Discussion Hypocrites about Lateness.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CadmarLegend, Jan 9, 2022.

?

What are you?

1. Mafia

2. Drug Lord

3. Assassin

4. Perfume Seller

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CadmarLegend

CadmarLegend one and a two and a bing bang boo!

Reading List:
    Link
    Now, let's set up a scenario first.

Picture this:

You're living life as usual, and one of your friends comes to your house, steals all your perfume, and then eats your shoes. Like, completely swallows, digests, and leaves it at your doorstep in its final form. Now, before you go and load your sniper, and while you're looking through his contact information, you see this: he left a note. You hope that note will be helpful for your friend's life since you are a person who sells perfumes for a living.

The note says that you have been sincerely invited to the Goat Overlord Artistic Triumph (GOAT) parade of 2022 to celebrate the 2022nd year of Goats gaining cultural independence in the animal kingdom while being led by their Goat Overlord Arnus the Second (G.O.A.T. - Ɪ. Ɪ)

It is held on March 7th, 2022 so that no one will be late, giving everyone time to rearrange their schedules to fit it on their new one — after all, it's only January right now.

You decide to hear your friend out, so you call him. However, he doesn't respond and the voicemail says that Friend-san has gone to Christmas Island to prepare for the parade early. You are tired and rest.

You wake up the next day and decide that you won't kill your friend that day. You'll kill him during the parade so that it is memorable. However, you start getting prepared for the GOAT parade, since you will be busy for the next 3 months.

Soon enough, three months have passed by (well, you still have a day left until the parade), and you are on the flight to Christmas Island, a territory of Australia. While on the flight, you reminisce about the three months that passed by.

Asides from robbing a bank because you became broke, nothing exciting had happened. After all, killing chickens, kissing the residents of the graveyard because you do not know the touch of a loved one causes you to be depressed thus you have resulted to kissing the tombstones and thinking that they are alive, and robbing random stall owners are usual for you.

Sighing, you fall asleep in your seat as your goons have finished hijacking the plane. You don't wanna waste money on a return flight, after all.

It is the day of the parade. The note says that you must arrive at 9:00 p.m. in the evening later. It also had "21:00" for all the people who used that format.

It is 5:00 p.m. and you are traversing throughout the markets, searching for the location also said on the note — Generic Observing Advantegous Tree, NUF Square.

Suddenly, you see a fire starting! Well, you have your servants all over the island, ready to risk their lives for you since you have kidnapped their families, so you don't worry and stare in silence.

After 5 minutes, you hear fire trucks coming down the crowded streets, crushing a few passersby underneath, but no one seemed to notice.

The firefighters jump out and start spraying. There's one who is horny and lets it out in the back, but no one notices, again.

All the firefighters quickly spray in front of them, and the fire is defeated. By this time, basically, the whole square had been burned down. However, you could see everyone around you cheering for the firemen. You think about what would have happened if the firemen had arrived as soon as the fire had started, but it seems no one cared about that.

You see a woman coming out with a medal.

You move along.

It has gotten easier to traverse through the crowd. They are all condensed around the firefighters. Some people are crying near the fire truck and had
    conveniently found some tissues in the back, which all of them were crumpled, but who was caring at that time?

As you ponder about life, you move along.

Just a mile later, you notice that a robbery is happening.

As you watch the 15 men with pow pows running away with 15 bags in their hands, brimming with money, you click your tongue in annoyance. You obviously know that the way those hooligans were doing the robbery was wrong. They needed to switch themselves out with baits, while they actually escaped. For best measures, the baits should be wearing vests that had explosives in them so that word didn't get out.

Anyhow, 20 minutes later, police officers arrived at the area, which you saw since you were resting there as well. It had been a tiring mile-long walk, after all.

You notice that as soon as the police officers came, people started cheering. Swarms of officers appeared, and an important-looking one with sunglasses, a fit body, and fifteen different restraining devices around his waist stepped out foremost. He said in a grave voice that the authorities couldn't find the culprit right then and there, but in a few more months — possibly years.

As you start leaving the town to head towards GOAT again, you sigh. Even though the officers arrived late and made the case get lengthened out longer than was necessary, everyone was cheering for them. If they had just arrived on time, the robbery wouldn't even be this far in-depth.

After walking another 30 miles, you arrive at another town. This town is known for being a very dangerous, cliche villain town. Basically, one big villain and a superhero.

Just as you step into the town through the Great Over-arching Testimony gates, you see a very similar sight.

