage.