Discussion HSSB No Longer Being Translated?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Viola, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    So i just read this post made on Volare from the team behind HSSB.
    https://volarenovels.com/hssb-chapters-1167-1168-zoom-poof/

So i get that they are no longer translating the novel, but i have not been following the lead up to this at all.
    I understand that the Novel is published by Qidian so it is likely this is their doing.

This forum has a ton of people who follow and have knowledge on these issues, so i am asking for your help to enlighten me on as much as you know before Volare release more information on the situation... whenever that is.
    Thanks in advance for any help given!

Also a formal thanks to the Translator and Editors. This novel was given at a great pace and with very high quality. You guys all did a very good job. Whatever your next project is i am sure it will be handled with the same level of quality and it will be lucky for that.

hammer likes this.
  2. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    There has been a long long lead up. Nothing I can think of recently though. Visit the discord for more details. Or just wait. Someone will clarify things soon, either someone who knows the recent news or another announcement with concrete reasons.

3. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I saw they didn't get DMCA'd yet but QI has the rights to the novel so they can DMCA it at any time if they feel like it, and the translator didn't want to deal with that.

4. lafiel11

lafiel11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They said they would follow with info, so wait it out I guess.
    Also hn1f at webnovel haven't gotten a chapter for a week+ for some reason.

5. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    Ending is shit anyway
    He reveals to his parents who he really is and they abandon him like he was nothing

6. elchichoy

elchichoy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HSBB was among the few that I was following and it's really a shame to see it dropped...
    Decided to do a little digging and it's basically a Copyright issue.
    Qidian owns the rights to HSBB and the team behind it wanted to finish the novels but they decided against it so that Volare won't have problems down the line...

Taken from discord:

Also looks like the novel would be on ice which really irks me but it can't be helped. Qi just fucked everything...

Nepuko, Ophious and Viola like this.
  7. Causal Reader

Causal Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it's pretty sad that HSSB has to be dropped, but I know one thing if QI continued with it a lot of us wouldn't even bother reading it(from their site). Besides QI translation are close to MTL in quality, so might as well finish from a MTL site instead.

8. kkchaitu

kkchaitu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, this has been something that I have been expecting for a while now. Though I am sad to see it happen. This is basically because IMO QI wants page views. I am not sure how many of you recall Transcending the Nine Heavens but it was taken over by QI and now it has barely more releases than from before it was taken over by QI. Sorry, this not a rant or anything similar, just want to say things like this will continue to occur until the publishers (QI, TapRead etc) think it has stabilized. I think QI’s projections werre off and they are trying to fix it somehow.

Wujigege likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.