In front of you, you notice a man with a triangular head where the sharp angle was pointing downwards, a goatee on the point of his face, and a classic evil smile. He is holding a dead woman in his arms.

The crowd is very sad. However, a flying superhero appears in the sky after an hour, wearing a speedo with unshaved thighs, and a bra covering his eyes (with holes in the center of the cups, ofc). The crowd suddenly regathers and becomes energetic.

As you leave the town, you can hear the superhero mutter under his breath, "I had this girl's noods, so I guess they are limited edition now? I suppose I'll..." but move away too fast to hear the rest while wondering why the hero arrived late, but still got applause and cheers.

Now, you only have 60 more miles left.

You continue walking towards GOAT Square and arrive.

When you push open the gate that was keeping the party area enclosed, you see 100,000 eyes staring at you. 50,000 of the eye owners are goats. The others were all invisible.

Being surprised, you lift up your hands as a natural reflex. You were expecting a pow pow when you did that by habit.

Suddenly, a goat came and
    spoke.

"You're late. DIE."

Then, before you realized it, the goat had kicked you into the air.

Flying you wonder why the world is so unfair while checking your watch and noticing it's 9:01 p.m.

The firefighters were late enough that the entire square burned down, but they were still respected.

The police were so late that the robbers had the time to escape to another country but were still shown care.

The superhero was so late that he let the woman die and get buried, with the villain escaping, but the citizens were happy.

SO, why were YOU the one who was getting bashed for being ONE minute late? The world is so unfair.

SCENARIO END

Now, aside from that detailed scenario, why is it fair that some people can be so late but most of us peasants can't?!

OechineunAlex and Olives like this.
  2. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    The point is that some people you'll get in trouble for scolding, aka the police officers or a person with superpowers, and some you won't so you'll go full nagging to vent for the lateness of the others too.
    But on the bright side, you get to badmouth both equally for it! Behind people's back, everything goes.
    Jokes aside, maybe humans still have a bit of gratitude inside their hearts of coal, that prevents them from being Karens to their saviors.

CadmarLegend likes this.
  3. CadmarLegend

CadmarLegend one and a two and a bing bang boo!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. Behind them... hehe...

However, that's not it, I guess. After all, a president or another high-standing person would still get rebuked for being late. By the media, bu still.

Baldingere likes this.
  4. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    That reminds me of a youtube comment over a singer. The person commented to say they didn't like this kind of music, but they worked with the artist and she truly has a gorgeous voice and lots of professionalism. One time she got a phone call that her dad passed away, and she had a concert that evening. People complained that she was such a diva for being late. She gave her best at the concert.
    It's a pity we live in a society so quick to assign blame, instead of being considerate.

Lurking likes this.
  5. Olives

Olives [Former] Professional Basement Dweller

Reading List:
    Link
    I took a flight from my hometown to the town I'm staying in for college, since the next semester is starting, and the airline forgot my bag.

You better damn bet I was pissed to bus an hour the next day to pick up my bag (Full of perishables btw, had to throw out 2 tubs of tuna salad that were likely to kill me faster than omicron), and make the same trudge through heavy snow that I shouldn't've had to.

CadmarLegend likes this.
  6. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried, TLDR.

7. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Late is late, even if it is just a minute or a second.
    If you don't want to get scolded because of late, find a new area/environment that is very tolerant to lateness.
    In your case of GOAT, it is your fault for arriving late or you just pick the wrong choice from the beginning. If you have planned to bomb GOAT Square with a nuclear ballistic missile, you arrived on time to make sure your (ex?)friend is there because your friend supposedly should be there already. And then find a way to put a marker on your friend (to make the ballistic missile lock-on on him/her/it), and then go away hastily and after you reach sufficient distance, push the activation button for missile and hope your friend is not following you

CadmarLegend and OechineunAlex like this.
  8. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    So fishy’s best friend is a goat… *noms fishy*

9. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    Late means I'm going to lose a few bucks off my salary, so noooooooo :notlikeblob:

10. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Because they exist for the sake of taking blame?

Overall, blame is dependent on good will. If a person/people are liked/respected, they are less likely to take blame. If they have more bad will, they are likely to take the blame. If you are at 0, then it just depends on the mood.

Baldingere likes this.
  11. yun yun yun

yun yun yun (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 3 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well they gave you 3 months of preparation too~~
    You could've arrived there 3 months in advance~~
    There there~~ *offers toffee*

Baldingere likes this.
  12. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A hypocrite about being late must be a delayed hypocrite, right?

13. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm.....I still dont get the fic.

I try not to blame lateness because I'm always late.